The optimal reaction to being hit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The optimal reaction to being hit

How do you react when you take a couple of bullets (but still survive)? Do you run for cover first, or do you attempt to engage the enemy? What do you feel is the best way to respond?

[conduct][volun][drill][sg-c1][tpf-c1]
    |TG-2nd|munchkin
    Nec aspera terrent.

Re: The optimal reaction to being hit

me as a sniper my first reaction is my grenades...cuase ussually the only they are close and i need to drop a couple to scare them off. or i use my clays and place them infront of me and let them run up on me....i always engage them.
    that sounds like a good idea trooper.
    -Vulcan

Comment

Originally posted by munchkin
      How do you react when you take a couple of bullets (but still survive)? Do you run for cover first, or do you attempt to engage the enemy? What do you feel is the best way to respond?
      Try to gain Situation Awareness while making myself a tough target to hit (zig zag, turn a corner). Wearing a headset is HUGE to figuring out where the shots are coming from, if I am a medic though, I will try to heal myself first.

Second, Use the Spot Enemy function so that my squad will see the enemy.

Third, Bring around an appropriate response.

Lastly, Feel out Attacking Strength (more than one guy?).

Lucky Shot

Comment

i ussually run for cover and wait till they stop firing, then dance in and out to find their postion, flank hard and fast, straight in with the shotgun,

AKA TG Xink | http://www.andy-hook.co.uk

Comment

if i know where the guy is immediatly, i engage. If i dont know where he is, i find out and then attack him from a location he probably wouldnt expect. If im squad leader and getting shot i generally wont engage and ill just run away unless im 100% SURE ill kill him.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucky Shot
            Try to gain Situation Awareness while making myself a tough target to hit (zig zag, turn a corner). Wearing a headset is HUGE to figuring out where the shots are coming from, if I am a medic though, I will try to heal myself first.

Second, Use the Spot Enemy function so that my squad will see the enemy.

Third, Bring around an appropriate response.

Lastly, Feel out Attacking Strength (more than one guy?).

Lucky Shot
            Oustanding, especially about spotting the enemy. I agree and I would like to add to it.

My response depends on the situation, the kit I am, whether I am squad leader, and what my objectives are. Truly it just takes experience, knowing what you're trying to accomplish and common sense. I guess I can only explain more by giving examples:

If you have no idea where the shots are coming from, take the nearest cover.... unless you are firing on something that it is really important that you kill. Sometimes it's more important to get that last AT shot off than to survive.

If you see the enemy, go prone, and use single fire (if they are at any distance), and kill them.... unless you have a reason not to.

If you are a class with nades and there is cover real close, sometimes a good rule of thumb is to take cover and lob nades.

If you are an attacking squad leader, always find the best cover, unless you really think you can eliminate the threat without dieing.

I hope the examples help. Like I said, it's about know what you are trying to accomplish and making the decision from there... a skill vital to being an SL or commander.

Comment

Hummm... I thought you just ran at them and knifed them to death.

Comment

Originally posted by Xink
                i ussually run for cover and wait till they stop firing, then dance in and out to find their postion, flank hard and fast, straight in with the shotgun.
                Same here, although I do it with the DAO-12 :D

BF2 Name: Thez(NL)
                BF2142 Names:
                Thierry(NL) (Sniper)
                Dikkiedik(NL) (Assault)
                Kittekat(NL) (Engineer)
                Dimi(NL) (Support)

Comment

if it's this kind of situation... taking a nice walk in the park, minding my own business, when suddenly I got one-two...-three bullets that could come from anywhere - than I run like crazy for the first good cover where I feel safe, of course.
                  I'm doing my best not to let this happen... it's what SA is all about. Most of the ppl are moving too fast, not scaning left and right, they just go straight all the way... I don't understand what make ppl run? Take it easy, man...
                  Most of the frags are done when you catch somebody not knowing you have him in your iron-sight...
                  but in those ugly situations, most of the time I have some sort of idea what angles are dangerous so in 80% of those cases I know where he could be. I try not to run toward or from the enemy, but sideways. If I'm medic, when I make that corner for cover, I'll go for the (I call it) "second choice" position, and there I'll drop medpack and lie on it and wait for those 2 sec if he follows me aiming at the corner (the first choice would be a possition where most of the ppl would aim as soon as they pop around the corner, so the second choice gives you that 0.5 sec head start).
                  if not, I'll go back to kick his ass. :D

If I'm not medic, I'll run and scream "medic, medic!" like a little girl. Being a SL make this kind of beheviour politicaly correct. ;)
                  Last edited by mare_cccp; 10-09-2005, 07:50 AM.

Comment

Since i play medic 90% of the time, ill run, heal myself and come back to fight him/them off and also report via voip to the SL im beeing shot at. If i play some other kit if i can ill run for cover, if not ill fight. Im mainly always run for cover first cuz if he managed to shoot at me first means he has the upper hand and most likely ill die, so its better to run and come back then to be another dead hero.

Comment

The majority of the time I'll run to the nearest cover. If wounded badly, go get some health (I usually dont play medic). If not wounded badly, I'll try to flank the enemy or setup up an ambush in a good defensive position (usually not directly around the corner ). The most important thing is running to a safe postion first instead of trying to find where the shots came from. Until you turn around, you dont know if there is one person or a whole squad behind you. If they know they didnt kill you, they have to decide to either hunt you down or allow you to escape into the unknown to possibly comeback.

For you medics, please be aware that others can see the medpacs that you drop. When I'm chasing someone and see that, grenades are the only thing that will be coming around the corner.
                      -33rd- BaneII
                      Smokers & Jokers

Comment

As a sniper if i think he is on top of me i'll drop both claymores at my front and back and hold my position with my weak ass pistol. If he is medium range and advancing i'll lob a grenade or two to slow him down and place my claymores to my backside and begin aiming for a headshot.

If i canot locate where the shots are coming from most likely its at some range and will try and figure out the relative direction of the shots and move backwards accordingly taking up a position that would allow me to see where the shots are coming from. I always leave a claymore where i just was if its been a spot where ive racked up kills.
                        Long Live the 2nd BCT and 1st MIP

Comment

Since I normally play AT in infantry games my usual reaction is to spray wildly with the pebble-lobber for a second and then die.

Sometimes, I also try to lumber away for cover.

But since I can only run 6 feet before I have to stop for a breather, I have yet to make it around a corner.

Comment

I usually jump up and down a bunch of times untill I see where the enemy is, then I grenade launch him. I also find that pressing the space bar in combination with the z key is very useful in these situations.

Comment

Originally posted by theoriginalblankman
                              I usually jump up and down a bunch of times untill I see where the enemy is, then I grenade launch him. I also find that pressing the space bar in combination with the z key is very useful in these situations.
                              LOL, z must be default for prone?
                              Become a supporting member!
                              Buy a Tactical Duck!
                              Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                              TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X