Avoiding Artillary

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avoiding Artillary

Every now and then I'm sure we all find ourselves out in the open when an artillary strike hits. Assuming theres no reachable cover what do you guys do to avoid an aerial view of the map?

I'm pretty sure the best spot to be when arty hits you is on the slope of a hill. I've had one hit 3 meters away from me while I was on the center hill on zatar and I didn't even get a scratch. And as a rule of thumb I go prone whenver I hear an arty blast, it evades the splash damage and I generally live more often. But if there's no reachable cover or hills anywhere I think the best thing to do is just to stay put (don't run around aimlessly) and let the bf2 gods decide your fate.

Re: Avoiding Artillary

If there's no cover, I immediately run in a straight line away from where I think the first one hit. If it's friendly, then I immediately run straight away from the center of the arty indicator.
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

luckily, this is not a problem for me.

the first shell always hits me dead on. i'm like an artillery canary.
      [TG]epheneh

Comment

Well Darkviper can acctually predict where it's going to land. He's about 90% accurate, have no idea how he does it.

Comment

You can usually tell where the Arty is centered (the flag you're capping, that big group of blue dots on your mini-map, etc...) If I have a full sprint bar, I run like hell directly away from where I think the the Arty is centered. Otherwise I hunker down and find anything I can to hide next to. Even a big rock will save you if a shell lands on the other side of it and you're prone.

I've found prayer works wonders also...

Comment

I bunny-hop like crazy.

Comment

If there is a ladder, climb. I agree that if you are not on a flat surface next to the Hit, then you have an excellent chance of survival. I have never artilleried anyone off of a smoke stack. You can't get the artillery shell to hit the stack. A roof though, you are fair game. Parachuting, or on the ladder, only the shell itself has a chance to get you, not the splash.

Lucky Shot

Comment

if your near enough to the enemy arty, and can hear it firing, tell your squad to spread out and find cover. Also, you can just look at your map and see where the biggest cluster(s) of friendlys are, and thats a good indication of where the arty will probably hit. Your also a good target if your not moving, so if you stay on the move you should be ok.

Comment

Try to get next to a building or other object. The more walls you are next to the less likely you are to get killed by splash damage. The ladder idea is also good. If you can onto a tall enough ladder you are extremely safe from arty.

Comment

Originally posted by Phelan Ward
                    Well Darkviper can acctually predict where it's going to land. He's about 90% accurate, have no idea how he does it.
                    If you can see the arty firing, you can tell which direction it will come down at. Look on the map and find the biggest clump of friendlies, that is probably where it is going to land.
                    |TG-33rd|Dark_Viper

Comment

I find great success in putting my head between my legs and kissing my butt goodbye.
                      "Umm Deputy these aren't my pants" - Common alarm cry of the North American Crackhead
                      [tg-c1][ma-c1][defense]

Comment

I can hear it firing most of the time. When I hear it, I reposition to a spot where I think the arty will not be hitting (usually groups of people or a flag). Always have your ears open for arty firing and you'll have plenty of time to find cover.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

I personally screamy "MUMMY!" over the comms channel. It doesn't save me, but damn does it feel good.

[conduct][volun][drill][sg-c1][tpf-c1]
                          |TG-2nd|munchkin
                          Nec aspera terrent.

Comment

If the first strike misses, most of the time I'll run away from the likely target. About a 30% survival rate doing that. If I'm already prone and setting up for a shot or otherwise engaged in "operations" I'll stay put and think, "Oh well, I had a good run".

The fun part about surviving arty is when an enemy charges the blast zone not expecting to find anything still breathing. Also, you get to see those ragdoll physics in action.
                            In game handle: Steel Scion
                            sigpic

Comment

I hit the enter key and start planning my next respawn. Arty never misses me...
                              (no fancy graphic)
                              Question Reality

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...