Dalian Plant - US CO Considerations

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dalian Plant - US CO Considerations

This post may well be the first in a series of posts, relating to considerations that each side would have for each map. These should be considered more akin to wikis, than simply me relating my experiences. Comments, either agreeing or disagreeing, are certainly welcome and encouraged.

Assumptions:
    1) Full 32-man team.

Considerations:
    1) Artillery Island has no available land routes, limiting transit to boat and air. Artillery Island also has an anti-air emplacement. If the Chinese are able to land a SpecOps unit there, the US is in for a world of hurt. This is a valuable enough to warrant stationing permanent guards there. Perhaps a two-man squad with an engineer and a medic. Don't forget to keep 'em supplied.

2) If you don't have at least one mainland CP, you will have a devil of a time getting ashore. Of critical priority for US is to hold at least CP, at all costs.

3) The best kind of enemy commander is a dead one. Failing that, one who is blind, and deprived of artillery and supplies. So, having a spec ops squad permanently assigned to ensure this is a worthwhile investment.

4) The maintenance facility CP (southern-most CP on the map) is a covered CP. This means that the enterprising enemy commander can't drop arty on friendlies holding the CP.

5) It is far easier for the Chinese to mobilize their units to the front than for the US to meet them. For this reason, one of the best things the US can do is bring an aggressive war to the Chinese in the form of denying them the bottleneck route to the main entrance. A priority target for the US needs to be the eastbound road from the Chinese Airstrip.

6) There is a vast amount of extremely valuable non-UCB assets in the game, spawning at both the Main Entrance CP (Chinese side of the map) and the Reactor CP (US side of the map. By denying the enemy access to "their" assets, you will dramatically hinder their ability to wage battle.

Other considerations? I'm sure I've missed lots, so let's get 'em out here for the benefit of everyone.

Dice.

[drill][medic][conduct][tg-c1][tpf-c1]
    [ma-c2][taw-c1]

Principles of good Sandbox Etiquette:
    Assume good faith - Be polite, please! - Work toward agreement. - Argue facts, not personalities. - Concede a point when you have no response to it, or admit when you disagree based on intuition or taste. - Be civil. - Be prepared to apologize. In animated discussions, we often say things we later wish we hadn't. Say so. - Forgive and forget. - Recognize your own biases and keep them in check. - Give praise when due.

Treat others as you would have them treat you

Re: Dalian Plant - US CO Considerations

3. Yes - but try to get a spec ops unit there alive. Working back there would truly be "behind enemy lines". And first of all, you have to GET there, past a bunch of guys who are coming out of the canyon and want you dead.

5. I'd be amazed if the US could actually get troops and vehicles to the western bases, and defend them against the canyon, while still preventing caps in the east.
    I dunno - may sound good on paper - the canyon is definitely a death trap - but I've yet to see any US team even APPROACH that goal.

The air war:
    The US have 2 jet spawns.
    China has 1 spawn - which will spawn an additional jet after a while. Which means that if the US prosecute enemy jets fiercely, they can fight one jet at a time, and keep it down. Doing this is especially important, because the entire east beach (on which the US will have more presence, partly because of their proximity) is very vulnerable to air strikes, while the western CPs all provide more cover and/or air-obstacles. Downing the China air force gives the US ground forces even footing vs the Chinese.
    The second priority of the jets should be the 2 (likely) Chinese helos. if they succeed on these two points, they have scored an advantage point for the ground troops, who will be even on the ground and have the advantage in close-air-support provided by THEIR 2 helos.
    At the same time, it gives the US troops safer access to the beach via blackhawks. That means quicker deployment.
    After that, it's up to the ground forces to capitalize. on the situation.
    "You live and learn. Or you don't live long."
    - Lazarus Long

Comment

I have made it to the island most of the games I have played and held it, like today when I kept I think it wa you Dicemans assets down most of the game.

Az
      [age-c1][command]

Comment

I remember I was marshalling a couple of squads to your location, in an effort to clear that island and get my arty back online.

Great job of keeping me incapacitated, Az. I hope we'll be fighting on the same side, then next time we do that map.

[drill][medic][conduct][tg-c1][tpf-c1]
        [ma-c2][taw-c1]

Principles of good Sandbox Etiquette:
        Assume good faith - Be polite, please! - Work toward agreement. - Argue facts, not personalities. - Concede a point when you have no response to it, or admit when you disagree based on intuition or taste. - Be civil. - Be prepared to apologize. In animated discussions, we often say things we later wish we hadn't. Say so. - Forgive and forget. - Recognize your own biases and keep them in check. - Give praise when due.

Treat others as you would have them treat you

Comment

I have gotten to the island a few times and the opposing commander sent a squad in a blackhawk and a attack heli over to clear us. Their was only 3 of us. That is a good trade off, and having that attack heli off the other squads backs for a while is good too.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X