Same-team stealing of defensive vehicles

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Same-team stealing of defensive vehicles

For the umpteenth time I've placed a jeep at a good location at a control point my squad is defending, then manned the vehicle's main gun and waited for the enemy.

A minute later someone on my team but from a different squad runs up, gets in and drives off with me still on the gun. I jump out, walk back and hope another vehicle spawns.

This is really annoying me.

Ideally, we'd have a server mod that would allow me to temporarily lock-out driver controls when I'm the sole occupant of a vehicle in a non-driver position, ie the gun position.

In the absence of such a mod, I'd like to propose that we be able to team-kill the hijacker if possible. I'm serious. I'm sure there are all sorts of pros and cons to this, so I'd like to get some feedback on this.

Re: Same-team stealing of defensive vehicles

Why not simply inform the driver that the vehicle has been taken by your squad?

Comment

Originally posted by trent_208
      In the absence of such a mod, I'd like to propose that we be able to team-kill the hijacker if possible. I'm serious. I'm sure there are all sorts of pros and cons to this, so I'd like to get some feedback on this.
      Absolutely not. The proper thing to do is to use your chain of command: tell your SL what happened (including the name and squad of the hijacker), he should tell the commander, the commander should tell the hijacker's SL to explain that it's not allowed on our servers. If they guy mouths off or does it again, contact an admin to ban the guy for not being a teamplayer.
      Become a supporting member!
      Buy a Tactical Duck!
      Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
      TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

For the umpteenth time I've placed a jeep at a good location at a control point my squad is defending, then manned the vehicle's main gun and waited for the enemy.

A minute later someone on my team but from a different squad runs up, gets in and drives off with me still on the gun. I jump out, walk back and hope another vehicle spawns.

This is really annoying me.

Ideally, we'd have a server mod that would allow me to temporarily lock-out driver controls when I'm the sole occupant of a vehicle in a non-driver position, ie the gun position.

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/showthread.php?t=59307

I feel your pain man....I've been victimized this TWICE. Tell an admin, we'll take care of them.

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality
          Absolutely not. The proper thing to do is to use your chain of command: tell your SL what happened (including the name and squad of the hijacker), he should tell the commander, the commander should tell the hijacker's SL to explain that it's not allowed on our servers. If they guy mouths off or does it again, contact an admin to ban the guy for not being a teamplayer.
          OK, so can I assume that this kind of same-team vehicular hijacking is officially against the TG rules of play?

Comment

OK, so can I assume that this kind of same-team vehicular hijacking is officially against the TG rules of play?
            It is if he's ordered not to do it and then he does it again!

You may find our rules HERE.
            Buy a Tactical Duck!
            Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."

Comment

Solution: turn around, bum facing the driver's seat, and fart AS HARD AS YOU CAN.I guarantee you the driver will get out. :D

---

Comment

There's got to be a better way than going through the chain of command. It involves too many people to relay the message/order plus you have to figure out the hijacker's squad.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Originally posted by =Sarc=
                  There's got to be a better way than going through the chain of command. It involves too many people to relay the message/order plus you have to figure out the hijacker's squad.
                  It's the only way I see to do it fairly. How do you know that the hijacker wasn't ordered by the commander via the SL, to get somewhere ASAP and he doesn't care what vehicle he has to take to do it? Granted, this is unlikely, but we have a chain of command for a reason, and we have our current rules for a reason.

What do you propose?
                  Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

I think it might be best to try and communicate directly with the hijacker. VOIP isn't possible but the 'bail out' message might work.

Comment

Happily enough this almost never happens to me on a Tactical Gamer server. On other servers it's practically impossible to avoid it, but on TG I leave someone alone if they're manning a .50 cal, and people do the same for me.

Comment

You have to realize that sometimes people need vehicles other than you. It is also very un-teamplay-like to hog a vehicle for just yourself. If a squad needs to get to a point ASAP they need those vehicles instead of walking. If you get out you're just a weaker gun but also a smaller target.
                        [age-c1] [gchq-c1] [air2] [tog-c1][tpf-c1]
                        [tg-c1]<victory

Comment

Originally posted by Mishkan
                          You have to realize that sometimes people need vehicles other than you. It is also very un-teamplay-like to hog a vehicle for just yourself. If a squad needs to get to a point ASAP they need those vehicles instead of walking. If you get out you're just a weaker gun but also a smaller target.
                          Jeeps are much better than AA emplacements though. It makes complete sense to use one for defense.

Comment

Originally posted by Mishkan
                            Well, who decides who needs it more?

It should be first come first server. If someone is in the gunners seat, nobody else should drive off with the vehicle.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Originally posted by =Sarc=
                              Jeeps are much better than AA emplacements though. It makes complete sense to use one for defense.
                              No way. I usually shoot down a dozen people using the AA missiles every round that I play any amount of AA defense. Do you do the same with an MG?
                              Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X