Enemy assets

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enemy assets

I had a blast the last couple of nights being in squads that were not only told to destroy enemy assets but then also told to make sure those assets didn't get repaired. Do a lot of commanders use squads this way? It seemed to work great.

For instance, we kept the US arty down on Oman for nearly the entire game and it was a route for the MEC. On Stalemate the we tied up the Chinese arty for most of the game and pulled out a decisive victory.

I was told that the arty on any given map can account for nearly 100 kills. If these numbers are true then destroying enemy assets and keeping them down gives your team gets a tremendous advantage.

A three man squad works great (1 support, 2 SpecOps). They don't necessarily need to engage every enemy that comes to repair. Just re-destroy the assets after the are gone.

Let me know what you think.

Sean

Re: Enemy assets

Originally posted by SeanNTI
    I had a blast the last couple of nights being in squads that were not only told to destroy enemy assets but then also told to make sure those assets didn't get repaired. Do a lot of commanders use squads this way? It seemed to work great.
    I've used squads like this, and I think it goes a long way to making sure that you control the map.

On the other hand, I've also played games wherein this was a virutally useless strategy because the squad I would assign to the task was constantly being taken out enroute to the assets (this wasn't the squad's choice of transportation either, the entire team was getting pummelled). In this particular battle, I think that the SpecOps squad that I had assigned to the enemy commader assets would've been better utilized in some other role on the battlefield.

Overall, I think it is a great tactic but, like all tactics, there is a time to use it and a time to not use it. I'm just not sure how to enumerate those conditions off the top of my head though.

[drill][medic][conduct][tg-c1][tpf-c1]
    [ma-c2][taw-c1]

Principles of good Sandbox Etiquette:
    Assume good faith - Be polite, please! - Work toward agreement. - Argue facts, not personalities. - Concede a point when you have no response to it, or admit when you disagree based on intuition or taste. - Be civil. - Be prepared to apologize. In animated discussions, we often say things we later wish we hadn't. Say so. - Forgive and forget. - Recognize your own biases and keep them in check. - Give praise when due.

Treat others as you would have them treat you

Comment

Originally posted by SeanNTI

For instance, we kept the US arty down on Oman for nearly the entire game and it was a route for the MEC. On Stalemate the we tied up the Chinese arty for most of the game and pulled out a decisive victory.

I was told that the arty on any given map can account for nearly 100 kills. If these numbers are true then destroying enemy assets and keeping them down gives your team gets a tremendous advantage.

A three man squad works great (1 support, 2 SpecOps). They don't necessarily need to engage every enemy that comes to repair. Just re-destroy the assets after the are gone.

Let me know what you think.

Sean
      Hey Sean, you and NB did a fantastic job keeping the arty down on Oman. Especially repelling those fast attack jeeps. I have yet to have a commander specifically assign my squad to the task of arty demolition. I think more commanders should on the maps that have arty in the middle of the action so to speak..ie Oman. The last time I lead an MEC squad on Oman, one of the squad members suggested we take and hold the western beach base to keep USMC arty down, since we didn't have a commander I said great idea. Well it was an awesome round to say the least...see aa report(http://www.tacticalgamer.com/showthread.php?t=58952) we kept the arty down under overwhelming odds and the MEC won the map.

That squad you were in was only the second I have tried that strategy. I think most will probally agree it's harder for the MEC to win Oman..dunno why just seems that way to me. On that game keeping the arty down literally made the difference. Your score wouldn't show it but you have to know you and NB singled handedly saved probally 75-100 tickets. I kinda felt bad for you guys when the action was slow for a while... but not one complaint...and did you notice when you guys came under heavy fire the rest of the squad flew right over to help. I though that was great. See you in game.

Edit: I don't know for sure because I have not learned to command yet but I think maybe commanders don't want to commit a full squad to keeping assets down on a map where the assests are outta the way so to speak. Also boring for some not so inclined. Without a flag near by...if they get whipped out it's all over. UCB assets come with a whole host of obvious problems. On Oman you have that base right there so the squad is running dbl duty, flag defence arty demo..win win.
      Last edited by TG_Trigger; 09-12-2005, 03:45 PM. Reason: Idea

[age-c1] [conduct]
      Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.

Comment

Great round the other day fellas, it was fun. We managed to take out several helo's from that west flag as well. :D

Comment

I had a great time blowing the arty and defending that flag. We did one hell of a job at it too!
          "Umm Deputy these aren't my pants" - Common alarm cry of the North American Crackhead
          [tg-c1][ma-c1][defense]

Comment

Thanks faultline...you and Shiner{edit:oops and pickle too sorry} were top notch on defence. As you well know having good squad members makes the SL job a lot easier.
            Last edited by TG_Trigger; 09-12-2005, 06:19 PM.

[age-c1] [conduct]
            Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.

Comment

When i CO i only use these squads if they tell me thats what their specialty is, of if a squad is defending a base near the enemys assets. However, id rather have ONLY 3 guys in that squad, because 6 kinda seems like a waste. Those 3 extra guys could be well spent on other squads.

Comment

I agree normally six would have been too many. However, in this case six was warranted because we were doing double duty. We were destroying assets and defending the flag at the same time.
                "Umm Deputy these aren't my pants" - Common alarm cry of the North American Crackhead
                [tg-c1][ma-c1][defense]

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X