Nade launcher tips

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nade launcher tips

ive been playing in single player a bit and been gettin pretty good at using the assault greanade launcher and i was wonderin if there is any tips that you have so that i can further kik ass with the nade launcher. my proficiency so far is able to hit a buggy on the bonnet almost evry time. playing on Strike at Karkand i can destroy a incoming buggy from the botton MEC spawn point in a few perfectly shot nades. ive pretty much mastered the crosshair and estimateing wat angle i need to shoot from. any tips would be apreciated.

Re: Nade launcher tips

Your asking for tips when you say you have mastered it? Bit of a oxy-moron there mate. Since you know how to aim+hit things only tips I can offer is WHEN to use the nade launcher.

Perfect "dropshots", its a pain when someone (a sniper + his claymore) are on a roof, and you have no throwable grenades so you have to do a up and down shot. Plus on high buildings like the hotels on Karkland only Assaults grenades will reach the roof.

Don't try using them if you are below your target, you would need a direct hit as hitting the ground right under them is practically impossible, use your gun if you arn't above/level with your target.

Remember to keep your gun loaded and on full auto before going to grenade, when taking point and building clearing I use a grenade to clean the inside room then switch to bullets and continue through the building. Occationally my gun will be on singleshot which is a pain when up close, "bang......ah c**p singlefire".

If you see lots of targets (a whole squad), try and use bullets first and take out the SL, garenteed the first person to run to him will be a Medic then take out your nade launcher, if the medic gets to the SL in time to revive him both will be killed by the nade. If you had used your nade launcher to kill the SL then you have a harder time killing both medic+revived SL with bullets.

Comment

i own with the nade launcher gut i was looking to expand my skill
      swith the nade launcher.

some good tips but with this...
      Originally posted by Preston85
      Occationally my gun will be on singleshot which is a pain when up close, "bang......ah c**p singlefire".
      correct me if im wrong but, i thought the assault weapons were burst/full auto?

Comment

AK's are singleshot or full auto.

M16A2 is singlesshot or 3 burst

Re-select the rifle when you already have it selected to change rate of fire.

Comment

yeh i know how 2 change fire mode, i just dont use the AKs much

Comment

Originally posted by ES_Destroyer
            i own with the nade launcher gut i was looking to expand my skill
            swith the nade launcher.
            ?
            just start jumping around with it erratically, everyone here loves that technique.

Comment

I agree with Preston. The nade launcher truly is the bane of the medic's existence.
              Xbox Live Gamertag: TG ABRA
              live.xbox.com/member/TG ABRA
              Friend me!

Comment

My list of proper and inproper use. (inproper is also total noob action)

Proper:
                Getting cars, the M203 owns all cars! Just get a good aim and fire and WHAM, its dead.
                Against APC's, whilst not as effective against cars, it can force the guy in the APC to move elsewhere
                Getting someone up high, gettin a sniper in a tower or somewhere in a corner killing people works good too.
                Against choppers! Believe it or not, they work miracles against them, since nearly all chopper pilots fly over low, its just a bit of good aiming and viola!

Inproper:
                Using it instead of your rifle, I have seen this so many times it drives me crazy, if find yourself in close combat and he misses, he wont even try to use his rifle! Means death! Also, I find it cheap to use this thing on close combat and jumping and then firing on the ground, but thats an OPINION people.
                In large groups, how many times are you in very close combat with an enemy, only to get noobtubed by a friendly? Using them in this case is bad.
                Killing yourself, the utmust in total noobing, firing directly on your own feet, killing you and your opponent. If I was an admin and I se a guy constantly doing this I would kick him. These are also the type of guys who barely use their rifle at all....

BF2 Name: Thez(NL)
                BF2142 Names:
                Thierry(NL) (Sniper)
                Dikkiedik(NL) (Assault)
                Kittekat(NL) (Engineer)
                Dimi(NL) (Support)

Comment

To add to the Proper use:

+ When you run out of ammo in your assault rifle AND your pistol (believe me..it happens a lot for me..and USE your pistol..it CAN hit a good distance if aimed).
                  + Clearing corners that you know that your a good distance away and that there may be someone around that corner.
                  + Shooting inside windows.

You can use it real effectively if you have a support and are a good aim at a far distance. Sharqi is a real good map to use it imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Preston85
                    Your asking for tips when you say you have mastered it?
                    i said i have mastered the crosshair and getting the right angle.

Comment

If an attack helo is flying low you can hit the underbelly of the cockpit with the grenade launcher and the pilot will die but the chopper will not explode. Frequently, the pilotless chopper will land on the ground and you can jump in it (if it was flying low enough to begin with).

If you are aiming for infantry that is standing against a wall you don't need to worry very much about distance. You can just hit the wall at any hieght near the target and you'll usually get a kill.

Comment

I've tried to figure out that silly crosshair... without any success...
                        I don't buy those "I own nade launcher, I can hit everything" stories. If it's all to the feeling, than you're not better than me or anybody else. If you can use crosshair and hit a jeep from like 100m - every time with the first granade - than please share your skill with us.

I'm a pretty good infantry player, really... my KDR varies from 2-5, support class, SL. last time it was 22-2 on Gulf of Oman MEC... it's not a big deal, but it's not easy either - I'm just saying I'm pretty far away from noob or something like that... like, I know what I'm talking about... or something...
                        Every crosshair in real life is made to insure a perfect hit when used by a trained person. In BF (1942, Vietnam, BF2) it's just a makeover, nothing else. Still, some people managed to find a way to use those silly things.
                        If you really have, tell us how.
                        If not, you're just saying "Well, you don't know it, and there is no way I can prove it, but I'm thee greatest nade playa in BF2! :D "

Comment

the nade crosshair...
                          ____
                          |_ _|
                          |_ _|
                          |_ _|
                          |_ _|
                          | |

ive found that the crosshair is mostly estimating the distance from the target. getting pro at this takes alot of practice so i recomend some time in SP to get some practice. after using the nade launcher alot you get to know what distance is for which notch on the crosshair. also before firing you need to take into acount the travel time for the nade itself, the slope/incline of the terrain and the movement of the vehicle/unit/whatever.

the steps for great shots are
                          1) take a good look at your target, is there any infantry nearby that may kill you while you shoot?
                          1.5) kill any infantry (if any)
                          2) take aim taking into account all mentioned above^^^.
                          3) fire
                          4) check where your shot landed
                          5) take cover & reload

the key to mastering anything is practice. from alot of practice i can get a perfect hit 50% of the time in exactly where i wanted to hit and a miss about 10% of the time.

Comment

ive found that the crosshair is mostly estimating the distance from the target.
                            no, really?

I hate that crosshair since it does not make any sence... there was a cute one in Joint Ops... ;) If only they contact me and ask me to help them (DICE) when making crosshairs...
                            Last edited by mare_cccp; 10-09-2005, 07:50 AM.

Comment

im not good at estimating actual distances or anything but id say that each notch on the crosshair is about 10m of firing distance so if you wanna hit something 50m away aim the 5th line at the target.

(id put a screenshot 2 show what i mean but i dont know how to put them in)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X