Jet Aircraft Analysis

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jet Aircraft Analysis

I decided to see if any of the jets were superior to the others and these are my results.

From what I could tell, all jets have the same acceleration, deceleration, speed, and mobility. All bombers have 4 Missles and 5 Bombs and all fighters have 6 missles and 2 bombs. A fully depleted afterburner takes 28 seconds to recharge fully on all planes. It takes 31 seconds to recharge flares on all planes.

The higher your altitude = the faster your plane's cruise speed (no afterburners) will be.
    ALTITUDE----------CRUISE SPEED *These results are approximated*
    ---100-----------------900---
    ---300----------------1100---
    ---600----------------1500---

INDIVIDUAL PLANE STATS
    F-18 --- 600 Gun Rounds/10 Seconds of Afterburners
    F-35 --- 600 Gun Rounds/10 Seconds of Afterburners/VTOL Capable
    F-15 --- 300 Gun Rounds/15 Seconds of Afterburners
    Mig-29 - 300 Gun Rounds/15 Seconds of Afterburners
    Su-34 -- 300 Gun Rounds/15 Seconds of Afterburners
    J-10 --- 300 Gun Rounds/15 Seconds of Afterburners
    Su-30 -- 300 Gun Rounds/10 Seconds of Afterburners

In conclusion, the J-10 and Mig-29 are superior to US fighters with 5 seconds more of afterburners. The US fighters have double the amount of gun rounds with isn't much of a factor considering you RTB to reload so often. The F-15 and Su-34 are equal from what I could tell, and the Chinese bomber (Su-30) has 5 seconds less of AB than other bombers, but it is only on 1 map anyway, Oilfields. Feel free to add anything you think is relevant.

EDIT
    Corrected the bomber names, guess I had a brainfart and just typed whatever popped into my head heh.
    Last edited by Dark Viper; 08-19-2005, 01:12 PM.
    |TG-33rd|Dark_Viper

Re: Jet Aircraft Analysis

I'm 99% positive that all jets have the same mobility. Last night, I was in the F-15 and was keeping up with StrikeFear in the J-10 in tight circles. That's not my only factual backup, just the most recent that came to mind. Bombers can keep up with the fighters. Dogfighting relies most on pilot skill and teamwork with your wingman anyway.
    |TG-33rd|Dark_Viper

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Viper
      I'm 99% positive that all jets have the same mobility. Last night, I was in the F-15 and was keeping up with StrikeFear in the J-10 in tight circles. That's not my only factual backup, just the most recent that came to mind. Bombers can keep up with the fighters. Dogfighting relies most on pilot skill and teamwork with your wingman anyway.
      The J-10 can run circles around the F-35 without breaking a sweat. The F-15 can keep pace with the J10 much better.

Comment

You've got the Su planes mixed up a bit, the Su-34 is the MEC bomber/fighter, and the Su-30 is the Chinese Bomber/fighter.

Comment

Fighters:
          F-18 Hornet
          F-35 Joint strike fighter
          J-10
          MiG-29 Fulcrum
          Fighter/Bombers:
          F-15 Eagle
          Su-34 Flanker
          Su-30 Flanker

I can't put my finger on the difference in maneuverability between fighters and bombers (yet), but I believe it's there. The F-15 may be able to maintain a similar turn radius to the J-10 once it's in the turn, but I think it is less agile in 'entering' that turn.
          Also, in particular, the J-10 roll rate seems to be faster than the other fighters, which is a great asset.
          But still not sure.
          "You live and learn. Or you don't live long."
          - Lazarus Long

Comment

Well I did say "from what I can tell". I do equally well with all the planes, fighter or bomber, in dogfighting. I think people are going say whatever plane they have gotten the most kills in is the superior. I mean if somebody jumped in an F-35 and was facing crappy J-10 pilots and just keep shooting them down, they might say that the F-35 is the best plane cause they shot down alot of enemy planes. Most people in bombers are going slow so their shooter can get kills so they get shot down and think they can't dogfight in the bombers. I mean of couse its sluggish going that slow but atleast for me, all the planes handle the same.

Bommando say's that the bombers are at the bottom of the list for him and TEMM say's that the F-15 is better than the F-35. So I think it's personal preference.
            |TG-33rd|Dark_Viper

Comment

I did a quick test on the Oilfields. I took the F15 and the J10 at about 100' and then put them into a few loops without afterburners. The effect was the J10's airspeed didn't go below 920 but usually stayed at 930. The F15's slowest point of the loop was 890. So I'm going to try a little later and see if I can get similar results from the other aircraft or if it was just a fluke.

Comment

i dont have any factual proof but the j-10 seems to have a tighter turn radius, and that is one of the most important aspects of a plane, even in real life i believe. Another thing i think makes the j10 better is that its very small, thus harder to shoot with the chain gun. The great majority of my dogfight kills are off the chain gun so i HATE going against j10s. The american and mec fighters are very big and pretty easy to hit.

Comment

I put them all through loops and here's what I estimate them to be:

Jet/FastestSpeed/SlowestSpeed/LoopDiameter
                  F-18: 1200/900/250
                  F-15: 1200/900/300
                  F-35B: 1130/850/250
                  SU-34: 1070/810/240
                  J-10: 1220/920/250
                  SU-30: 1200/900/250

Some interesting notes are that the bombers and F-35B lost altitude in continuous loops while the fighters like the F-18 and J-10 didn't. The MiG-29 drifted to the left so I wasn't able to get it into a comparable loop. I'm not sure how reliable my experiment is though.

Comment

What is "slowest speed" ? You mean, before it stalls, those numbers are too high.

How did you measure the loop diameter?

If a jet lost altitude more or less than another, I'd say it was based on your pitch angle, or roll degree, not the fact that the flight model is distinguishing between the lift properties of different aircraft.
                    - Lazarus Long

Comment

Originally posted by StrikeFear
                      What is "slowest speed" ? You mean, before it stalls, those numbers are too high.
                      It's the slowest speed during the loop.

How did you measure the loop diameter?
                      I took the peak altitude and subtracted the starting altitude. I assumed the loops formed circles but they (bombers) apparently weren't forming complete circles so it's mostly just a proportional measurement.

If a jet lost altitude more or less than another, I'd say it was based on your pitch angle, or roll degree, not the fact that the flight model is distinguishing between the lift properties of different aircraft.
                      Yea, that's my disclaimer. The loss was uniform though and the loop dropped about 10 meters lower after every pass with all the bombers. Since it didn't happen to the fighters but did with the bombers I think that maybe the bombers can't make sharp enough loops to form a complete circle.

Comment

from my time flying lately, i have to say fighters definatly are more agile i believe. they seem to "feel" much slower, but ive only been flying frequently for the past few days so i dont know how definate that is.

Comment

Arf - Duh! OMG, I totally missed it.
                          You were saying "loop", and I was hearing "horizontal turn". I dunno why, but now everything you say makes sense.
                          My questions, however, do not. :)
                          - Lazarus Long

Comment

ok, i am a noob when it comes to flying. i only strap up if our team has nobody else volunteering and i KNOW with out a shadow of a doubt that the j10 kicks the crap out of everything except for the hornet. the hornet is good, but still not as good as the j10. im not sure if the f35 (on of the most advanced fighters in the world) is just nerfed or what. i know the f22 is more of a fighter than the f35 (more of a fighter/bomber) so who knows. its a shame that the US is only represented by the marines. it would be nice using all sorts of airforce and army jets/stuff as well.

anyway, on top of its superior paper stats, its sky white and has one of the smallest profiles of any VEHICLE in the game

trust me, if _I_ can keep up with vets in a dog fight, than whatever i am in is better in some way.
                            |TG-Irr|Legato

Comment

Originally posted by Legato895
                              its a shame that the US is only represented by the marines. it would be nice using all sorts of airforce and army jets/stuff as well.
                              The F-15 is air force
                              The JSF-35 is everyone (Joint Strike Fighter)
                              The F-18 is a marine jet - on Daquing Oilfields. I haven't looked on any other maps.
                              - Lazarus Long

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...