Fire Teams

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fire Teams

One thing I would like to see more of is SL's assigning and utliziing the concept of a FIRETEAM...that is a 3 man sub-unit of a SQUAD.

You can place a fireteam on opposing sides of a base or either sides of a road etc. and they can essentially cover eachother and the enemy....

I think there should be a medic for each fireteam....medic/support/spec op or assault for each FIRE TEAM

A GOOD Squad Leader will call out who is on FIRETEAM 1 and FIRETEAM 2 BY NAME!, letting team 1 know they are with him....and that way he can put a waypoint and say "This waypoint is for FIRETEAM 2, and Fireteam 1 is to stay with me....etc.

Re: Fire Teams

several squad leaders do this already, most notiblly of which would be Rambo. I think i might be tryin this out once i see how rambo uses it again.

Comment

guess you never played with rambo, he uses this tactic almost exclusley and weives it in and out of close squad play, sometimes we move as a unit but most of the time we move as fireteams in a bounding overwatch

AKA TG Xink | http://www.andy-hook.co.uk

Comment

I've been sitting on this idea for a while! I play almost exclusively as a SL, so I've never actually witnessed another SL execute this first hand! I do know there are a few that have already, so I know it *can* be done effectively! I just need to play more often and try it out...

Comment

it does take abit of practice but is very rewarding, i just came off a game where we had the red fireteam (led by rambo) draw fire from the enemy squad while blue team (led by me, the assaulting team) outflanked and destroyed the respawning squad,

good stuff

Comment

its is hard to understand those fireteams.
            i just came out of a squad (SL was Rambo, and he did a very good job) with two fireteams. it is hard to find the leader of fireteam B who is not squad leader. This was my first time with those fireteam things and i think it is good with experienced players - for myself it was a very hard first try.
            i need to get used to it

Comment

Here's an idea. Instead of calling them firetem 1&2 Red&Blue, why not call them fireteam Left and Right, or Assault Team & Flank Team.
              That way the name will help the team members easliy remember which is which.

I would love to play this style. You guys need more 1-4 am pacific game time when I'm on!
              (no fancy graphic)
              Question Reality

Comment

I sometimes use a loose version of fireteams. Mostly that involves me telling Asch to charge to his death. ;)

I need to sit in on a few of Rambo's squads to pick up some pointers on fire team execution I think. Usually when I break squaddies up into teams, it's one on assault/one on defense or two teams of 3 defending two flags. My whole execution is admittedly very basic. I like the idea of having two assault teams supporting each other and tying FT's to bounding overwatch.
                Beatnik

Comment

I've tried to set it up with my squads but it never seems to work out. Everyone just ends up confused. Any pointers on trying to explain it to pubs?

Comment

It seems its only possible if you have a smart person on your squad, preferably another squad leader, that can lead the other fireteam.

Comment

sometimes it is alittle more hassle then its worth, sometimes it works, others it doesnt,

Comment

1stMIP has been using this for a while, and now is working on including things such as suppressive fire into our repertoire of fire team tactics. Yes, actual suppressive fire which works in the arcadey bf2 world.

[conduct][volun][drill][sg-c1][tpf-c1]
                        |TG-2nd|munchkin
                        Nec aspera terrent.

Comment

Ranger Six was trying this last night in a squad I was in and it worked reasonably well, given the situation (he was tossed in as SLlate in teh game, when 3 new players had been rotated into his squad recently and we were MEC under heavy attack at an isolated flag on the 'wrong' side of the river on karkland).

It worked as well as could be expected under the circumstances.
                          Kornkob

I want to move to Theory. Everything works in Theory.

Comment

I've had the pleasure of doing this several nights w/ Rambo as SL. He usually runs Fireteam Red w/ me as his medic and Xink usually runs Fireteam Blue. When its Xink and Rambo its a very effective way to operate.
                            Long Live the 2nd BCT and 1st MIP

Comment

I've started to play as sqaud leader now and have implemented fire teams. "Team 1" includes the squad leader and provides supresive fire. "Team 2" is the flanking team.

If anyone has played with me don't hesitate to post and criticize whether you liked my sqaud leading. If any of the more experienced members see me as sqaud leader please join my sqaud so I can learn with you guys.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X