Bodies on the flag...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bodies on the flag...

It always seems like when Im in a squad in any server TG or otherwise (not that I play on those other servers anyway) I am always alone when it comes to jumping on the flag. Everyone else seems to stand around twidling their tumbs and looking around while Im all alone feeling naked watching the flag slowly desend the poll. That doesn't sound quite right... It seems like people don't realise that the more bodies on a flag the faster you capture it. Watching out for enemys is great and all, but you'll have less to worry about if you get that flag captured. It always angers me when I am sitting alone on a flag for 2 minutes watching it desend then boom I get blown up by a frag because my teamates have more fun watching out for enemys or the easter bunny. Am I alone?

Re: Bodies on the flag...

whenever i squad lead i try to tell my guys to all get in the flag radius, and usually only one of them has the balls to do it :( Today however i had a squad that got on the flag when asked and we were able to steal a flag against twice the opposition, so sometimes ya get a fearless group of guys.

Comment

Gahlas, I feel your pain.
      "Umm Deputy these aren't my pants" - Common alarm cry of the North American Crackhead
      [tg-c1][ma-c1][defense]

Comment

Ya, that happens to me alot. I've never died doing it alone but it seems so innefeciant. If 4 guys get on a flag it turns in about 2 seconds. It seems more ideal if 3/4 of the squad get on the flag, take it, then disperse.

Comment

a good thing about taking it down within 2 seconds is that the enemy squad leader will probably be exposed in the open and caught off gaurd, allowing for a quick clean up.

Comment

Roger that. There's no excuse for not leveraging the full power of at LEAST 3 or 4 guys when taking down a flag. Ideally, I'll have 4 guys on the flag before the enemy realizes we're there. After it's white, I'm on it too.

Sometimes I have to tell my squads 'DON'T focus on killing everyone first. At least flip the flag white, take away their ability to respawn, then clean up.' Some times that's easier said than done, but as a rule I have my guys assault the flag in force.

Of course, this can work to your disadvantage, as when there's C4 on the flag that nobody spots... ;) But for every 1 successful C4 incident I've had 50 successful takedowns.
            Beatnik

Comment

It feels like it's virtually impossible to get most players on the flag if they can still see enemy players at it. It's the number one reason why I hate to be Squad Leader. I end up either having to be a complete prick to get anyone on the flag or get forced to do it myself and nobody likes a Squad Leader who gets himself killed.

Caution be damned, you have to capture that flag one way or another. It's better to be wiped out taking it then wiped out looking at it.

Comment

Definately love it when I'm in a squad that realizes the flag is your main concern. At least get it neutralized for god's sake before you wander off! Bommando is 100% correct in saying you should find cover near the edge of the radius and be on the lookout for booby traps, but capping the flag is the whole reason you're there. Even if there are 6 unaware defenders looking the other way while you turn it, once it's turned new people can spawn there and help you hold it.

Comment

im a fan of the stealth capture, if you can sneak onto it and turn it or neutral it before the enemy even knows what hit them then spread out asap and cleaup, i found this most effective but often i see squad memebers spawning on the SL and move with him, idealy you want to stay away from the squadleader if your not a medic as to not attract attension

AKA TG Xink | http://www.andy-hook.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Beatnik
                    Of course, this can work to your disadvantage, as when there's C4 on the flag that nobody spots... ;) But for every 1 successful C4 incident I've had 50 successful takedowns.
                    Ahem! Should I chime in here? ;)

Comment

I think different SL's have different styles here. Personally I'm in favour of having 2 guys on the flag, with myself hiding and the other 3 trying to draw the enemy away from the flag (even at the cost of their own lives). If the flag is c4'd we're still 65% operational. The takedown is slower, but overall it is a little less risky (and I'm a more defensive SL than some).

Arf - be a prick ;) I mean that nicely of course - this place is about teamwork and if one guy is taking it upon himself to 'just go and take out the enemy arty' or 'cover the flag' without getting it confirmed by the SL, then that player has his own interestes at heart more than the team's (usually). If the SL isn't being effective then by all means nudge him/her by asking, but a SL should have a plan when you move into a flag, and should relay it.

On that note if your SL repeats himself in a more urgent voice he is not trying to get at anyone, it's simply a case of trying to confirm where the priority lies.

Comment

I have died many times running and jumping on the flag to get it changed. The SL's I have had will tell you GET ON THE FLAG. Knowing how JMJ, Perry and a few others work, I know to look first and if it is clear get to the flag. Once I am there I let the SL know so that others can get on and get it changed.

18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

Comment

I am pusher of this... I say bodies on the flag... Sometimes I have to say it bunch of times... I also only say bodies on the flag once I think the area is secure... So if I say Bodies on the flag I better see you running for that flag.

Comment

Originally posted by TG_Santa
                            whenever i squad lead i try to tell my guys to all get in the flag radius, and usually only one of them has the balls to do it :( Today however i had a squad that got on the flag when asked and we were able to steal a flag against twice the opposition, so sometimes ya get a fearless group of guys.
                            Sometimes people are just afraid that their SL will 'nade them while they're capping the flag. Twice. ;)

-=[dMw]=-Cain

Comment

The other side of this though is when the SL insists on EVERYONE - including himself - getting on the flag. When the flag is well-defended, it usually means the entire squad is wiped out repeatedly.

In a recent game on Mashtuur, we kept trying to retake the SE American main base, which always seemed to have at least one squad on defense usually with a Vodnik or 2. They were set up well, with the SL out in the hills somewhere, usually had C4 on the flag, and had the vehicle MG's set up to rain death on anyone advancing to the flag.

So we kept suicide rushing at it with the entire squad after humping for 5 minutes to get there. I pleaded with the SL to try to stay alive but he said we needed everyone on the flag to turn it quick. I complied, but felt it got pointless after about the 5th time we did it.

I think that if you have a full 6-person squad, you should have no more than 4 guys on the flag - with the SL and maybe a medic staying back. Then if the attacking fireteam gets C4'd, arty'd, whatever - they have somewhere to spawn again in 15 seconds to attempt another attack. If everyone gets killed and has to trudge back 2 minutes or 5 minutes later, the defense has had plenty of time to dig in again and get organized.

That said I do try to immediately get on the flag when we're attacking one and try to fight the defenders while ON the flag. I have the deaths to prove it most rounds lol.

NCman
                              BF2 POE2: NC_Tarheel
                              Team Fortress 2: |TG| Tarheel

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse