What to do with C4 on a flag

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to do with C4 on a flag

You probably have all seen it, you are ordered to get a flag, only to find (often just 1 pack) C4 on the flag.
    Some will just try to get the flag and die but there are ways to avoid this.

1: C4 explosions are affected by collision, this means if you can hide behind a wall your chances are much higher. Also, if C4 is put at the base of the flag, put yourself on the opposite side. Every little bit helps!

2: C4 has a range of 10m (10m is the 10m you see with the 3D alt on, like you see when you see a friendly mine), at 10 and 9m, you will get hurt, but you will live, so if you see a C4 strapped on a flag, look up at the flag and see if you can get 8m or more away from the flag while still capping it. If there are multiple C4, try to find where they all are and see if you can find a safety gap.

3: C4 can be detonated by another pack of C4. If you have a Spec Ops on your squad, or you are Spec Ops, just place a C4 pack over the enemy C4, walk away and detonate it, it should go off with it.

4: Often, the C4 won't detonate until the moment the flag goes grey/neutral, so what you can do, is try to stay as far away from the flag as possible (and the C4 of course) while you are still in the capping range/radius. The second the flag goes neutral, run away behind a corner or at least a safe distance from the C4. Then wait something like 5 seconds. The guy who put the C4 there will see the flag is neutral, and will detonate the C4 and then you can get the flag afterwards.

5: If you see a lot of C4 packs (all over the place) then there is a chance a Spec Ops is actively gaurding the flag, (which means he is watching it). If you think this is the case, stay away from the C4 and look around and try to spot the enemy Spec Ops. Also try roofs. When you find him, kill him and you can do 2 things, you can either then go straight back to the flag. (this might mean that another enemy will pick up the Spec Ops kit and blow the C4). Or, you can pick up the Spec Ops kit and detonate the C4 yourself so you are sure its safe. (Make sure you don't blow any friendlies!).

6: You can ofcourse at any time just try your luck and hope the C4 wont blow until you get the flag, 9 out of 10 it won't blow until the flag goes neutral.

BF2 Name: Thez(NL)
    BF2142 Names:
    Thierry(NL) (Sniper)
    Dikkiedik(NL) (Assault)
    Kittekat(NL) (Engineer)
    Dimi(NL) (Support)

Re: What to with C4 on a flag

I think the answer is to send a couple of guys to cap the flag, and keep the others on the outside, defending. Especially make sure the SL is safe. If the C4 goes, get everyone who is left onto the flag to turn it.

Staying on the outskirts of the flag range and behind corners and stuff can be helpful, but it won't save you if *I* was the one who put the C4 down. Look behind you, there's another pack on the wall! :row__523:
    Peace through fear... since 1947!

Comment

Re: What to do with C4 on a flag

Well, like I said, every bit helps

BF2142 Names:
      Thierry(NL) (Sniper)
      Dikkiedik(NL) (Assault)
      Kittekat(NL) (Engineer)
      Dimi(NL) (Support)

Comment

True enough. Being behind objects as far on the outskirts of the flag cap area as you can get is a good idea.

Other notes:
        - if I am in the area, I will blow the C4 before the flag goes neutral
        - if I am far away, I will blow it when the flag goes neutral
        - quite often, there is nothing to worry about because the guy who dropped the C4 is already dead
        Peace through fear... since 1947!

Comment

I have been practicing hiding the c4 in better spots so it cant been seen easily. If their are 3 crates stacked up you can get it to stick in the middle of the crates and no one will ever see it.

Comment

Don't put your trusty medic on the flag... they can kill the squad all they want, but I will have them back up in 15 secs.

Comment

Generally I just sit at the very edge of the flag radius. People who put C4 around a flag usually spread it around in poor coverage.
              [squadl]
              "I am the prettiest african-american, vietnamese..cong..person." -SugarNCamo

Comment

What is the range of the triggering device? Can a spec ops be "miles" away and still detonate the packs?

Comment

you can triger it from anywhere on the map... I have tested this one.

Comment

Originally posted by icky
                    True enough. Being behind objects as far on the outskirts of the flag cap area as you can get is a good idea.

Other notes:
                    - if I am in the area, I will blow the C4 before the flag goes neutral
                    - if I am far away, I will blow it when the flag goes neutral
                    - quite often, there is nothing to worry about because the guy who dropped the C4 is already dead
                    You need to come to my flags then :D I put one on the flag and use the rest on the outer edges, especially in areas on the edge that provide cover. I never put them all right on the flagpole.

Comment

People are definately getting better at hiding their C4. I ussually place it with the mind set, "Where would I take cover if I was capping this flag?" Most flags have a few favorite hiding spots, or spots that are just in the capping radius, but you'll never see the person unless you know where to look. Then you have one of two outcomes. The attacker see's my C4 and is forced to stand out in the open while they turn the flag (and are hence an easy target for be to pick off), or they don't notice it and I get a kill with my C4.

I didn't know you could use your own C4 to blow enemy packs up. Can you do the same thing with hand grenades?

Comment

During a testing session, the 42nd Recon verified that you CANNOT blow up ANYONE else's C4 by detonating your own in close proximity.
                        "You live and learn. Or you don't live long."
                        - Lazarus Long

Comment

Originally posted by StrikeFear
                          During a testing session, the 42nd Recon verified that you CANNOT blow up ANYONE else's C4 by detonating your own in close proximity.
                          Thats weird, on TG a while ago, an enemy tank rolled by.
                          I placed C4 on it, and a teammate place C4 on it, he blew it before I did, he TK'd me and got the tank, but my C4 detonated and TK him in return.

BF2142 Names:
                          Thierry(NL) (Sniper)
                          Dikkiedik(NL) (Assault)
                          Kittekat(NL) (Engineer)
                          Dimi(NL) (Support)

Comment

This is because I think vehicle explosions trigger packs on them and possible near them. I used to setup spec op ambushes on bridges and roads by parking my buggy and C4ing it. The logic I suppose being that the extra vehicle secondary explosion will be that the much more deadly. Also it channels the foe while thry drive around the "abandoned" buggy. Worked well unless a tank or likewise blew up the buggy as they approached which in tern always detonated my C4 as well. So vehicle explosions seem to detonate C4 in the area.
                            Xbox Live Gamertag: TG ABRA
                            live.xbox.com/member/TG ABRA
                            Friend me!

Comment

You can actually hide some c4 in the base of the flag pole and it will disappear, it's good for most flags that don't have any cover around them.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X