Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's talk tactics (Dalian Plant)

Attack and defence stratagies, Dalian Plant:
    First picture attack, second picture defence.

Discuss :)
    Last edited by Ol'Smoke; 09-17-2005, 10:44 PM.
    Hear ye, of the dragon, Smoke is his name.
    Solely surviving the fires,
    and sad and angry he became.
    Until his angre became dismay,
    as the elders sent him away.

Now we can hear his wings, once a year,
    And, his empty cry we fear.
    Sad old Smoke, out there in the rain,
    We can feel your suffering, we can feel your pain.

Re: Let's talk tactics (Dalian Plant)

*discussing, discussing, discussing* :D

nice stratigies, or you can just send 2 jets in and bomb the hell out of that little island flag and then rush in with tanks. ive found when i played that map as a squad leader (with an extremly helpful squad) tanks were the one thing that was unballanced in that map. we almost all had to be engineers to mine the entances to the flags in order to defend it properly. it also came to my attention that squad leaders arent using the "mine, repair and destroy" commands. everyone in my squad was like "what was that? i didnt know there was that command."

Comment

How would you get on the crane without stealing a helio?

Comment

I agree about the tank part. Too many tanks in that level, respawning tanks will even be used against you a lot of times.

@Loop: There is a ladder there somewhere.
        Last edited by Ol'Smoke; 09-17-2005, 10:45 PM.

Comment

The north dock is actually approachable on the narrow land strip as long as you have armor. Everytime i fight across that land bridge i have an apc/tank rolling slightly in front of the infantry. The infantry can use it as cover, and can also take down enemy at. I havent had this fail once (Well, at least the getting across stage). Its imperative that whoever is driving the armor goes as slow as infantry move, and that both the armor and the infantry help eachother out. This tactic can be used in pretty much any situation, but is especcialy effective in crossing that land bridge.

Comment

That's a nice one. You are not gonna have the surprise factor though.
            In my experience, choosing the right approach route is crucial in this map.

Comment

I disagree with the Southern Warehouse attack. THe warehouse has 2 entrances which obliges the defending SL to split his squad to cover both attacks. That means there is no rear, just 2 weaker fronts. Thus I think the best plan is to have everyone approach from one side in a rapid attack. Doing this will allow you to have IP with the enemy in a 6v3 contest, and as any tactician can inform you fighting a split enemy one after another will lead to their demise

(6v3 -> 4.5v0 || 4.5v3 -> 1.75v0)

The only downside is that once you have made your initial kills you need to be on the enemy very very quickly to deny them a chance to respawn. Splitting your squad in this instance I feel is a mistake, as you have no ability to use a distract and flank method, which is the key to fireteam usage.

Comment

There good ideas i suggest a sniper is placed on the constructions site to defend it and even attack it there is and area overlooking the construction site, the sniper can hide in the rocks on the hill and give cover to attacking and defending troops.

Comment

ya, on fuschi pass i think, i flew an attack chopper up on the hill and landed it there so i could scout for my squad.

Comment

My only comment is on the defense of the south docks. I would have someone (support or spec ops) in the tin shed where the armor spawns laying down in the south east corner. He will provide crossfire on anyone taking the flag and be able to jump in the tank and prevent it from being stolen should it respawn while you're defending.

He will also be watching incase a sneaky someone like me swims around the dock and slips up a ladder. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Wulfyn
                      I disagree with the Southern Warehouse attack. THe warehouse has 2 entrances which obliges the defending SL to split his squad to cover both attacks. That means there is no rear, just 2 weaker fronts. Thus I think the best plan is to have everyone approach from one side in a rapid attack. Doing this will allow you to have IP with the enemy in a 6v3 contest, and as any tactician can inform you fighting a split enemy one after another will lead to their demise

(6v3 -> 4.5v0 || 4.5v3 -> 1.75v0)

The only downside is that once you have made your initial kills you need to be on the enemy very very quickly to deny them a chance to respawn. Splitting your squad in this instance I feel is a mistake, as you have no ability to use a distract and flank method, which is the key to fireteam usage.
                      Team 1 acts as a distraction. Once they died and respawn at the SL (team 2) the whole squad attacks from the other side. So the squad actually will attack as a whole.

The reason for this is that after the attack from team1 the defending squad will probably focus more towards that entrance and the next attack will be from their rear.

However you do have a point that this causes the defending squad to groop up. But I'd rather attack a grooped squad from the rear, then a splintered squad from the front.

Originally posted by Wulfyn
                      THe warehouse has 2 entrances which obliges the defending SL to split his squad to cover both attacks.
                      I dont agree. A smart SL keeps his squad together in the center of the building, with a scout on either side as not to be blind. When attacked from one side he pulls the scout from the other side with him, so effectively he is dividing his squad 5-1 wich is a good trade of for not being blind.
                      Last edited by Ol'Smoke; 09-18-2005, 02:46 PM.

Comment

On the warehouse there's one more entrance, the door on the west side og the building so you could say that it's 2,5 entrances on that position. How about splitting the team up in 2 and attack through the door and the entrance in the south? That way you dont split up your squad that much and they can support each other...

Comment

Veeeeeeeery nice. I'd love to have some kinda community ATC night to make more of these things.

[conduct][volun][drill][sg-c1][tpf-c1]
                          |TG-2nd|munchkin
                          Nec aspera terrent.

Comment

Originally posted by powersmoker
                            Team 1 acts as a distraction. Once they died and respawn at the SL (team 2) the whole squad attacks from the other side. So the squad actually will attack as a whole.

The reason for this is that after the attack from team1 the defending squad will probably focus more towards that entrance and the next attack will be from their rear.
                            I like this idea, especially if your squad is willing to follow orders precisely.

What did you mean by "zodiacs" on the north docks?

I agree with your approach on south docks, but I think attacking it successfully can be complicated. Especially if they've got a SL on top of the crane. The tank they keep at that point can be difficult to deal with since it respawns so quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by powersmoker

However you do have a point that this causes the defending squad to groop up. But I'd rather attack a grooped squad from the rear, then a splintered squad from the front.

I dont agree. A smart SL keeps his squad together in the center of the building, with a scout on either side as not to be blind. When attacked from one side he pulls the scout from the other side with him, so effectively he is dividing his squad 5-1 wich is a good trade of for not being blind.
                              I defended that CP (maintenance building) for an entire round and never lost control of it. It didn't matter what was thrown at us, we fought them off. If I am leading a squad and you let me pick 2 ideal squad members and any 3 random guys who join (giving us 6) we'll hold on to that easily with the attack you propose. I can't tell you what the ideal attack would be, but I had a tight defense that kept 2 attacking squads off us the whole round.

I was the SL and scout for my team (clear away from the building). I was in such a position that I could spot any incoming squads from all but one point, and that point was made up by Xink "making rounds" in his APC. Sorus was with us that round and he grabbed a tank from the south docks and he also patrolled. Both were engineers so they could lay mines at the entrances of the building to stop incoming vehicles. Perry had C4 on the flag and so did I. Anything he missed I'd mop up with mine. I had SausageMakerMan on assault watching towards the west, taking out ground troops as they approached. Tanks couldn't even get near the building with 2 engi's and 2 vehicles. Even if I had only one APC, this would've still worked quite well, I would've had Sorus switch to AT. I can't remember who the 6th man was on the team, but for some reason I think it was James315......Do you remember that James?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X