Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Playing a SP game with friends over LAN (CO-OP)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playing a SP game with friends over LAN (CO-OP)

I know theres probly alot of people that were pretty pissed because there is no CO-OP option available and so LAN games with a couple friends becomes boring after 5 mins of playing. well now you can play a SP game and play with your buddies over the LAN with bots. Its alot more fun then playing on pubbies because bots dont do alot of stupid stuff.

to play Co-Op follow these simple steps.

1) have the person who is going to host start a local multiplayer game. choose any map, it doesnt matter.

2) everyone else then clicks refresh so they can see the game.

3) the host disconects from his game and starts a SP game on any map.

4) when the game is fully loaded everyone else joins the game they can see and when it loads they are in the single player game.

!!!IMPORTANT!!!
    only click refresh once so the game can be seen! if refresh is clicked after the host disconects then they cant join and the host has to start the server all over again and it gets very annoying

**this has only been atempted on v1.0 of BF2 with no patches installed**

Re: Playing a SP game with friends over LAN (CO-OP)

if any one could try this and see if this works on patched versions of the game id really apreciate it. im a bit afraid to update incase i cant play co-op with friends over the lan.

thanks

Comment

I was going to try this on Sat with some friends. I'll let you know how it goes.

Comment

so how did it go? did it work with the latest version patch installed or what?

Comment

I found a great stand alone program that allows your single player games to be joined directly over the LAN, no more annoying multiplayer then singleplayer game thing, as mentioned above.

http://www.wowhacks.net/cheat-db/cheats/BF2CoopEmu.rar

^^^the above link is straight to the stand alone program^^^

Comment

I play SP coop on patch 1.12. I start a single player game and anyone that want to join over LAN selects "join local" and "join by IP". You see the IP when the map starts. Hope this helps.
            EDIT:
            Btw, you only get to play on small maps and I think it is only 16 bots, same as in SP anyway.

Comment

With the coop mod listed above, you have to completely reinstall BF2. It totally hoses your install (atleast that my friends and I have found). Also, it is quite unstable. Connecting via IP works great though. Thanks!

In the pursuit of... something.

Comment

Originally posted by TG_JBRanger
                With the coop mod listed above, you have to completely reinstall BF2. It totally hoses your install (atleast that my friends and I have found). Also, it is quite unstable. Connecting via IP works great though. Thanks!
                Glad you got it to work!
                I find it strange that the single player LAN COOP is available right out of the box and that EA/DICE ignored to make a button or something for it since it adds value to the game. Might be many players that want to play COOP against bots but think it's unavailable.

Comment

I tried this recently and can confirm you need to COMPLETELY reinstall to get back to playing on the server....was really upset, took hours-especially the patching to come back from this.

Not to mention found it unstable as hell....not worth it at all in my opinion
                  |TG-1stMIP|Canuck

[defense][tg-c1]

Comment

Before the last patch you were able to connect to another players single player game simply by putting in their IP.

Comment

You still are able to
                      |TG| aschmack

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...