Helo Attack

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Helo Attack

I read the other topic about attacking ground units with the attack choppers,but didnt come up with a solution to my problem. I am a great pilot I can do about anything but attack that is my problem. When I go to attack a tank or other ground unit I go in at about a 45 degree angle and can get a few shots off before having to fight for my life to pull up. Is there a tactic on how to dive in there and take out a tank without struggling to pull up in time. Also I can only seem to hit my targets with about 2 out of 5 missels, whats the secret to that crosshair. Thanks.

One more thing is the SAITEK BLUE Joystick with the seperate throttle a good idea for flying choppers.

Re: Helo Attack

I think most chopper pilots use mice. But, don't dive as sharply, set your self up for a run farther away so it's not as far as a dive. Also, you should have a gunner in there, and his TV guided missiles crosshairs are about midway between your crosshairs and the gunner's view. Also, launch missiles in a flurry against infantry, the splash damage is almost nil so you need a close hit. As for vehicles, try and hover some and get a few steady shots (around 5-10) on them.

Comment

If you are forced to dive, when you pitch your nose down to him, bring down your throttle to as if you were just landing regularly, this seems to slow your decent to the ground and give you more time to fire on the target.

Comment

Like Muncher said start from farther away. You don't have to be that close to get hits either. I have launched rockets from almost 300 m away and killed apcs and tanks.

Comment

in addition, empty your rockets after each pass, this will allow for a full barrage on your next run
          |TG-Irr|Legato

Comment

Keep in mind each rocket doesnt go exactly where the crosshair is. Its a little to the left on the first rocket, and a lil to the right on the second rocket. Because of this its usually best to try to approach an apc/tank from the side so that a bigger profile of the apc/tank is facing you, and each rocket will hit the armor.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X