How to fly for laser guided shoot

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to fly for laser guided shoot

First of all to say hi to every1 since i just registered and started playing few days ago. Its a great server and would be nice if there would more servers like this one who encourge teamplay.
    Now, my guestion is how should i actually fly with bombers to ensure my copilot can make his shoots. Its frustrating to fly straight at the target, dive into it and do whatever it takes and he not getting lock. Or making a perfect run and him missing. I know its possible for the missle to loose lock due to trees and obstacles but those arent my fault i guess. So whats the best way to fly. Straight and level, parallel to the ground, at certain angle, maybe while diving?

Also if im gonna play in jet squads, do i need TS since i dont have a mic. Cuz if u need air support ive read a lil trough the forums and saw u request it via TS. Can u request the same via voip. Or i can only hear my squad members with voip and not some1 else requesting air sipport.

Re: How to fly for laser guided shoot

Based on what you wrote, you're already on the right track with the bomber. Everything you said is true. Plus, sometimes weird stuff happens with those missiles - they're all a little possessed.

TS is NOT required to play BF2 on our servers - in a jet or otherwise.
    As a rule, no, you don't need a mic.
    However, if I'm leading the jet squad, and you can't talk, I, personally, will ask you to leave. Stuff happens too quick at 5000 feet for the 2-3 pilots not to be able to communicate.
    The idea we have to request air strikes via TS - that's the most effective, but it's definitely optional. Other SLs CANNOT request via VOIP directly, you're right. They have to go through the CO. But that's fine, if you can't get on TS also.
    "You live and learn. Or you don't live long."
    - Lazarus Long

Comment

K so ill get a mic. But what happens when im on TS and voip at the same time. I guess to talk isnt a problem cuz u prolly use 2 diffrent buttons but what happens when some1 talks at the same time on voip and ts. I wont be able to understand one thing thats beeing said.

Comment

Originally posted by face84
        K so ill get a mic. But what happens when im on TS and voip at the same time. I guess to talk isnt a problem cuz u prolly use 2 diffrent buttons but what happens when some1 talks at the same time on voip and ts. I wont be able to understand one thing thats beeing said.
        Yep that is a definate issue. I'm not a pilot so TS isn't needed during play so I just mute it.

Comment

I've only gone bomber a couple of times... this is what I noticed:

Slow down.

Love, CK.

Comment

Tried that, doesnt work, only makes u sitting duck. Guess its a matter of practise and luck.

Comment

stick parallel, fly slow (around 500), fly in bomb mode so you can see targets, call targets, make sure gunner calls when he is reloading, and make sure your gunner re-calibrates his FLEER
              |TG-Irr|Legato

Comment

You definatly have to go slow, so if you notice your gettin a lot of lock ons (and its not from planes) jsut strafe the sam site yourself with the gun, and then come around again so that your gunner can bomb armor. If your gettin lock ons from planes, get a better fighter on your team.

Comment

I prefer the pilot to be in a slight....and i emphasize SLIGHT....dive..so the missle doesnt have to travel straight down by the time i get a chance to shoot. Im a pretty decent co-pilot, but as you've read before, the missiles get squirrely often...just another aspect of how realistic the game is.

Comment

Ya, the best thing would be if specops could laser-designate the target. That would be awesome.

Comment

one thing Ive noticed is NEVER EVER fly the bomber like a fighter, Ive had many pilots who would take off and immediatly go for the enemy fighters, flying like a madman not doing any thing for the hround troops

a bomber is meant to go slow and straight, and if darkviper or xiel or someone is on your tail, well your screwed, but try and have your wingmates in the fighter to keep those leeches of you ;)
                      "The Taoist sage has no ambitions, therefore he can never fail. He who never fails always succeeds. And he who always succeeds is all- powerful." -- Lao Tzu

ingame name: Zuiquan1

Comment

Originally posted by wushuhero
                        a bomber is meant to go slow and straight, and if darkviper or xiel or someone is on your tail, well your screwed, but try and have your wingmates in the fighter to keep those leeches of you ;)
                        From what I hear, if those guys are in the sky, the friendly fighters will be hiding or dead. :P
                        Peace through fear... since 1947!

Comment

dark vipers advice for me

me - hey shouldnt you give me some advice everytime yo ushoot me down?
                          him - the only advice i can give you is to not fly when im flying

owned =/

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X