Weapon upgrade thoughts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weapon upgrade thoughts

Hey guys I am realitively new to BF2 and just got my first weapon unlock... only problem is I know very little about the weapons themselves (real strengths and weaknesses). I like Spec-Ops because of the M4s red-dot sight optics and Assault can be nice if you need some added survivability (but iron sites kinda get to me). Also used a Medics special weapon and it seemed really nice... thoughts?

Re: Weapon upgrade thoughts

One of the best ways to figure out what weapon you want, is kill someone who has an upgraded weapon, take it (G key), and fool around with it. Everyone has their personal preference. Its what you feel comfortable with, and can operate well.

Comment

You can also go to a server that has all the weapons unlocked so you can try them out and see what you like :)

The IP of 1 server I know that has it all unlocked is: 130.94.19.109. (Unranked)

BF2 Name: Thez(NL)
      BF2142 Names:
      Thierry(NL) (Sniper)
      Dikkiedik(NL) (Assault)
      Kittekat(NL) (Engineer)
      Dimi(NL) (Support)

Comment

good thing i hate the engineer unlock, pump action kicks ass :)

AKA TG Xink | http://www.andy-hook.co.uk

Comment

Jackhammer is a good weapon though, pump action misses sheer numbers :p
          (Still, DAO-12 owns it :P)

BF2142 Names:
          Thierry(NL) (Sniper)
          Dikkiedik(NL) (Assault)
          Kittekat(NL) (Engineer)
          Dimi(NL) (Support)

Comment

The m95 isnt as accurate as the m24, but it does slightly more damage. Also, when trying to shoot through glass, the rifle has a sudden inaccuracy spasm. The same shot that would kill a normal guy will probably miss.

It is, however, a huge improvement over the svd or pla rifles, if you dont like them.

Comment

Originally posted by lethe
              Hey guys I am realitively new to BF2 and just got my first weapon unlock... only problem is I know very little about the weapons themselves (real strengths and weaknesses). I like Spec-Ops because of the M4s red-dot sight optics and Assault can be nice if you need some added survivability (but iron sites kinda get to me). Also used a Medics special weapon and it seemed really nice... thoughts?
              If you are a spec ops guy, you won't be disappointed with that unlock. I've played with it on the private server, I really really like it :D

Comment

I don't like it so much, I am often Spec Ops or Sniper on TG and the G36C has the same amount of damage, rate of fire and accuracy, I don't really see the difference.

BF2142 Names:
                Thierry(NL) (Sniper)
                Dikkiedik(NL) (Assault)
                Kittekat(NL) (Engineer)
                Dimi(NL) (Support)

Comment

I think you should unlock the weapon corresponding to your favorite kit. I did not, and have almost never used it. If I ever play enough on ranked servers to get the next one I'm gonna unlock AT-kit no mather what, thats my kit and that's what I need ;)
                  "That is not an ordinary rabbit ... 'tis the most foul cruel and bad-tempered thing you ever set eyes on ... that rabbit's got a vicious streak. It's a killer"

Comment

Thats what I did, unlocked the DAO-12 as I am nearly always AT. It owns all.

BF2142 Names:
                    Thierry(NL) (Sniper)
                    Dikkiedik(NL) (Assault)
                    Kittekat(NL) (Engineer)
                    Dimi(NL) (Support)

Comment

I ran into an interesting issue. Once I had reached my first unlock, i chose the one for the medic kit. I played for a few hours then logged out. When I logged back in I got to choose which weapon to unlock, again I chose the medic kit. Later when I logged in a third time, I got to once again choose. For variety I chose the Barret, well now I'm stuck with the damn thing, and I never play snipers. Anyone else have this happen, or know of a redress?

Comment

That is weird, maybe a cache error or EA Account server thingy.
                        You can actually email EA about it I think, they might fix it.

BF2142 Names:
                        Thierry(NL) (Sniper)
                        Dikkiedik(NL) (Assault)
                        Kittekat(NL) (Engineer)
                        Dimi(NL) (Support)

Comment

Originally posted by Thierry
                          That is weird, maybe a cache error or EA Account server thingy.
                          You can actually email EA about it I think, they might fix it.
                          Thanks
                          I'll try, but after playing Ultima Online for seven years, I have little faith in EA Customer Support.

Comment

Originally posted by Running TRP
                            EA Customer Support.

What's that?? :row__738:

If I ever get a 2nd unlock on my ranked account I'll go for the G36C. It seems to work well with me.
                            Battlefield Admin() ()
                            [volun2][medic][defense3][eng2][support]
                            [sg-c1][gchq-c1][tog-c1][ma-c1][taw-c1][tg-c2]
                            | for | |

Comment

I think the right answer is go with whatever kit you play most. I love playing the medic kit, which is about as close to 180 to what I do in real life. I guess I'm trying to balance my karma in a game world.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X