Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

jbrown's ultimate tips and tactics guide..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jbrown's ultimate tips and tactics guide..

ok this may not be the ultimate tip guide, but im going to try lol. I have visited many forums and have seen many posts for example, "spec ops tips please," or something of that nature..What I am going to do is make a guide for everyone, not just a specific class. These tips are for all to use and impliment in-game. Feel free to add your own tips or tricks..again this post is to help everyone, if you disagree w/ my tips then thats ok, if you have one better or wanna tweak one of mine go ahead, but do not flame this guide if you dont like it then dont read it =P.

Tips:
    #1. stay as low as possible (prone) while in hot areas.
    #2. always use cover. may sound simple, but many people do not do this.
    #3. Use your teammates, they'll save your life.
    #4. look before you leap. Always look for your next spot of cover then run to it and peer around before moving again (important).
    #5. never be afraid to run away from a fight if you are low on health. many people just sit there trying to hit a target while the target is just demolishing them.
    #6. use your whole arsenal. (rifle, pistol, nades..and anything else) thats what they are there for =).
    #7. use nades to flush enemy positions.
    #8. regarding shot type. use single for distant targets and auto for cqb. I usually keep my guns on auto and if i see that i can potentially go into sniping or something or see a distant target ill switch to single.
    #9. (this is important!!) always always always flank your enemy. dont just sit their and fire it out w/ him/her. take a couple pot shots to see if u kill em and if not move and go around. this tactic is probably one of the best tactics to use in urban environments, but it works for all maps.
    #10. do not i repeat do not use tunnel vision. do not allow your vision to be fixed on your weapon sights. use your eyes and look all over your screen for movement.
    #11. for snipers: even if you hide in grass and you can see it on your screen the enemy may not see it on his screen meaning you are visible. usually try to find some rocks or something like that or a tree.
    #12. support class and medics always throw med/ammo bags around your teammates. they'll need it.
    #13. if you are firing on auto shoot in a burst style. basically clicking the mouse button will usually send out a few bullets. A good balance of accuracy and bullets.
    #14. if you see that a lot of your teammates are not assigned to a squad, make one and invite them to join yours.
    #15. if you are not a spec ops always stick w/ your team. many people wonder why they die so much and its because they get to selfish and stray away from the team thinking they can potentially get more points that way. in away thats true because if your by yourself and capture a flag its 4 points (not sure if its the same when u get a flag assist. prob not) but believe me when i say this, staying w/ your team will allow you to live longer.

Im sure there are a lot more tips out there, but these are just a few that i have seen people asking for on different posts. have fun out there.

Re: jbrown's ultimate tips and tactics guide..

tips continued:
    #1. USe the mounted guns on tanks, jeeps ext on helicopters..they work better than the stinger missiles.
    #2. use the smoke in apc's and tanks to mask your movement and your squads, especially in cqb.
    #3. know your role in your squad. If your a medic, than act like one. know the limits of the particualr class. Medic for example has no body armor so why would yuo want to go toe to toe against an assaulter? instead use your speed. hit and run tactics work well for these types of classes. but getting back on topic, if you are a medic act like one, if you see a fallen mate and you can get to him revive him. The team w/ the best medics who do their jobs win the most. I personally play nothin but medic because i like not only healing myself keeping me in the game longer, but i can heal my mates allowing them to stay in the game as well. That my friends is what you call teamwork.

Comment

Have you not played on TG's servers?

Comment

Originally posted by jbrown
        #12. support class and medics always throw med/ammo bags around your teammates. they'll need it.
        I have to partially disagree with this one. Don't throw them to your SL as he is hiding. Those medic bag icons show up on everyones screen. If an enemy sees a medic bag "appear" where there are no friendlies, guess what? This is really bad when your on the offensive.

Comment

i dont think enemies can see med bags, just like they cannot see mines or c4. only your mates can see all of that stuff, but of course you are partially correct you do not just wanna throw stuff out in the open where enemies can see the outline of it, try throwing them in places like bushes n such. And no i have not played on tg's server yet

Comment

Well I have seen the medkit icons pop up out of no where, I then have my squad go hunt down the enemy SL and wait for him to walk back.

Comment

you see them because someone on your team has thrown them down for one reason or another. you can only see the icons if a teammate has set them down. other than that you cannot see an enemies medpack or ammo icon

Comment

You can definatly see enemy med kits n what not. I think its ok to spread them all over when your on defense but when on offense only spread em out if they enemy knows where you are.

Comment

I don't recall if you can see enemy medkits or not, but since Santa and Phelan are pretty observant in general I'm going to take their word for it until Strikefear contradicts them, he is the god of BF2 knowledge afterall.

The reason I asked if you've played on here is because most of the regs have their stuff together and picked up this sort of stuff pretty quick. You should try playing some and see if there's a lack of something you can write tips about to help the community.

Comment

i have played in the server recently and for the most part many people had their stuff together, but the guide I have posted is mainly for the average joe who is just scimming the site for any useful info. It also never hurts for the advanced player to read it and impliment some stuff maybe he or she has not. In most cases i have played w/ people who generally do the same things w/ out and tactics at all. they run, jump and prone and fire. Either that or bunny hop. And at the end of the round they are the people besides noob w/ the most deaths. In conclusion this post is generally for the noobs..maybe i shouldve put tactics for the noobs or something, but the point gets across i think.

Comment

I think there is some cool stuff in here and it's better to post it in a tactical forum than hold it for yourself in a book or a txt file, yes I admit having done that, lol?

what would make it different from other guides would be to add for each tip, how to practice it, actions to take, drills etc.. since sometimes reading it sounds obvious but unless the specific skill is nailed down to the point of becoming an automatism, chance are it wont be applied while bullets are flying, and that is where it counts.

for example, for #10

#10. do not i repeat do not use tunnel vision. do not allow your vision to be fixed on your weapon sights. use your eyes and look all over your screen for movement.
                      tunnel vision is common in fps since we are so focussed on the crosshair itself, top players have been know to make theirs eyes work, not only the mouse, as sometimes looking to the side of your screen allows you to keep the crosshair where it should be, instead of "looking with the crosshair".

from here im gonna improvise some drills and stuff...one usefull way to use the sides of the screen, and staying away from tunnel vision ingame is when you are on offense with your squad, try to keep visual contact with the teammates to your sides by turning the mouse as less as possible, turn the mouse to the sides just enough to know where they are at exactly compared to your position, check often as sometimes ppl stop to regain stamina(good), no need to point with the crosshair, just turn a bit so you can see their name popping up on the side of your screen then same thing for the other side.

This will allow you to know who in your attack squad you can rely uppon if on the way you happen to bump into a enemy squad. It's also making good use of the sides of the screen instead of "always looking at stuff through the crosshair". And most of all keeps the gun pointing where it should.

################################################## ########
                      #8. regarding shot type. use single for distant targets and auto for cqb. I usually keep my guns on auto and if i see that i can potentially go into sniping or something or see a distant target ill switch to single.
                      take time to experiment with bullet spread on an empty server(bullet spread might react different if there is no ping since no interpolation). Try not to practice this while "ingame" since teammates often associate bullet fire with incomming enemies.

So, empty some clips on a wall and watch where they land, do it while standing still but also while moving. Also practice throwin nade through windows, while moving too. This would be mostly aim practice, as simple as it looks, it can go along way.

################################################## ######
                      #3. Use your teammates, they'll save your life.
                      Select a squadmate and make it your mission that he dosent die, like if he was a VIP, wether you're a medic or not it builds teamwork.

################################################## ##
                      #7. use nades to flush enemy positions.
                      in a month or two, ppl are going to be using nades very accuretly, and nades in this game are deadly, throw them while moving, always throw one before entering a building.

################################################## ##
                      #5. never be afraid to run away from a fight if you are low on health. many people just sit there trying to hit a target while the target is just demolishing them.
                      dying near a place where there is cover can guarantee you a revive

-S
                      Last edited by TG_Snap; 08-12-2005, 03:59 AM.

breakdancing since the 80's

Comment

Welcome to TG jbrown,

You seem to have good grasp of the basics of smart gameplay and of how important teamwork is in BF2. I think you'll fit right in.

As some guys have stated before, a lot of the regulars on the TG servers will be following these tips already which should make for a great experience for you. Try checking out the other threads in this forum for more advanced tips and tricks.

One thing I noticed that's conspicuously absent from your guide however is the importance of voice communication. This is probably a squad's most powerful tool. Check out the SOP's on the 'Rules and Announcements' forum here for tips on how to best use your mic to communicate information to your squadmates.

Comment

Originally posted by Levi
                          I'm going to take their word for it until Strikefear contradicts them, he is the god of BF2 knowledge afterall.
                          ... HUH???? :row__635:
                          Can't ignore that.

Thanks, Levi, but lemme set the record straight. That just flat-out ain't true.
                          There is one other guy who knows more than me.
                          j/k
                          Seriously, I know VERY little in general. There are a couple areas I'm pretty well informed in, but that's it. The reference you gave was ... sheesh ... uh, wrong. :row__591:
                          "You live and learn. Or you don't live long."
                          - Lazarus Long

Comment

Originally posted by Levi
                            I'm going to take their word for it until Strikefear contradicts them, he is the god of BF2 knowledge afterall.
                            The BF2 Dictionnary :P

breakdancing since the 80's

Comment

the med/ammo bags can be seen by both teams. when people throw out med pacs or ammo bags its like a beacon for the enemy units in the area. you can use this to your advantage by throwing some in a choke point (alley, swimming pool, secluded corner) then run away and get in a higher position and shoot the crap outta any enemy soldiers that turn up to kill who ever is at the bags. :D great for getting kills off stupid players that arnt cautious.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X