Map Modes for Commander

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Map Modes for Commander

Thought I would toss this out to the group. There are three different sets of "Zoom" you can put on a map as a commander. I find I only use 2 of them. The Macro (Zoomed all the way out) and the Micro (Zoomed all the way in) and never use the middle.

The Macro is where I move the squads around, scan and spot, select my UAV positions.

I generally will go into Micro mode when I get feedback from a squad about heavy attack, for good placement of a supply crate for a defending squad, when a squad is initially assualting a flag (drop supplies if they are outside radius for them to use), to Spot people on the ground for the attacking squad if its an important flag.

So 2 questions...

How do you use the Map Modes?
    How much time do you spend in the modes?

Thanks,

Lucky Shot

Re: Map Modes for Commander

Stupid question: How do you even zoom in and out? I see the scale meter in the window but can't find the magic button to make it work.
    In game handle: Steel Scion
    sigpic

Comment

Right click - > Zoom
      or
      Mouse wheel up/down

Comment

On my keyboard, hit N. Works with the Mini Map too if your a grunt.

Lucky Shot

Comment

Im trying to use my air squads more effectivly and it seems its easier to zoom up on armor to the micro level and then give the order. Its also nice if your going to use your arty because you can zoom up and make an educated guess on if the enemys are moving or where they will be soon.

The medium mode i pretty much only use if i can still see the entire map. I think this only works in sharqi?

Macro mode is of course best for strategy, squad placement, and pretty much everything else a CO does.

Comment

This is as good of a place as any to place this thought.

I wish that in the commander screen, on top of it showing you the squad number, would give you the squad name. That way I wouldn't forget who the jet squad is, or which squad is the Assets squad.

Is there a better way than writing it down at the beginning?

Lucky Shot

Comment

Originally posted by Lucky Shot
              Is there a better way than writing it down at the beginning?
              You can hold 'Tab' at any time and go to the squad view to see the squad names and membership.

Comment

I must not have my keyboard set up the right way (Will verify tomorrow), but I thought when you were commander, Caps Lock brings up your Commander mode and Tab brought up the leader board. I didn't think it brought up the squad screen. I guess I will have to do some research.

Lucky Shot

Comment

theres a squad screen within the leaderboard. Right click on the leadboard to use your mouse, and then click on "squads".

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X