No announcement yet.

Let's talk tactics (Daquing Oilfields)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's talk tactics (Daquing Oilfields)

Yeeeehaaa!

Hear ye, of the dragon, Smoke is his name.
    Solely surviving the fires,
    and sad and angry he became.
    Until his angre became dismay,
    as the elders sent him away.

Now we can hear his wings, once a year,
    And, his empty cry we fear.
    Sad old Smoke, out there in the rain,
    We can feel your suffering, we can feel your pain.

Re: Let's talk tactics (Daquing Oilfields)

Hey Powersmoker,

How come you don't utilize the vehicles for defense? A lot of the attacks come via tank and chopper.

West Oilfields, I kept getting hammered as pilots and choppers have learned how to hit the AA tank in the garage at range. So I moved it to the upper right garage on the map and not only lived longer but was very dangerous to airborne traffic.

I can understand why you may use infantry to attack, but you need guys on the AA Gun, .50 Cals and a body in the tank at the East Oilfield.

The Gas Station attack is good as long as there is no tank there. If there is, the key is to nuetralize it, put a couple men in through the hole in the northern wall, grab the tank and use it to help clear the flag.

Good work with this as I am analyzing my attack routes to see what I can do better/different.

Lucky Shot

Comment

They are just basic guidelines. I can't cope with all possibilities. They are basic plans. Thinking such strategies out is a great way to learn using the terrain to you're advantage. If you're in a battle its hard to just sit down and look for 15 minutes to figure out the best way to enter a base.

Comment

I would change up this defense.

Move that guy across the road (yellow line), I speak from experience ;). If the flag behind him is in enemy hands, he's going to get killed when they come across the hill (red line) to the flag you're currently at. The enemy probably won't see him if you move him to the other location. He should still have a shot with AT on the flag also.

Comment

Originally posted by powersmoker
          They are just basic guidelines. I can't cope with all possibilities. They are basic plans. Thinking such strategies out is a great way to learn using the terrain to you're advantage. If you're in a battle its hard to just sit down and look for 15 minutes to figure out the best way to enter a base.
          I probably wrote that wrong. It seems every flag on that map calls for demolition of a tank. So on the attack, I have had luck with taking out the tank, then going into the base.

On defense, I am always telling people to man the vehicles, from buggies to tanks to AA guns. All I was trying to suggest is to add them to the defense. I am all for more of this kind of discussion and wasn't trying to discourage you.

Lucky Shot

Comment

I didn't feel offended Lucky, don't worry.

IMO tanks should be used for attacking. One of their advantages, mobility, isn't used when you let them sit in a base, waiting for the attackers.
            Infantry should be used for occupying bases, armor should be the main killer on the battlefield. I believe Deathdealer said that somewhere.

Comment

This is so great. Could we have these maps maybe on the battle wiki?
              If I was an SL I would religiously look up where to put my men. After being in defense under Deveran (before he got all looney) was a great experience. He put one AT each into the gas station and the opposing shed. A guy on the roof aso. It was very effective. Everyone knew what they had to do (kit & position) - very rewarding experience.

Wikis:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battlef..._Modern_Combat
              http://www.tacticalwiki.com/index.ph...2_7th_Infantry (REAL SLOW but probably the best place)

Comment

Originally posted by marstein
                After being in defense under Deveran (before he got all looney) was a great experience.
                Deveran- "ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL la all aiieeeeeee!! ROFL ROFL!"

Comment

Originally posted by powersmoker
                  IMO tanks should be used for attacking. One of their advantages, mobility, isn't used when you let them sit in a base, waiting for the attackers.
                  Infantry should be used for occupying bases, armor should be the main killer on the battlefield. I believe Deathdealer said that somewhere.
                  My feeling is that armor from a given base should be controlled by the squad defending that base. The reason is that it is very helpful to be aware of when the armor is destroyed so that you can be prepared for it to respawn. Also, the armor can be sent out in quiet times on a attack assistance mission, and you never lose track of it.
                  Peace through fear... since 1947!

Comment

I also find that armor and other vehicles arae totally underutilized. Not only do any vehicle guns outmatch any infantry guns they give more mobility. Additionally, the vehicle will take more hits. Once the health of the vehicle is diminished you can hop out and continue from there.

Also, my other $.02.....The below map is a good illustration but it could be applied to more bases as well. Don't just put mines on the flag. Put them more on the perimeter. In the below map place mines on the lower and upper entrances to deter vehicles and kind of funnel them to the larger entrance on the left. The opposite could also be done as it is easier to cover smaller openings. However on this map the left entrance gives a direct fire to the flag. Good ideas though. Good job.

Edit: I just looked at what you did fo rthe West Oilfield base. Yeah, like that!
                    "Umm Deputy these aren't my pants" - Common alarm cry of the North American Crackhead
                    [tg-c1][ma-c1][defense]

Comment

Excellent work powersmoker.

Optimally I'd say the vehicles should be out on attack. I too find them to be useful on defense but I find them to be tough to utilize to their fullest.

Realistically though on pub servers it is better to have your defense squad occupy them lest they get stolen. At which point other offense squads assume they aren't avaliable unfortunately.

I find that base defenses largely manage themselves after they are established without too, too much c&c from the SL. So you'd think they may be able to keep an eye on absense offensive vehicles on the map and coupled with seeing which player took the vehicle and who in the Tab menu is in a vehicle, they should be able to see it when it is destroyed. Never tried it though since like I said realistically my D squads occupy the vehicles.

On offense though I task an engineer to spawn where ever he can find armour and support us. If less D squads took and often under-utilized armor, the offense might have an easier time of it. Vehicles will likely engage any force they encounter enroute to the vehicle spawn anyway. Think of it as an active defense that becomes offensive if it reaches its target without encountering any enemy to defend against. Worst case it gets blown up and respawns in seconds.

It is a waste to have vehicles unengaged at any time when they are so quick to respawn in friendly territory IMHO.
                      Xbox Live Gamertag: TG ABRA
                      live.xbox.com/member/TG ABRA
                      Friend me!

Comment

ITS DAQING OILFIELDS!!!!!!!!

GAH

anyway, sorry that annoys me
                        "The Taoist sage has no ambitions, therefore he can never fail. He who never fails always succeeds. And he who always succeeds is all- powerful." -- Lao Tzu

ingame name: Zuiquan1

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X