Nade launching legitimate tactic?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nade launching legitimate tactic?

I'm talkin about people standing RIGHT next to you, jumping, then shooting a nade at you, insta kill for them. I think it's completely lame and should be viewed as bunnyhopping is.

Re: Nade launching legitimate tactic?

Originally posted by Eggplant999
    I'm talkin about people standing RIGHT next to you, jumping, then shooting a nade at you, insta kill for them. I think it's completely lame and should be viewed as bunnyhopping is.
    i just take it the same way as the AT guy who cant shoot you straight with a regular weapon who has to shoot his ERYX at you.
    Long Live the 2nd BCT and 1st MIP

Comment

Originally posted by Jusb
      i just take it the same way as the AT guy who cant shoot you straight with a regular weapon who has to shoot his ERYX at you.
      Yeah I gotta admit at close ranges it's a cheap tactic, but IMHO it's fair at medium to long distances since that AT's submachine gun is a bit ... crappy.

TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran

Comment

The AT machine gun is pure crap.

Please keep in mind that sometimes the other player will have his 203 out and that is the only available weapon when he comes around the corner and there you are.
        "Umm Deputy these aren't my pants" - Common alarm cry of the North American Crackhead
        [tg-c1][ma-c1][defense]

Comment

The people that miss with their first grenade, but then reload instead of switching to their rifle really piss me off. In most games, at least 1/3 of my deaths are from CQB grenade launchers. I wish they'd give them a minimum distance before arming.

Comment

Originally posted by Pickle
            The AT machine gun is pure crap.

Please keep in mind that sometimes the other player will have his 203 out and that is the only available weapon when he comes around the corner and there you are.

pickle i think i might have not made what i was trying to say clear

i'm talkin about when they are right on top of you, they jump, and then shoot the nade at the ground, and you die but not them

Comment

Okay. regardless of weapon....sounds like a bunny hop to me
              "Umm Deputy these aren't my pants" - Common alarm cry of the North American Crackhead
              [tg-c1][ma-c1][defense]

Comment

Originally posted by Jusb
                I don't agree. For one thing the eryx gunner wouldn't jump because he would hit crap with that kind of movement. No bunny hop here.

And if I see a person lying on the ground in middle-far distance I will use my eryx to shoot him. Especially if he is a sniper because I won't out-shoot him with my pistol or SMG.

And as mentioned above it sometimes happens that you run around a corner after a vehicle and what you get is enemy infantry.

[defense]

Comment

I don't get as PO'ed if that's what they had out at the time. If i see it more than once at close range or if that miss and start reloading the thing i get a little less understanding. I don't really mind the use of the Eryx at medium/medium-short range because that gun has about the range of a shotgun. At medium/long with the SMG you'd be better off throwing stuffed bunnies at your target.

BTW, jumping and then launching the nade is bunnyhopping IMO.
                  Last edited by Steel_Penguin; 11-05-2005, 06:08 AM.

---

Comment

If they miss and dont even TRY to switch to another weapon....thats just cheap, so is using it a foots distance, I rather die then bunnyhop noobtube the whole time, I got a rifle and I intend to use it.
                    As for the ERYX, if a guy is sniping me, or someone far away prone in a corner is trying to kill me, I'll try to use my pistol, unless I got no other choice. I make exceptions for snipers.

BF2 Name: Thez(NL)
                    BF2142 Names:
                    Thierry(NL) (Sniper)
                    Dikkiedik(NL) (Assault)
                    Kittekat(NL) (Engineer)
                    Dimi(NL) (Support)

Comment

i hadn't played the assault kit in ages until my SL Jaymind had me start out with the kit on Sharqi Friday night (11/04/05). we were MEC and started capping the western flags with relative ease until we reached the Surveillance Post. we capped it and then formed a defensive line facing south (towards Hotel). medics and supports did their jobs and dropped medpacs and ammo bags along the first wall south of the Surveillance Post. i felt a twinge of guilt just popping grenade after grenade onto the squads that tried to fight their way out of the hotel. all the assault kits around me were doing the same, and it was brutal. sure the occasional guy made it through "no mans land", but we'd certainly switch to our rifles and mow him down once he reached our line.

Jaymind had me switch to medic so who knows how long i would have been able to maintain that bombardment. it's a valid, if not infuriating (on the receiving end), tactic. if we were to make coccentric circles for each kit and their ability to "reach out and touch" someone, snipers and AT would be the largest circles, and engineers the smallest. Assault class owns the middle circle, OWNS it. that being said, the occasional CQB grenade launch is not out of bounds, but you'll never become proficient at the assault kit without also mastering the rifle and pistol.

yes, i said pistol.

and ultimately, i don't think anyone just wandering onto the server for the first time is going to enjoy their stay here if the only weapon they are familiar with is the t00b. to play successfully here they'll either be forced to try new things and adapt, or else they'll decide to move on to a new server. unless they're one of those weirdos that like standing with their backs to the "action" and just face the dark corner where guys spawn and launch a 'nade in their face as they "come to". those individuals tend to stick out like sore thumbs...six man squad....three of them on the flag trying to turn it. the SL and his medic are off "hiding" in case there's C4 on the flag. and then there's the sixth fellow who looks like he's taking a leak in corner with his t00b in his hands...

Comment

I suck at the m203, but have been playing with it the last few days. That said, what is confusing to me are those who act as if the m203 is unrealistically important, as far as how much its used. Having been assigned it in real life units, its a pretty important part of an infantry squad, and if real life wars were anything like bf2, you can bet you're gonna have to deal with it. Only thing is, in real life the blast radius is larger, so it is more devestating. Its also used in conjunction with other squadmembers (the vision of the "tuber" hiding in the back while others take the flag isn't a bad idea, as they can put down suppressing exploisions if a counterassault forms from a condensed area.

This all said, what I have found from playing around with it the last few days, is that alot of times you forget its even on the 203, so when you go running aorund a corner and pull the trigger, it blows up everything. Trying to switch back is a good idea, but a lot of the time, at least for an awkward guy on the keyboard like me, by the time I switch weapons, and then it gets the rifle up and ready to shoot, it can take just as long as waiting for a reload. Most of the times, I try to switch and hit the 1 key by mistake and end up dying with a knife in my hand (which isn't a bad way to die, per se)

I also get a kick out of those who theink the AT weapon somehow is sinning against itself if used against personnel. I don't know about modern at weapons, but I can assure you, back int he day we had "law"s, and, while it not be the most effective, if you have an enemy in a good defensive position, there's notihng like a high explosive going off nearby to concuss them. In fact a lot of people would tell you the law was more useful in that role, since it would have a hard tme doing anything against a modern soviet tank at the time.
                        |TG|Schemer
                        96th Assault Group

Comment

I don't think a single jump is bunnyhopping, I think it has to be repeat jumping. Thus, although not exactly "hororable", it is a "legitimate" tactic.

Comment

Originally posted by FPS_Douglas
                            I don't think a single jump is bunnyhopping, I think it has to be repeat jumping. Thus, although not exactly "hororable", it is a "legitimate" tactic.
                            Hopping whether once or continually to avoid being shot is against the rules.
                            |TG-12th| asch
                            sigpic

Comment

Looks like the definition has been changed and no longer includes the word "repeatedly".

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X