Question for veteran Assault+Support role

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for veteran Assault+Support role

I've been playing these 2 classes frequently as of late and was wondering how the body armor system for these kits works.

Re: Question for veteran Assault+Support role

i have no clue? i play assault alot but i dont really notice that much of a diffrence in the armor protection between both of them and the other kits. i might live 1 hit longer but that dosent do very much at all for me if im in a fight with an assault or AT guy. im guessing that the hitboxes for the chest take off 5 damage or so for every hit to the chest. i dont know how the damage system works but it has to be some code in the hitboxes. i cant really help any more than that, sorry :(.

Comment

I dont know exactly how its used, but i bet you just take off less damage if your hit in the armor spots? I definatly notice im alive MUCH more often with a body armor kit then a non body armor kit. When im assault, those few extra bars i wouldnt have seem to pay off, where when im spec ops i seem to die much more easily.

Comment

What Ive noticed Ultra is the body armor for Support goes on easily with velcro while Assault still uses the outdated snaps that rub me raw in places.

Comment

I believe it is roughly a 33% reduction in dmg per shot.. VS a body armor class.

Example:

M16 dmg = 30 - 33% = roughly 20 dmg per shot
          5 x 20 = 100
          The above is what I usually experience VS armored foot soldiers when shot in center mass.

Of course other modifiers will come into play..ie headshots etc etc.

This is just my observations though....

G3 ftw! :)
          Last edited by [USEF]Kicker; 10-01-2005, 11:48 PM.

Comment

Maybe penetration also has something to do with it?
            That bullets that have little penetration (pistol shots) do even less damage, so a pistol would do -50%, where as the M16 would only lose 33%?

BF2 Name: Thez(NL)
            BF2142 Names:
            Thierry(NL) (Sniper)
            Dikkiedik(NL) (Assault)
            Kittekat(NL) (Engineer)
            Dimi(NL) (Support)

Comment

One way to find out is during 7th practice, if you are willing to be on the receiving end.

18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

Comment

Another question is how does this interface with the ray-based explosion damage?
                Xbox Live Gamertag: TG ABRA
                live.xbox.com/member/TG ABRA
                Friend me!

Comment

I was under the impression (thanks to the Prima guide) that "body armor" reduced damage to the torso (body) by 33%. It did nothing for head shots or damage to one's extemities. This makes sense since most people aim for the torso. Experienced players aim for the head and take more controled shots, but this works out roughly the same though thanks to "cones of fire." ie- A half-dozen shots to the chest is the same as 6 shots aimed at the head where only 2 hit.

Comment

Since we're talking about the Support guys, I have a question, how do you guys aim with the LMGs? For me, it's just putting the ironsight on the target and spray until the heat bar reaches the top. But I have not found this satisfying 'cause it's usually a 50/50 chance of dying or killing. Sometimes, miracles might happen and the enemy is dead. But there are also other times when I would put the crosshair on him, fire 40-50 rounds, and he just popped my head off with some well-aimed shot from his ak or m16. This is very frustrating and irritating for me and I have experienced it many times already. So I just wanna ask those veterans out there like Bubba and the other guys how do you guys aim?

BTW, what do you consider the best LMG in the game? For me, it's the RPK. It packs a punch and is fairly accurate, for most of the time. So, what's your opinion?
                    "Every man dies, not every man really lives"- William Wallace

Comment

Originally posted by aznboy91
                      Since we're talking about the Support guys, I have a question, how do you guys aim with the LMGs? For me, it's just putting the ironsight on the target and spray until the heat bar reaches the top. But I have not found this satisfying 'cause it's usually a 50/50 chance of dying or killing. Sometimes, miracles might happen and the enemy is dead. But there are also other times when I would put the crosshair on him, fire 40-50 rounds, and he just popped my head off with some well-aimed shot from his ak or m16. This is very frustrating and irritating for me and I have experienced it many times already. So I just wanna ask those veterans out there like Bubba and the other guys how do you guys aim?

BTW, what do you consider the best LMG in the game? For me, it's the RPK. It packs a punch and is fairly accurate, for most of the time. So, what's your opinion?

I find that the one that has the round sight with the notch is the one I am most accurate with. I do tend to zoom in, but I can hit a guy with the crosshairs sometimes easier than with some of the other sights.

I tend to spam bullets until one or the other is dead, but I don't move once I start shooting as the crosshairs get wider quicker. You will get your fair share of deaths from Assault sniping, but if you get the jump on them you should be able to bring them down. I figure against infantry, I am somewhere between 1.25-1.5 kills per every death and sometimes as high as 2-1 if I play my game right.

Beyond the ability to spam bullets, I like the unending supply of grenades to clear an area. Karkand with it's multi-levels is perfect for that.

Lucky Shot

Comment

Wouldnt it be cool if you could hold just your gun out to the side of the building and shoot.

Comment

No. You'd never hit anything at all.

As for the support machineguns, I use them like I use any other gun, except instead of 3 round bursts I go for about 9 round bursts.

Comment

^^^ What he said. Avoid shooting while standing at all costs. I do fairly well with crouching while on the move, but always go prone if you have time to set up. I very between short 5-10 round bursts and just laying on the trigger. Bursts for longer range, mash it up close. If you think you have them low enough, wip out the pistol for that accurate killing shot.

You have an unlimited supply of grenades, use them. Your grenade use with the other kits will benifit greatly from it.

Comment

In the Marine Corps (The Army prly has the same one) the phrase "Die MotherFer Die" is used to time how long you hold the trigger down on the saw. For me the support role is kind of an enigma sometimes. Sometimes I will have rounds were everyone I shoot at dies but then other rounds I cant hit a thing. I think the support guns should be either more powerful or a bit more accurate, I've shot it in real life and its a pretty accurate gun, and I hadn't even been trained. So think what a trained sawman can do. I would prefer more powerful since you cant even stop jeeps...even shooting the driver through the windshield. Just my two cents.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X