Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sooooo.... claymores and mines are useless now?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sooooo.... claymores and mines are useless now?

Due to some amazing stupidity on EA's side, mines and claymores only need an explosion type weapon, damage or size dont matter as long as its explosion.
    So I found this dirty little trick that works great.

Spawn as spec ops or have a spec ops in your squad, also have or be engineer.
    Lay 1 or 2 mines, depending on what it takes to make sure that they cant run past them on a road.
    Lay C4 just around a corner or behind some grass and wait for that apc or tank to shoot the mines.
    He will then ALWAYS believe that thats it, no more mines or anything, its a human thing :P.
    Wait till he rolls by, then blow the C4.

What also seems to work is this: place C4 on the road, and lay mines over them, when the mines blow, but the driver still sees something lying there he'll be pretty confused and you can slap C4 on him or lay mines.

BF2 Name: Thez(NL)
    BF2142 Names:
    Thierry(NL) (Sniper)
    Dikkiedik(NL) (Assault)
    Kittekat(NL) (Engineer)
    Dimi(NL) (Support)

Re: Sooooo.... claymores and mines are useless now?

Why bother with the mines?

Comment

He enjoys making things overly complicated. ;)

I find mines are just as good as before. They only work when your sneaky with them. I like putting them around the inside corner of a turn. You crazy drivers never see them in time.

Try making a domino effect with AT mines, place em in a line and then throw a nade on the end one. Now they are anti tank and anti infantry.

Comment

Claymores have lost their deterrence value now so they're not as useful.. but they're not useless, I still get about a quarter of my kills from explosives. You've just got to be clever with them.

My claymore tactics are one set of secrets I'm not giving out though. :D

Comment

Im not sure but, if you walk over a mine (not in a vehicle) will it explode? I think this has happened to me.

Comment

if it is an antitank mine, it wont explode if you walk over it. what ive found is if you place the mines just over a hill or in the dark ruts of the road, they cant see them. bushes also work great for mines. i just love to put claymores at the top of ladders and such because you cant blow them up or anything very easilly from the ground.

Comment

Originally posted by Phelan Ward
              Try making a domino effect with AT mines, place em in a line and then throw a nade on the end one. Now they are anti tank and anti infantry.
              im soooo gonna try that later

AKA TG Xink | http://www.andy-hook.co.uk

Comment

Mines are very useless now. Tried some on Zatar last nite to defend the airfield and the mobile AA just blew them away and entered the base. Against the cars they are useful, against the armor useless. Not really sure what the role of the engineer is now. Armor deterence on base defense has been drastically reduced. In the past, both in BF2 and BF1942, I would risk myself to remove enemy mines so vehicles could pass. That is no longer necessary. They are still great at close quarters combat. Now if we could only bring back the trenches from BF1942.

I'm not sure if AT mines are anti-infantry now. That would be interesting.

Also, the number of mines one can now place is 5. Was that reduced in the last patch?
                -33rd- BaneII
                Smokers & Jokers

Comment

No, it wasn't reduced.

FYI, I tried placing 5 mines under an artillery gun and lobbing in a grenade, and it didn't even start smoking. :)
                  Peace through fear... since 1947!

Comment

Originally posted by BaneII

I'm not sure if AT mines are anti-infantry now. That would be interesting.
                    That's not what he meant. They are anti infantry because you can cause them to blow up, and that makes the walkin man sad. You line the mines in a row, blow the one closest to you, and it trips the other ones, killing the incoming soldier. They don't actually go off when you step on them.

Comment

A solution to the mines would be to make them invisible to the enemy (like they are in real life), because they are buried.

Comment

Yeh that happens with C4 A LOT, if you lay it on a bridge, it dissapears, but its still there though.
                        However I can see people abusing it then, laying mines on UCB vehicles etc

BF2 Name: Thez(NL)
                        BF2142 Names:
                        Thierry(NL) (Sniper)
                        Dikkiedik(NL) (Assault)
                        Kittekat(NL) (Engineer)
                        Dimi(NL) (Support)

Comment

Originally posted by jepzilla
                          My claymore tactics are one set of secrets I'm not giving out though. :D
                          Actually, his claymore tactics are so deadly and cruel that I'm fairly sure they're outlawed by the Geneva Convention. But meh, whatcha gonna do?

[conduct][volun][drill][sg-c1][tpf-c1]
                          |TG-2nd|munchkin
                          Nec aspera terrent.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse