Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reviving Medics

Here's the drill guys:
    A medic goes down, and shouts "Medic Down", followed by his position. You rush to him,while he gives you the countdown, take his kit and revive him. A ticket saved.
    All squads should try this. Do this to any medic you see, even if he isn't in your squad, and it'll help your side greatly.

[conduct][volun][drill][sg-c1][tpf-c1]
    |TG-2nd|munchkin
    Nec aspera terrent.

Re: Reviving Medics

The reason I began cross training in the other kits was for this very reason. If you are commonly a medic and get revived by a teammate in this scenario, you need to know how to utilize the kit that you are given.

Comment

I don't take medic kits from other squads and revive them, because then I've probably deprived that squad of its medic which can be a very bad thing if their SL dies 30s later.

Comment

Bah, don't revive. I find it very entertaining to watch team mates, especially squad mates, walk around over my broken body as the seconds slowly tick down. True comedy.

Comment

The kit falls in the middle of the body obscuring the symbol on the bag, so unless you knew that person was a medic you gotta take a hard look at the body to figure out what class they were and if you should risk your own life to take their kit to revive them.

Is there a quick n dirty way of telling if the guy was a medic?
          Battlefield Admin() ()
          [volun2][medic][defense3][eng2][support]
          [sg-c1][gchq-c1][tog-c1][ma-c1][taw-c1][tg-c2]
          | for | |

Comment

Originally posted by perry
            The kit falls in the middle of the body obscuring the symbol on the bag, so unless you knew that person was a medic you gotta take a hard look at the body to figure out what class they were and if you should risk your own life to take their kit to revive them.

Is there a quick n dirty way of telling if the guy was a medic?
            Thats a good point, it can be kinda hard to find the guys kit. Sometimes ive seen someone that was wounded and couldnt even find the kit even though i knew he was a medic. Sometimes ya just get screwed, but if you CAN pick up your medics kit, do so.

When im squad leading though, i never pick up anyones kit. I pick my kit based on how easily i can survive with it, and switching to medic = me dying quickly because of no armor.

Comment

(I respect you guys, and your opinion, but this is what I think)

I'm against that kind a tactic. The way I see squadplay, each member should have his position and kit in the squad. That kinda crossovers bring chaos into very precise well balanced machine, and that can inflict more damage to your team, than one lousy ticket point.
              Let's say you revive medic by taking his kit. And he continue to play as AT. In a noob-squad, that would be totally ok. But if it's a good squad, and if that guy doesn't get killed for some time, the squad can be left without any medic for a while... and if SL gets killed, there would be nobody to revive him.

I say, let medics take care of critically wounded players. Make a procedure for every single player in your squad. If it's necessary to have 2 medic, so be it.
              But never change roles in the middle of the fight.
              (now that is only my opinion, I could be wrong, and there are some ppl here that know better)

Comment

Originally posted by mare_cccp
                But if it's a good squad, and if that guy doesn't get killed for some time, the squad can be left without any medic for a while... and if SL gets killed, there would be nobody to revive him.
                Yea, that's the problem with reviving a medic from another squad. But, in a perfect world, that squad would take care of reviving their own medic.

In a perfect world, your squad would be filled with well rounded players than can play any kit, so it'd be fine if the engineer and medic switch kits for a few minutes. In the real world, I suck with the shotguns so I wouldn't appreciate an engineer taking my medic rifle :p
                Battlefield Admin() ()
                [volun2][medic][defense3][eng2][support]
                [sg-c1][gchq-c1][tog-c1][ma-c1][taw-c1][tg-c2]
                | for | |

Comment

In a perfect world, your squad would be filled with well rounded players than can play any kit, so it'd be fine if the engineer and medic switch kits for a few minutes.
                  I agree with Perry. Medic plays way differently than other kits. More defensive than offensive because you have to stay alive to revive others. If someone isnt that good with the medic kit, I wouldnt expect them to pick it up. Yes, a death-respawn equals a ticket. However, the value of a ticket depends upon the score. If we are ahead by 30+ tickets, I wont worry about the loss of another ticket.

Reviving a squad leader depends upon the situation. If storming a particularly hard location, then yes, getting the squad leader back up is vital. However, if the squad leader goes down while I'm capping a flag, I'm not gonna jump off the flag. If we are on defense and the flag isnt white, the SL dying isnt higher a priority than repelling the attackers or hunting down the opposing SL's.

But if you are in the middle of a bunch of bodies and you have the option to pickup a medic kit to revive others and then return to a comfortable kit, it would be appropriate and appreciated for you to do so.
                  -33rd- BaneII
                  Smokers & Jokers

Comment

Originally posted by Bommando
                    I am more concerned about the loss of a ticket (and an important medic) than the fact that a squad might not have a medic kit temporarily.

If you are in a firefight, chances are someone might be able to respawn as a medic anyway. You are much better off having a standing medic without losing a ticket, than one who respawns in 15 seconds and potentially fails to revive a number of teammates during that time.

Even more important, that kit could just save a squad leader who can preserve a spawn point.

Seeing teammates running over the top of my body and not picking up my kit makes my blood boil. I wish people were a bit more aware sometimes. I always look for a downed medic if I see that we are taking casualties, especially if he's in my squad.
                    The way I think about it is, I'd rather lose one ticket than risk another squad's assault or defense failing, which would mean 6 or more tickets lost, plus possibly ticket bleed. At the same time my squad ends up with too many medics, and loses its support, or AT, etc... which case that could result in two squads being wiped. Sure, it's not likely to happen, but you're still risking 12+ tickets (in the worst case scenario) to save 1.

Comment

Sorry if I was a bit brusque while writing the initial post, but the area where I see this working best and being most beneficial to the team is in the real meatgrinders of maps/areas. For example, the TV station on Sharqi or on Karkand. People are dying left and right, and many tickets can be saved. And not only tickets - you have more people alive to help you attack/defend the objective.

|TG-2nd|munchkin
                      Nec aspera terrent.

Comment

Originally posted by jepzilla
                        The way I think about it is, I'd rather lose one ticket than risk another squad's assault or defense failing, which would mean 6 or more tickets lost, plus possibly ticket bleed. At the same time my squad ends up with too many medics, and loses its support, or AT, etc... which case that could result in two squads being wiped. Sure, it's not likely to happen, but you're still risking 12+ tickets (in the worst case scenario) to save 1.
                        yes, it's like that. i believe the goal of the game is to reduce the chaos and learn your role. i would like to see my squadies knowing they part by hart, to become one-track-minded, SOP style, robotic type of beheavior... to perfect their job "... to the extreme" :) .
                        Originally posted by perry
                        But, in a perfect world, that squad would take care of reviving their own medic.
                        yes. in the perfect squad, and in the perfect team. but if you don't try, you will never make one.
                        Originally posted by BaneII
                        But if you are in the middle of a bunch of bodies and you have the option to pickup a medic kit to revive others and then return to a comfortable kit, it would be appropriate and appreciated for you to do so.
                        ...and YES. this is a special situation... of course that would be a good thing... but if i would train ppl in my squad, i would prefer them not to switch kits in those situations, than to switch kits when it's not necessary.
                        i would do things like that, but then again i think of me as an advanced playa, who knows when the time is right for unconventional actions.

too many ppl trying to be unconventional, like it's some kind of advantage... sorry to inform you, but in soccer, goalman's position is - at the goal. if you try something unconventional, like trying to dribble opponent players, you'll end up with a ball inside your net. :(

this is my advice to 99% of you guys: try to be as conventional as possible. :)
                        Last edited by mare_cccp; 10-16-2005, 11:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mare_cccp
                          too many ppl trying to be unconventional, like it's some kind of advantage... sorry to inform you, but in soccer, goalman's position is - at the goal. if you try something unconventional, like trying to dribble opponent players, you'll end up with a ball inside your net. :(

this is my advice to 99% of you guys: try to be as conventional as possible. :)
                          Also known as creativity.

|TG-2nd|munchkin
                          Nec aspera terrent.

Comment

Sometimes the reviving can get sort of overboard, I know you lose a ticket, but there have been times in which i've been revived, killed, revived, killed, etc. And by the 3rd revive my squad is WAY ahead of me and i'm way behind. It is sort of aggravating getting shot, and the seconds tick down to 3 sec and then I get rezzed, 500 yards away from my squad. Normally that would be fine, but usually a medic missing from a squad really hurts that squad, i'd say more than 1 ticket worth. Just my opinion though

Comment

In the heat of a battle I try to retrieve my squad mates first, but if I see another team mate dying I cant resist on trying to retrieve him. In lack of communications with other teams I would expect that they will be retrieved.

I prefer not to be retrieved by someone that are taking my kit, because then I loose my kit and my squad could be without an medic. It is often better to wait for the respawn. It is ok if the player who picks up the kit can utilize the medic role, but if he cant then do not bother.
                              sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X