Profesional Helicopter Pilot....Crappy airplane pilot

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Profesional Helicopter Pilot....Crappy airplane pilot

Ok so I am a profesional helicopter pilot, in real life and in battlefield 2...right now I fly the apache in Iraq, but now i am home and playin battlefield 2 and i have a heck of a time flyin the airplanes....cant seem to control the speed well so i am always crashin into building when i go for a land v ground attack...ne help would be most appreciated...

Its an embarasement my son can play better than i can

Re: Profesional Helicopter Pilot....Crappy airplane pilot

I'm sorry I can't help you with your flying but I'd just like to welcome you to TG. WELCOME. Enjoy your stay sir, I'm sure you will.

Comment

Welcome to TG. There alot of members here that will help you out.

If you have not already done so, please read the BF2 rules, announcments and SOP's. See my sig for the links. Thanks

18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

Comment

Do you use a joystick or keyboard, or mouse, or any combo of the above? The flight dynamics of BF2 are not so realistic that you lose a lot of airspeed in manouevres, but get that throttle working. The kinda almost anti-intuitive thing is that you pull tighter turns the faster you are going. A few times I have recovered from a dangerously low/tight turn by hitting the afterburner.

When fighting try to get used to going as slowly as you can without regularly getting shot down, and cruise at this speed. Use your afterburner to get out of trouble.

Comment

ironically in order to not crash to the ground while bombing, speed is the key. Fire the afterburners whenever youre turning or going up/down. I pretty much keep the throttle at max 99% of the time I fly a plane and I use the afterburner a lot.

For bombing ground targets precisely just get a whole lot of altitude before you reach your target area then go almost 90 degrees towards the ground and both your bombs will hit where your crosshair is. It's jsut kind of dangerous at first cause if you dont pull up at the right moment you hit the crosshair area with your plane as well :p

Comment

Firstly welcome home and secondly welcome to TG.

Keep your speed up, and plan ahead, if you are going to be bombing/strafing a ground target then get to the required altitude, reducing speed as you do that, then attack your target, half way through the attack run go to full speed, by the time the plane speeds up you should of destroyed the target or released your bombs, you can then pull up with enough velocity to menouver away.

When attacking ground units I find flying at 150 to 250 feet then diving around 45 degrees at the target, this should leave you enough time to pull up. As stated earlier 90 degrees garentees the bombs will hit where your aiming but is just over kill, no more than 60degrees should be needed to hit the target.

If using guns then dive directly at the target, if you are bombing then you want the target a little bit lower than your gun sight (1cm to 1 inch depending on angle). Due to the dive the bombs are already on a downward trijectory and fan out less so are more likely to hit the target and destroy it than a level/horizontal bombing run which is harder to accuratly hit but is good for bombing cluster style.

I would advise practicing in singleplayer, operation clean sweep. You don't have to worry about the enemy bomber too much (though you can get some air to air combat practice) which leaves you to practice bombing/strafing runs.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Thanks a lot to everyone who replied, later today I am going to try out these techniques. Hopefully by the end of the day I will be better than my son. If anyone else has any other hints or tips feel free to post them here. Thanks again.

Comment

We could always arrange for your son to have a bad day. Get him on the server and let us know who he is. :D
                Peace through fear... since 1947!

Comment

Hey

I'm a new member in Tactical Gamers but I'm sooooo very farmiliar with BF2. i could help you out a little bit cause i have my expert plane badge but i can't say i can make you pro. The way to get good is go into a Operation Clean Sweep multiplayer server and fly. change to bomb drop and get your kills up byy blowing up enemy vehicles. i get about 150 kills everygame in a 64 player server doing that.

So go ahead and get flying.
                  Thanks for reading neways.

Comment

just keep practicing...

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse