Sharqi

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sharqi

I command this map more then any other map, and i think ive picked up a few pretty good strategies. The key to the map is getting the right CPs to put yourself in a position where you can wear down the enemy wherever he is spawning. Its also important to be flexible based on where the enemy attacks.

Its important as USMC to leave one squad back to defend the main. A competent squad that knows how to use a support guy, claymores, C4, and their tank should have no problem what so ever defending by themselfs. If you have too many squads defending your home youll be outnumbered in the real battle, resulting in massive ticket loss. If you somehow lose the main, its really not worth it to send most of your squads back to take it. Just send the same squad that was defending to try to take it back. That squad wont neccesarily take the flag, but they should cause enough disruption for you to supply your assets and/or cause 2 mec squads to defend. Now to the real battle...

The 2 most important flags are the northern and southern. the 2 central flags (especcialy the construction site) suck to have because often you get caught up in those flags, unable to move and just get pummeled from every angle, including arty. The western base (as usmc) isnt usually a great base to have either because often a lot of armor and infantry come in.

You should have 2 squads at each the northern and southern flags. If one of these flags is taken over, it no doubt was over ran by many more forces then were defending. If this happens, you must be flexible and send 3 squads to take the 2 central CPs, while 1 stays back to defend. Essentially you want to have either both the north and central flags, or one of the north/south flags plus the 2 center ones. If you cant manage to have both the center flags go for the west-center flag, because the construction site is just a mess to defend.

These 2 scenarios are optimal because it puts the enemy in a bad position to try to attack you from, because if they dont send enough troops at you, they wont get a flag. If they send too many at you, youll just steal the flags they attacked from.

The thing i think most commanders lose this map on is attacking or defending the main USMC with too many squads. It just wastes tickets and infantry that could be helping out in the main battle. Anyway, any thoughts? Flames?

Re: Sharqi

I am not sure why so many commanders get sucked into the constuction site. Its a death trap.

Looks pretty sound, I am interested in using some of this next time I command this map.

CYberg

Comment

I agree with the northern and southern flags being important, but I think the station needs to be the priority for both teams. For MEC, having two helos in the air and none for your opponent is a huge advantage. On a full 64 man server, I would go as far as having 26 people attacking that flag right off the bat and one 6 man squad in Vodniks roaming the other flags. If the USMC spawns mostly to defend against your onslaught, then you should be able to take away the two western flags and either the northern or southern with little to no resistance. If they spawn all over the map which is typical, then your overwhelming numbers should crush even a well prepared defense.

Full Disclosure: I'm an armchair commander (0:00:00 time logged.) This is all based off what I've seen playing this map many times from the SL level.

Comment

I agree with Santa, last night I was playing when he was commander and we lost the TV station but he didn't push eveyone to take it back and we won becuase of it. Nice job Santa good tactic.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbo
          I agree with Santa, last night I was playing when he was commander and we lost the TV station but he didn't push eveyone to take it back and we won becuase of it. Nice job Santa good tactic.
          Yeah last night i was kinda glad we lost the tv station because it gave me a chance to see if the US could win without the tv station. Ironically, when we didnt have the tv station and our lead grew , and pretty fast. We didnt have the main for probably 70% of the map and we won by 80 or so.

Comment

i think if the us loses the tv station they may as well just all jump on grenades.
            if you loose your main in this map i think you have 0% chance of winning, 2 attack helos eating you up is just too much
            commanders: protect your main!

Comment

However, if you read Santa's post above yours he says they took the game even though they didn't have the main for 70% of the time. Wouldn't that skew your 0% chance a bit :D ?
              "Umm Deputy these aren't my pants" - Common alarm cry of the North American Crackhead
              [tg-c1][ma-c1][defense]

Comment

Originally posted by Zigrat
                i think if the us loses the tv station they may as well just all jump on grenades.
                if you loose your main in this map i think you have 0% chance of winning, 2 attack helos eating you up is just too much
                First of all the enemy doesnt get 2 attack helos, because the american one wont spawn if the mec control that base. Its also not that hard to make a helicopter in that map move away, because theres a lot of 50 cals/support guys and what not. If a full squad fires every clip in their magazine at a chopper, it will leave.

Secondly, unless i had amazing squads, ive proven you dont need the usmc main base to win handidly. If you lose the main, yeah it sucks, but generally the mec defend with too many squads, allowing you to own the city due to you outnumbering them. If the mec defend with one squad, you can send one of your squads to try to take the main back. I had darkviper doing this and he created enough disturbance so that i could actually get most of my assets back online. If the main is being overrun, send your chopper squad to defend it.

Thirdly, one intelligent and competent squad leader can effectivly defend the usmc main by himself. Have an engineer in the back with the tank, pinning anything down that comes on the mountain. In the tv station, place claymores on the stairs and have the sniper at the very top, spotting anything coming in. Have a support guy in position to mow down anything that comes up the stairs. On the flag, place C4. The 2 other guys can man the 50 cals and move into position to intercept the enemy based on where the sniper sees the enemy coming in. And again, if your being over ran, call in the chopper for support.

Comment

Originally posted by TG_Santa
                  Thirdly, one intelligent and competent squad leader can effectivly defend the usmc main by himself. Have an engineer in the back with the tank, pinning anything down that comes on the mountain. In the tv station, place claymores on the stairs and have the sniper at the very top, spotting anything coming in. Have a support guy in position to mow down anything that comes up the stairs. On the flag, place C4. The 2 other guys can man the 50 cals and move into position to intercept the enemy based on where the sniper sees the enemy coming in. And again, if your being over ran, call in the chopper for support.
                  The thing is to treat the building and the grounds seperately. The building should be practically impregnable when held by a decent squad, but the grounds are a lot harder to cover. Here's how I'd do it if I had a reliable squad: First, two firetimes. Fireteam 1 is an engineer and two assaults. Fireteam 2 is a sniper, a spec-ops and a support.

Fireteam 1 is on grounds defense, made up of 1 engineer and 2 assaults in the vehicles and armor. Make sure there's one .50 cal which can shoot at the ladder if necessary.

Fireteam 2 is on building defense. The sniper is on the roof spotting things, after putting the claymores ladder leading to the flag. C4 the lobby and back door, and have the spec-ops and support guy hide out in the stairwell. Spec-ops watches the lobby and blows the C4 when necessary. Support is a level above the spec-ops (2nd floor) and is 2nd line of defense. 3rd line of defense is sniper dropping grenades on the flag. That leaves support guy free to quickly resupply both sniper and spec-ops as necessary. Alternatively, swap out the sniper with a spec ops and C4 the flag.

Fireteam 2 is under explicit instructions to stay in their positions and not assist fireteam 1.

The squad leader is in fireteam 2, or the rooftop sniper (i.e., not the spec-ops or support) so the squad can quickly make an assault on the flag if it falls.

Comment

let me suggest pulling the support out of the mix, at least on the station defense. i find that my 203, no matter how much loathed, can often assist in the stairwell to stairwell battles that often persist. also, keep a guy in the flag area, and keep the SL on the roof with his finger on the clacker, ready to detonate the flag room upon request from the freshly slain guard. keep an engineer in the tank and on the back, but make sure he mines up the mountain ridge and the main entrance. have a sniper on the roof, but only after claymoring the holes in the gates, drop a supply crate on the roof and let him go to town. having another sniper on the extreme perimeter, facing inwards often will warn of attacks better than the roof one, and also will catch the enemy off guard, buy attacking their backs as they pass, OR, keep another floating assault on the grounds

ultimately though, i don't use or promote using claymores as a defense on the stairs. there are simply too many friendlies going in and out, and too many warning bugs, where your squad doesn't even see them. when the going gets tough, everybody falls back to the stairwells, and classes can float accordingly.
                    |TG-Irr|Legato

Comment

Originally posted by Zigrat
                      You can afford to lose the main base. We lost it that night and still came out on top.

Comment

Originally posted by TG_Santa
                        Been there, seen it. I was part of a squad with a guy who I think was fairly new to TG (had never seen him before) as SL. He had a pretty good squad, and we defended the TV station the whole map. Beatnik took it away from us for a brief second, but we got it right back and never lost it again. One squad can definitely defend the station.

Comment

Originally posted by JMJ
                          One squad can definitely defend the station.
                          It depends on how much they throw at you. It also depends on how competent the MEC are and how well they work together. I was in a lone squad defending the TV station before. Anyway the MEC attacked with 2 squads. 1 came straight in through the front with a vodnik, and the other came from the roof. I'm thinking he bailed out of the chopper over the roof and then had his whole squad spawn on him. So while we were busy fighting the guys coming up the stairs and ladder, we got slaughtered from behind.
                          |TG-33rd|Dark_Viper

Comment

I wasn't aware that the tv chopper spawn was USMC only. I also have to be reminded from time to time that your average TG player is more organized than 90% of the pubs. Hence my perspective is often biased that way.

Since you lost the TV station but still won, which flags DID you hold, and did you use the strategy you laid out in the initial post or some hybrid of it?

Comment

Originally posted by Cantina_Fly
                              I wasn't aware that the tv chopper spawn was USMC only. I also have to be reminded from time to time that your average TG player is more organized than 90% of the pubs. Hence my perspective is often biased that way.

Since you lost the TV station but still won, which flags DID you hold, and did you use the strategy you laid out in the initial post or some hybrid of it?
                              I used the strategy i laid out in the initial post, and was even able to get the west-center base probably due to the fact that the MEC had too many infantry defending the USMC main. I think the only part of the plan i deviated from was letting brennus's squad capture the western flag, which they held very well.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X