TOG Campaign 1 Tactics: Sharqi

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TOG Campaign 1 Tactics: Sharqi

Ill be commanding the last match Sharqi, as opfor. Bommando will be posting the ATC map image of the plan soon.

The basic overall plan is to take the west fast with an armor squad and an infantry squad. This will stop ticket bleed quickly. At the same time, we will have 2 squads attacking the hotel, and 1 squad attacking the north point. Once those 3 bases are under our control, we will send 1-2 squads to the construction site and thus surround the west-center base. We will not take the center base, but rather send small fireteams in, send the chopper in, shell them with armor from the west, and drop arty on them. We also will not advance on the TV station unless they leave it completly undefended. Reason for this is that we will lose far too many tickets trying to take it. Its really only worth it if hardly anyone is defending it.

Each squad leader picks squad lay out, but i suggest 2 medics unless it detracts from the squads firepower too much. Also, look at the map to see which squads you are working with at the beginning. I think TS would be nice for these squad leaders to talk to eachother in.

Squads:

1)Squad leader: Wulfyn
    Squad members: Sabre Six, Strikefear, Apophis, RicoNoSuave, Yermom
    Initial orders: You will control the APC and the tank the entire round. First attack the west base, and then hold, keeping the enemy pinned down to the east. You will be supported by an infantry squad (squad 5) that consists of 5 members. I will give you supply drops first for the armor.

2) Squad leader: Bommando
    Squad members: Bubba, DigitalAssasin, Jayhawk, Jaymind, Friedfish
    Initial orders: Spawn north, take 2 jeeps over the mountain (You can traverse the mountain on vodniks easily), and take the north point. Speed and surprise will benefit you, as well as the 2 50 cals.

3)Squad leader: Trooper
    Squad members: Redleg, Shiner, Burble, Nox, Ultrablue
    Initial Orders: Grab both vodniks at south and bring them up the road to the west of the hotel. You will then push onto the hotel itself, being supported by squad 4 to the east.

4)Squad leader: SassyOne
    Squad members: Jepzilla, Drunknsoul, Duke, Marstein, Amosely
    Initial Orders: Take a boat up east of the hotel. Then advance on the hotel from the east, being supported by squad 3 on the west.

5)Squad leader: Icky
    Squad members: Perry, Mishkan, Neophreak, Dr Jones
    Initial Orders: Note that you are a 5 man squad. At first you will be infantry support for squad 1, the armor squad. Once the west base is taken, you will proceed to help 2 in attack or defense, depending on the situation.

6)Attack chopper: Stupidawesome, OriginalBlankMan. I dont care who flys or who guns, but initially i want you taking out vodniks/aa on the hotel. Engage their choppers and i will send you to the most heavily concentrated enemy forces. One of you at least be engineer so that you can hover over assets to repair if needed.

Extra notes: If you are uncomfortable squad leading, please say so and ill switch it around. For instance, in squad 4 and 5 im unsure who would want to squad lead. Also, this plan is for an ideal situation. If something goes wrong, or we cant get a base for whatever reason, it will be very easy to adapt due to the map and the fact that we are TG afterall ;).

Re: TOG Campaign 1 Tactics: Sharqi

Here my simple drawings:

The PNG file for "load tactic" is here

Hope that helps.

So we are totally bypassing the middle flag and the construction site and the TV site.

EDIT: updated the map - the TV station (and the other two 'mid' flags) are not in the immediate plan
    Last edited by marstein; 10-06-2005, 10:32 AM. Reason: fix map

Comment

Nice work Santa and marstein!

Comment

Well, some of thats right. I wont attempt to go to the tv station, and i wont go to the construction site first thing. That plan up there just seems too ambitious, especcialy for an initial plan. I just want everyone to know what theyre doing first and what were trying to accomplish overall. Just wait for bommando to post the ATC image of the plan and i dont think there will be any confusion. (id post it but thats complicated...)

Comment

Sorry - I notice that I mixed up the TV station with the hotel - will correct.

BTW: I think that ATC would be better if it worked like a set of visio elements. It is not easy to find the right tools having to switch the tool palettes constantly and editing is bitmap editing. Moan.

Comment

I'd suggest you specify some sort of synchronization plan for 3 and 4 so they hit the hotel simultaneously.

Will you coordinate that, Santa? (Will you be too busy?)
            Or should squads 3 and 4 watch each other on the map, and as soon as they are both in some pre-defined position, they move?
            If either has to sit still too long, they're artillery bait.

The main counter to the enemy-controlled tank which spawns at the TV station will be OUR tank - in squad 1. But it seems unlikely we can keep it alive in a position far east enough to engage their tank. Thoughts?
            "You live and learn. Or you don't live long."
            - Lazarus Long

Comment

Originally posted by Bommando
              Marstein saved me the trouble ;)
              Yes, but Santa says he didn't get it quite right.

Can someone post accurate strategic data, pls?
              "You live and learn. Or you don't live long."
              - Lazarus Long

Comment

It's already fixed... I am on west coast time here (rolls eyes)

Comment

the revised map is essentialy what i was going for. North, south, and west points first. From there ill decide where to put squads depending on the situation. In response to strikefears question, i think i can coordinate that. You dont neccesarily need to be moving in on the flag at the same time, but rather one squad could gain the attention of the enemy while the other squad moves in. The call for which squad (or both) to move in will be made at the time, dependant on how the enemy is set up.

I cant edit my first post, so here are 2 revised squads upon request in a PM. Changes in bold. These changes are keeping the divisions together more

3)Squad leader: Trooper
                  Squad members: Redleg, Yermom , Burble, Nox, Ultrablue (Shiner apparently had to bow out)

1)Squad leader: Wulfyn
                  Squad members: Sabre Six, Strikefear, Apophis, RicoNoSuave, MuzzleVelocity

Comment

Originally posted by StrikeFear
                    The main counter to the enemy-controlled tank which spawns at the TV station will be OUR tank - in squad 1. But it seems unlikely we can keep it alive in a position far east enough to engage their tank. Thoughts?
                    I suggest giving control of the tank to squad 2 or squad 5 once squad 1 no longer needs it. (OR just give it to squad 5 from the start) They can keep the tank on the far north road and take distant potshots at the enemy tank trying to roll out from the tvstation. The tank can peek around the corner on the N-S road by construction and take out any vehicles moving out. Combined with an engineer and/or a supply crate, the setup is $$. :)
                    Peace through fear... since 1947!

Comment

Originally posted by icky
                      I suggest giving control of the tank to squad 2 or squad 5 once squad 1 no longer needs it. (OR just give it to squad 5 from the start) They can keep the tank on the far north road and take distant potshots at the enemy tank trying to roll out from the tvstation. The tank can peek around the corner on the N-S road by construction and take out any vehicles moving out. Combined with an engineer and/or a supply crate, the setup is $$. :)
                      That sounds good, ill have squad 5 hold the tank the whole round. But we have a starting plan, most of what were talking about now is decided as the game progresses.

Comment

well that completely nerfs my plans...!

can I get clarification on what exactly is required of squad 1 beyond the first flag? I assumed that we were going to be acting as a rapid response unit, but with the armour split I am a little confused as to our role.

Comment

Originally posted by Wulfyn
                          well that completely nerfs my plans...!

can I get clarification on what exactly is required of squad 1 beyond the first flag? I assumed that we were going to be acting as a rapid response unit, but with the armour split I am a little confused as to our role.

One youll have the APC the whole round. Youll attack the west base and hold. At the beginning youll be helped out by squad 5, who has the tank. This will allow for a quick capture so that ticket bleed stops.

Comment

Cool - thanks for that :)

Comment

how about letting one of the main assault squad leaders take the chopper to the tv station at the very beginning of the map, and having his squad wait to spawn until he's there. Might be a good way to pull off a big surprise and cripple the USMC from the start.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X