APC's shooting trew walls

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• APC's shooting trew walls

Could it be that apc's and/or tanks can shoot trew wall's? I often get killed (especially at karkand hotel, love that map) while proning at the back of a wall, but making sure nothing of my body is visable true the wall.

And how about the upgraded medic gun, I am a better killer with the standard guns, could someone give me some tipps about the upgraded medic gun (L-something- something) Thanks.

Re: APC's shooting trew walls

I definitely know that the 50 cal on a vodnik/humvee can shoot through fences, but I'm not sure about APCS and Tanks shooting through walls.

[conduct][volun][drill][sg-c1][tpf-c1]
    |TG-2nd|munchkin
    Nec aspera terrent.

Comment

Originally posted by Fajo83
      And how about the upgraded medic gun, I am a better killer with the standard guns, could someone give me some tip[p]s about the upgraded medic gun (L-something- something) Thanks.
      the medic unlock is my absolute FAVORITE of the unlocks, followed by the anti-tank shotgun.

FYI, the TG servers don't allow for unlocks to be used. That is because most of the players here play exclusively on TG (an unranked server), and such players don't get any global points and therefore can't unlock any of the weapons. it keeps the playing field level, in other words.

the medic upgrade should be used like any other assault rifle. switch to semi-auto and use the scope when the enemy is at medium to long range. the scope is exceedingly accurate, and on most public servers you can outduel a sniper if you know the interval to pop off three shots in a row (that is, unless he gets a head shot in). the ONLY time to have the weapon on full auto is when you're engaged in close quarters combat, and in such instances DO NOT use the scope.

hopefully this is how you're using the basic assualt rifles; the only advantage of the medic unlock is it has that beautiful scope mounted on top, instead of the iron sights.

happy hunting!

Comment

Dice does not conisder unlocks "upgrades". The tout them as "alternatives". I prefer the normal medic rifle over the unlock. Contrary to that, the AT unlock makes the AT vastly superior at close range, the ultimate close range weapon if you know how to use it.

I believe splash damage goes through fences and even walls.

Comment

Splash damage may or may not go through walls; most likely your foot is sticking through the wall or something. It's pretty dumb, but you can be killed like that.

Comment

i know the mini-guns will go thru the fences and the metal walls
            that sounds like a good idea trooper.
            -Vulcan

Comment

Originally posted by TychoCelchuuu
              Splash damage may or may not go through walls; most likely your foot is sticking through the wall or something. It's pretty dumb, but you can be killed like that.
              DAO-12 shoots through fences, fact

BF2 Name: Thez(NL)
              BF2142 Names:
              Thierry(NL) (Sniper)
              Dikkiedik(NL) (Assault)
              Kittekat(NL) (Engineer)
              Dimi(NL) (Support)

Comment

Sniper rifles also shoot through metal fences. It's kind of hard to aim though... (hint: you can see feet under the fence).

Comment

In BF2, there is a difference between cover and concealment. Just because that tank can't see you doesn't mean he can't launch 5 shells at the wall in front of you to kill you.
                  Battlefield Admin() ()
                  [volun2][medic][defense3][eng2][support]
                  [sg-c1][gchq-c1][tog-c1][ma-c1][taw-c1][tg-c2]
                  | for | |

Comment

Thanks guys for the swift reply, especially the first one, I allways had issues when comming into CQB, with the "unlocked" medic gun, but sometimes, I got a nice long distance snipe, but this was also whe I fired single shot.

But still for short and medium range i prefer the ordinary gun, and then at the utmost the kalasjnikov.

The doa12 is also a fine gun. but only to sneak up on people and wack them from close range (2 - 7 metres)

Well now I try to keep away from the wall'I heard that before (black hawk down) But I didn tlean true the wall, and still I got shot from a meter away of the wall, more times than one

Comment

Okay now a really nooby question but how the hell do i say words like "sorry" "I need a driver" "tank Spotted" etc.????

Comment

Q

Comment

Originally posted by perry
                          In BF2, there is a difference between cover and concealment. Just because that tank can't see you doesn't mean he can't launch 5 shells at the wall in front of you to kill you.
                          fact, the most effective way to kill infantry in a tank is to fire the shells around them rather than at them

AKA TG Xink | http://www.andy-hook.co.uk

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X