how to deal with blackhawk on matshuur and stalemate

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to deal with blackhawk on matshuur and stalemate

I am pretty close to giving up trying to command OPFOR on these two maps. When I command the US side victory is easy but the blackhawk is nearly impossible to defend against on maps with no jets. This is especially difficult on these two maps because your main base is not a UCB so what the enemy commander does (and what I do too when I am on the other side!) is just send a loaded blackhawk to cap my main and then kill all my assets. The blackhawk minigun even takes out APCs very easily..

only solution for this IMO is to limit blackhawk ammo somhow (please god in a patch) -- so it has to go rearm like every other air asset

personally, I don't think we should have the blackhawk on maps unless opfor has migs or j-10s to blow em up.

Re: how to deal with blackhawk on matshuur and stalemate

On stalemate OpFor needs to load up on .50 cals and APCs. There's a lot of vehicles on that map.

On Mashtuur, cap the blackhawk spawn and defend it.

Comment

You can take out a blackhawk with a single AT shot if you hit its wheels

BF2 Name: Thez(NL)
      BF2142 Names:
      Thierry(NL) (Sniper)
      Dikkiedik(NL) (Assault)
      Kittekat(NL) (Engineer)
      Dimi(NL) (Support)

Comment

It's definitely imbalanced. I know pure ramming is frowned upon, but I am able to mentally justify loading up the OpFor transports' noses with C4...flying right up next to the BHs...switching to a rear position and detonating.

Technically not ramming...and it definitely saves your team lives on those maps.

Rinse, repeat.

Comment

it is very difficult to defend against a full blackwhore loadout, i just have to grin and bear it most times on opfor, avoidance is often best way to stay alive

AKA TG Xink | http://www.andy-hook.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Thierry
            Myth or Fact?

I could swear that someone posted their experimental results and found no such weakness. People talk alot about the rotor weakness, but I don't believe that is true either.
            Peace through fear... since 1947!

Comment

Fact. The wheel is a one shot AT kill.

Problem is that you have to hit the RUBBER part.. very very tough shot. About the only way is on the pad getting ready for take off or if it were hovering right over you.

Comment

Originally posted by Batknight23
                It's definitely imbalanced. I know pure ramming is frowned upon, but I am able to mentally justify loading up the OpFor transports' noses with C4...flying right up next to the BHs...switching to a rear position and detonating.

Technically not ramming...and it definitely saves your team lives on those maps.

Rinse, repeat.
                LOL! Don't do that here or you will be taken out back and beaten with a sack of doorknobs!

People need to understand that TG isn't about setting rules and seeing how far we can push them. It is about playing in a way which puts the enjoyment of the group as a whole ahead of the enjoyment of the individual.

Comment

quote:

People need to understand that TG isn't about setting rules and seeing how far we can push them. It is about playing in a way which puts the enjoyment of the group as a whole ahead of the enjoyment of the individual.

By that motto i think that considering the misery a blackhawk gives to the OPFOR, ramming them is perfectly fine :)

Comment

I always look forward to a helo (either attack or blackhawk) when there is a 50 cal within reach. They go down pretty quickly... so I guess I don't see the problem with non-jet maps.

Sean

Comment

Originally posted by Thierry
                      Huh? The wheels? Ok, that makes a lot of sense. As we all know, a blackhawk just can't fly without its wheels.

Have the good folks at EA/DICE ever seen a real helicopter?

Comment

Originally posted by Batknight23
                        Fact. The wheel is a one shot AT kill.

Problem is that you have to hit the RUBBER part.. very very tough shot. About the only way is on the pad getting ready for take off or if it were hovering right over you.
                        Not that I didn't trust you, but I can confirm from my own tests the following:
                        1. The rubber part of the wheels is the weakest part of the helo
                        2. One AT round to that weak point will take down the helo
                        3. THIS IS THE SAME FOR THE ATTACK HELO!
                        4. The windows are slightly weaker than the rest of the helo
                        5. Every other part of the helo seems the same, including rotors
                        6. Pistols do 0 damage to the chopper
                        7. One overheat worth of .50 cal will take the BH down to 4 bars
                        8. If you stick C4 on the wheels of a helo, it disappears
                        9. There doesn't appear to be a way to take out a helo with 1 C4, even on the wheels, but 2 will do it every time

Excellent info. I spent considerable time seeing how well I could snipe the helo. :)

Comment

Originally posted by icky
                          Myth or Fact?

I could swear that someone posted their experimental results and found no such weakness. People talk alot about the rotor weakness, but I don't believe that is true either.
                          I've tried in on a carrier three times, it works, it has to be directly on the wheels, which is a tough shot but I it does work.

BF2 Name: Thez(NL)
                          BF2142 Names:
                          Thierry(NL) (Sniper)
                          Dikkiedik(NL) (Assault)
                          Kittekat(NL) (Engineer)
                          Dimi(NL) (Support)

Comment

Doesn't anyone know how much damage one AT shot does as well as the Support's machine gun? It must do comparable damage to the .50 machine gun; I remember downing an attack chopper on Kubra dam that was hovering and just gunning people down.

Comment

whoah! i didn't know the wheels were a one shot AT kill for helis...that's good to know...

on STALEMATE i recommend manning the permanent TOW positions when there's an incoming Blackhawk. it won't be as effective on Tactical Gamer, but on public servers i've downed plenty of full Blackhawks trying to cap a flag vertically on STALEMATE. those TOW sites do tons more damage on helis than the Stinger sites.

on MASHTUUR CITY i guess have an engineer in a tank with a medic gunner protect your assets. the medic can man the .50 cal and duck to heal himself if injured and the engineer can down the lumbering blackhawk with "relative" ease. i say "relative".

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X