Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mini-map and HUD symbology. What's it all mean?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mini-map and HUD symbology. What's it all mean?

OK, before I start embarassing myself in combat, I'd like to know what all the Mini-map and HUD symbology means.

I assumed that the EA/DICE documentation would explain all of this in exhaustive detail, since it looks like it could be useful to know. But I cannot find any such documentation, and I refuse to buy a Prima guide to discover what the game's own doc should have covered in the first place.

Would anyone know where I can get an explanation of what all those little daggers, circles and purple lines mean? I need a guide to know how to interpret the symbols. As for embarassing myself in combat, I'll be able to do that on my own.

Re: Mini-map and HUD symbology. What's it all mean?

Lines in different colours pointing from your position to somewhere on the map are orders given to you buy your Squad Leader/Commander. Each Color/Symbol means something special:

Sword: Attack
    Arrow: Move here
    Hammer: Demolitions(C4)
    Mine: Put AT Mines
    Wrench: Repair
    Shield: Defend
    (I think that's all of em)

When you play as medic you will see little red circles with a yellow symbol, that means someone has fallen there and can be revived(15 seconds from that they fall untill they respawn/can't be revived)

As squadleader you can press caps-lock to get a map up, where u can right click on the map to issue orders to your squad members. To learn to play commander check out some of the guides available on the net, as it's to much to explain here realy.

When you are Medic/Engineer/Support little icons with a Redd Cros/Wrench/Ammo-thingie will pop up, that means the person at that location asked for Healing/Repairing/Ammo.

If you yourself ask for Healing/Repairing/Ammo persons around you/on your team that can give you what you want will get that icon(example: You asked for a repair when you're in a Tank, all engineers on your team will change from the blue "standard" dot on the map to a white icon with a wrench).

There are different symbols for Tanks/APCs/Attack Choppers/Transport Choppers/Boats/Cars&Buggys/Planes/AA/etc. but those are pretty self explaining(ie: a big square with a turret on top = Tank, a big square with small turret = APC, a big square with three lines(guns) = AA, Big/fat Chopper = Transport, Slim Chopper = Attack, Car = All cars, Boats = well.. boats, etc.

There is also one special icon which is a crosshair/sniper-sight, that's if someone in your team(or you) spots an enemy infantry unit that's a sniper.

One last thing: Sometimes there will be a red question mark popping up, that means someone said the spoted something but couldnt target it(basicly means = enemy around here somewhere, couldn't see what type tho)

Edit #1: forgot one thing, if you see someone with instead of the normal blue dot as unit indicator they have a bigger dark-blue circle with a yellow star = your teams commander.

Edit #2: If you see a bigger blue dot with a black number, that equals the squadleader for the squad with that number.

Edit #3: If you see a vehicle-icon with a number attachted to it that means the squadleader of the squad with that number is in said vehicle.

Hope that helps ;P as for spelling,etc... bah =p

Comment

Thanks very much thrthr. That's exactly the kind of info I need. You should write for EA/DICE!

Comment

What about unit dots with red circles around them, does that mean they are critically wounded? (See this on enemy dots from time to time)
        And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts, And I looked and behold: a pale horse. And his name, that sat on him, was Death. And Hell followed with him.

Comment

If you transmit VOIP and get a cracked red speaker icon, it means the gain on the mic is too high and you may sound distorted.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

when units on your minimap have a orange/red circle under them that means they have low health/ammo/armor but haven't asked for it. so if you are a medic/support/engineer you can heal/supply/repair them even though they haven't asked for the favor. its a good way to point whore :D
            |TG-Irr|Legato

Comment

Hmm are you sure about this? I've never actually tested this, but I always assumed the red circle around friendles meant they recently issued an "Enemy spotted!" type of voice command. They flash yellow for about 5 seconds whenever issuing voice commands, but they receive a red halo whenever they spot an enemy. Or so I thought until now....

Comment

Originally posted by oldredminer
                Hmm are you sure about this? I've never actually tested this, but I always assumed the red circle around friendles meant they recently issued an "Enemy spotted!" type of voice command. They flash yellow for about 5 seconds whenever issuing voice commands, but they receive a red halo whenever they spot an enemy. Or so I thought until now....
                Legato's right, when you see a teammates dot with an orange circle around it, they are short on health or ammo. I see it quite a bit playing Supply.

Lucky Shot

Comment

Originally posted by trent_208
                  Thanks very much thrthr. That's exactly the kind of info I need. You should write for EA/DICE!
                  Hehe, thanks ;p There is only one more thing i can think of now if you see someone that's in a vehicle and the name has a [+X] where X is a number from 1-5, that means they have X amount of other players riding with them in the same vehicle(5 being the max number as in the biggest transport you can have 1 Driver + 5 Passengers, I think only the big transport chopper and the boat can have that many people)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X