HALO Jumps

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HALO Jumps

This is something I do in game and would like to share with everyone.

First of all, a HALO jump is a type of parachute jump performed by infiltration units (SEALS, Green Barets etc.) HALO stands for High-Altitude Low Opening. Essentially you can do this in game by jumping from a transport helocopter when it is at the flight ceiling.

It took me some in game practice and a few deaths before I mastered HALO jumping. Opening your chute at the last possible second gives you an advantage when 'chuting into a base. A parachute is easy to spot and if you are not killed in mid-air then you are flagged and killed shortly after you land. By performing a HALO jump and only opening your chute at the last second, you have a greater chance to sneak into a base undetected. Please give it a try as you'll find it's not only thrilling, but functional too.

Re: HALO Jumps

Originally posted by FishRoy
    if you are not killed in mid-air
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe it's possible to kill someone that is in the air. I have shot at many a paratrooper, and have not once been able to hit them until they've been on the ground for about 1sec. I have heard several other people saying the same thing.

Question about the HALO jumping: do you still take some damage when you land? I have jumped off of medium-sized buildings and opened my chute right away, but still took a little bit of damage upon landing. Wondering how this works out.
    [squadl]
    "I am the prettiest african-american, vietnamese..cong..person." -SugarNCamo

Comment

I have killed people in the air.. i have also been shot while parachuting. it isnt easy though.

Comment

I can confirm I have also been shot with chute open. Only happen once tho.

[age-c1] [conduct]
        Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.

Comment

HALO is the only type of paratrooping I do. If you chute in, you get 1. lots of people aming at you and 2. easily spotted and they know where you are when you hit the ground.

Comment

i open my chute asap, becuase i'm never assured that it'll actually work the first five times i hit the button. =(
            [TG]epheneh

Comment

What is TG's policy on skywalking because you can zoom across the map during a HALO jump.

Myself, I prefer LASLO--Low Altittude Super Low Opening. Flagpole or lower, baby!

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/user/58Congo/

Comment

lol, i also confirm. you CAN hit parachuting troops... with the vulcan on the carrier... that was fun

anyway, i agree with above. the parachute sometimes doesn't open and is very finicky. i wish there was a way to map the chute onto spacebar so jumping in mid air opens it. i always seem to be in a panic trying to find "9" as fast as i can!
                |TG-Irr|Legato

Comment

Originally posted by SmokingTarpan
                  Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe it's possible to kill someone that is in the air. .
                  Perhaps o mighty Tartpan, but it's not about making it to the ground alive....it's about making it to the ground UNNOTICED so you can do your dirty work :p
                  Warcriminal
                  chillin n' killin wit authoritaaaaa!!

Comment

Originally posted by Legato895
                    anyway, i agree with above. the parachute sometimes doesn't open and is very finicky.
                    I try to avoid any situation that requires me to use a parachute. More than once I've opened my chute, then about 2-3sec later it just closes on me and I fall to my death.
                    [squadl]

Comment

Originally posted by SmokingTarpan
                      I try to avoid any situation that requires me to use a parachute. More than once I've opened my chute, then about 2-3sec later it just closes on me and I fall to my death.
                      That's probably because your foot touched the ground on a cliff side or building edge. The moment you touch something your character is so bright as to immediately cut the line.
                      Telorn

Comment

Originally posted by Telorn
                        That's probably because your foot touched the ground on a cliff side or building edge. The moment you touch something your character is so bright as to immediately cut the line.
                        I've had it happen jumping from a helicopter, too. I don't trust the 'chute.
                        [squadl]

Comment

i open my chute asap, becuase i'm never assured that it'll actually work the first five times i hit the button. =(
                          It only takes you 5 presses?

I don't trust the 'chute either. That of course could make a HALO drop even more worthwhile a tactic ;)

don't think we have a policy on skywalking... never really thought about it before. Seems okay to me at first thoughts tho - will ask the others tho.

Comment

What is 'skywalking'?

Comment

Originally posted by 0b1one
                              What is 'skywalking'?
                              I think its when you go into combat armed only with a robe and a flashlight...

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X