Tactical Gamer vs. Adult Gamers Elite - TONIGHT - discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tactical Gamer vs. Adult Gamers Elite - TONIGHT - discussion

So we don't pollute the sign-up thread, let's have discussions here.
    This isn't the sign-up thread! This is the discussion thread.
    The sign up thread is here:
    http://www.tacticalgamer.com/showthread.php?t=58557

Some of the things I think we should try to brainstorm and answer:

1. Force structure (how many squads? what type? how many players in them?)
    2. Roster (once structure is in place, start filling the slots in with names)
    3. General strategies and notes - things to be aware of from different perspectives

For my own input, I have this:

First, the CO should go read THIS thread:
    http://www.tacticalgamer.com/showpo...88&postcount=30
    which is here:
    http://www.tacticalgamer.com/showth...31&page=2&pp=15

The SLs should go read THIS thread (IMHO):
    http://www.tacticalgamer.com/showthread.php?t=58463

Force Structure:
    I'm not really equipped to make a recommendation for the entire team. However, the maps have these jet attributes:
    1. Karkand - no jets
    2. Daqing - 3 seats. 1 fighter, 1 fighter-bomber
    3. Dalian - 2 seats. 2 fighters. USMC has the advantage because both jets spawn simultaneously. China has one hanger and the jets spawn one at a time.

Roster:
    Pending confirmation from the pilots, I am confident that VMFA-531 can muster 3 of the current 4 pilots in the squadron.
    2 of those players (myself and Xeil) are also in the 42nd. So we can shift around as needed, for different maps. Mishkan is the other pilot.
    We will have had our first practice this afternoon, so we should have a few new tricks up our sleeves.

Strategies:
    I still haven't had a lot of time to think about strategies on jet maps.
    However...
    Daqing Oilfields is perfectly symmetrical in many ways. Concerning the jets, each team has a fighter and a fighter-bomber.
    Air superiority is crucial on this map (any map with a bomber), but it lies entirely with the air squad's effectiveness (there are no extra 'bingo' fields to take and hold, and both main bases are UCBs).
    One thing to point out - The south-center base (the one with the smoke stacks where AA, a tank, and an attack helo spawn) is crucial for many reasons, including all those spawns I just mentioned. Additionally, the smokestacks, the tall building, the presence of mobile AA there and to the west make this base a difficult air-strike target. I recommend we make it a priority to keep that base. It's also easier to protect it with the attack helo over the river to the south (if you're USMC), using the missile to take out attacking armor. If you're china, own the base to the west and put the helo there.

Dalian plant
    USMC gets 2 jets all the time. If they also manage to keep the 2 AA stations on the shore manned up, life is gonna be hell for the Chinese air force - assuming equal pilots. If we're on China, we'll need lots of help maintaining air superiority.
    On the other hand, if we're on USMC, we can make it EASY for your guys to win on the ground if we have help.
    Unlike Daqing Oilfields, which is huge, this map is small, and there are 4 AA stations, and they can each cover MOST of the battlefield.
    So what I'm saying is we should keep 2-3 of those manned up. Doing so will bring the enemy air force to their knees, and give you MAD close air support.
    To do this, we either have to have squads who are committed to rotating player out of those stations, or having someone nearby ready to rush and use it... or, we could even put 4 players in the jet squad, and have 2 players in the field spotting jets and manning AA.
    "You live and learn. Or you don't live long."
    - Lazarus Long

Re: Tactical Gamer vs. Adult Gamers Elite - TONIGHT - discussion

Paying members only? I'd like to sign up

[EDIT] just so im not the idiot , he added the "THIS IS NOT THE SIGN UP THREAD" after I posted.
    Last edited by Malum; 08-20-2005, 11:16 AM.

Comment

This isn't the sign-up thread! This is the discussion thread.
      The sign up thread is here:
      http://www.tacticalgamer.com/showthread.php?t=58557
      - Lazarus Long

Comment

AGE likes to use a coordinated attack on an objective.

By coordinated, I mean, arty/mortars/grenades followed by Armor and infantry. Like clockwork: you know it's coming, but can't do much about it. If Tow is COing, we're in for a long night.

Some suggestions:

All of our teams have to coordinate: that means group affiliations like the 42nd, 531st, and the 7th must be second to TG as a whole.

What the CO wants, he gets. No freelancing.

Stay out of the open. The arty strikes will be coming fast an furious, let them have the center, and retake the flag when they come in. Tactics like C4ing the flag might be a good idea.

The most contested flag? Let them have it. Play the tickets, not the battle, and we will prevail.

That's all for now.

Comment

Originally posted by TG_Mateo

Stay out of the open. The arty strikes will be coming fast an furious, let them have the center, and retake the flag when they come in. Tactics like C4ing the flag might be a good idea.

The most contested flag? Let them have it. Play the tickets, not the battle, and we will prevail.
          I think these are some of the most imporant points of tonight's event. Especially the first.

Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

Strategy we can discuss privately.
            But roster and structure (like, #players in jet squad. Helo squad? How many players? How many infantry squads? How many players! A Defense squad? Or Spec Ops? Snipers?) - let's hash that out as members sign up.
            Last edited by StrikeFear; 08-20-2005, 01:11 PM.
            - Lazarus Long

Comment

Excellent points all. I have a suggestion for pulling things together.

1. pick the CO's we will be using for each map
              2. CO's talk to StrikeFear about what is required for air superiority in the two air maps
              (this has to include attack choppers!)
              3. CO's make their map plans, with priority targets and contingency plans included
              4. prior to each map, the CO will give a brief preparation on TS

This should be tons of fun! Looking forward to it.
              Peace through fear... since 1947!

Comment

I think it is important to know which points we want to hold on each map.

Daqing Oilfields:

The Villiage CP near the PLA UCB can be a real pain in the ass to any chinese airsupport trying to take off. It spawns a Mobile AA, a Tank, and gives a long distance Heli-pad.

The flag to the east of that gives another tank and an attack heli.

The Southern Middle flag (Refinery?) gives goodies similar to the one near the Chinese UCB.

The flag to the east of that one (Gas Station) spawns yet another tank.

That leaves us with 5 tanks, 3 Mobile AA, 2 Attack Helis, 1 Fighter, 1 Bomber, and countless Humvees/Buggies.

They get 2 tanks, 2 Mobile AA, 1 attack Heli, 1 fighter, 1 bomber and bleeding tickets.

Dalian Plant:

The construction site near the PLA UCB either denies the enemy PLA choppers or gives friendly PLA a chopper. Also, its an armor spawn point. Regardless of which side you play it's an important spot to hold.

The center beach head is the same as the construction site except it effects the USMC.

The Northwestern beach head is another armor spawn and the AA site there is a pain in the rear to any enemy aircraft.

The last point I would take on this map is the CP on the northwestern side of the map between the construction site and the NW beach head. It has an APC Spawn and the roof provides great protection from arty.

These points give us 3 tanks, 1 or 2 APCs, 2 attack Helis, 2 fighters, and I don't even want to know how many buggies.

They would have 1 tank, 2 APCs, 1 Attack Heli, 2 fighters and bleeding tickets.

Karkand...

Well it doesn't really matter what you hold. Frag out!

Comment

Update:

We will be playing on the USMC side for all 3 maps.
                  Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

Originally posted by Apophis
                    We will be playing on the USMC side for all 3 maps.
                    Knowing that....

Dalian Plant air SUPREMACY is within our reach. If we keep the North and South beach CPs, and keep the AA manned up, the two fighters we get should be able to do serious damage.
                    As a bonus, we'll get an extra tank from the south beach cp. Obviously, if we keep those, we should keep the center, since it spawns a tank and attack helo FOR US.

Daqing Oilfields will allow us to keep an attack helo hovering over the south river - west of our airfield - and decimating armor at stand off ranges. That area is not often watched or used, and being near our main base, should be behind enemy lines, and fairly protected.
                    - Lazarus Long

Comment

List of 7th that have expressed interest in playing to my knowledge so far...

JMJ
                      ultrablue
                      Jayhawk
                      Redleg75
                      Bommando
                      TG_Bubba
                      GM_CUstom
                      Clorox
                      DigitalAssassin
                      kin3 (late)

For planning purposes.
                      Last edited by JayhawkGrunt; 08-20-2005, 07:37 PM.
                      JayhawkGrunt
                      [defense2][conduct2][combat][squadl]
                      [age-c1][tog-c1][tg-c2][unit]

Comment

By your templates:
                        Karkand total roster = 33 players, no CO
                        Dalian Plant roster = 32 players, no CO

You got some sorta hack goin' to let us get extra players in??? :)

Also, seriously, Our plan on Dalian Plant is to hold the CP which has an extra Cobra. Now, you can make sure there is a squad with a competent pilot/gunner team, and allocate the cobra to them... that's fine. Or you can put 2 extra players in the helo squad, counting on holding that CP.
                        Up to you ... but you should give that helo dedicated staff, methinks.

On dalian plant, in particular, you might consider permanently staffing the Essex anti-air Phalanx and Sea Sparrow launcher - but then again, we can shuffle people around if we need it that bad.
                        - Lazarus Long

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...