Grenades

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grenades

In my opinion, a squad should always use grenades to clear an area before rushing in. Make sure your teammates are clear. You should never get any teamkills by a grenade, and you can avoid getting any through clear communication.

Say "Frag" over VOIP to warn your squaddies.
    If a grenade thrown by an enemy drops near you, yell to your squaddies.
    If you throw a grenade badly, scream "BAD FRAG, GET CLEAR."
    If you need to rush in, tell your squaddies to cease throwing.

That is all.

[conduct][volun][drill][sg-c1][tpf-c1]
    |TG-2nd|munchkin
    Nec aspera terrent.

Re: Grenades

Meh. Sometimes chucking grenades is only a big "look, we're coming from this direction" for the enemy if they make it to cover in time. It might seem like a barrage of 4-6 grenades will kill everyone, but if you see them coming it's quite possible to avoid them, and even throw some grenades back. Unless I know where the enemy is and can deliver grenades right to them, I'd rather the element of suprise.

Comment

Sigh. I don't know how many times I see a couple of soldiers, throw a grenade towards them and then have a squad member, despite me yelling 'grenade!' over and over on VOIP, sit down on the nade and shoot at the guys... who promptly run away. Is it too much to ask for basic awareness? It's not exactly hard to see someone standing next to you throwing a grenade. Grenades are really basic and something that every player should be watching for all the time.

US army TMs say that squads should have a large and constant supply of grenades available since they are the primary weapon in CQB when there are no pesky civilians around.

Comment

if our cp is under attack and a nade bounces over a sandbag, i KNOW there will be more to follow and alway get the hell out of there, it does often give the postion of the assault away but at that point it does little to effect the overall outcome

AKA TG Xink | http://www.andy-hook.co.uk

Comment

Grenades are very, very underused in this game. Which is a big difference from BF1942 where many players used them, sometimes overmuch. I think its mostly because you cant reliably take down armor with grenades anymore and the lack of ammo boxes. Since I mostly play support, I dont have to worry about running out.

Grenades are the easiest way to clear a flag and prevent it from being capped. Most people lay down on the flag, so even if they see the grenade land, they dont even have time to pray. If they run, it clears the flag and makes them easier to shoot. If they survive the explosion, they are wounded and possibly shell-shocked. Not only is it possible to take down multiple targets, but you are more likely to kill the medic too. Either the medic was killed with the first explosion or he will run into the next explosion if going to revive. This is more effective than going in guns blazing trying to clear the flag.

Meh. Sometimes chucking grenades is only a big "look, we're coming from this direction" for the enemy if they make it to cover in time. It might seem like a barrage of 4-6 grenades will kill everyone, but if you see them coming it's quite possible to avoid them, and even throw some grenades back. Unless I know where the enemy is and can deliver grenades right to them, I'd rather the element of suprise.
          Doesnt make a difference from what direction they know you are coming from if they are dead. Anyway, with UAV, spots, and scans, I always assume they know which direction I am coming from. Better to go in knowing that you are being hunted rather than thinking you are some type of ninja.

Yes, grenades can be avoided if you see them coming (emphasis on if). However, it is more common not to see where they came from, only the resulting explosion, which doesnt help the target anyway. I've dropped many a grenade down from the rooftops. Many people would spin around after the explosion but no one has ever looked up. Even dropping multiple grenades at the same time onto the same squad only resulted in confusion and death (for them). Anyway, if they are concentrating on avoiding the grenade, they arent concentrating on shooting me. Since grenades are underused, I rarely worry about being killed by one in return.

The purpose of a grenade is to clear an area. To say "I wont throw a grenade unless I know where the enemy is" is ineffective thinking. Saying that means you walk into the ambush first. If I have any doubt about whether a position is clear of the enemy, I toss a grenade. If the crosshairs dont blink, then it is clear. If the crosshairs blink, someone is waiting for you. I dont climb up ladders to check if a roof is clear or peak around corners. The grenade lets me know just fine.

And yeah, I hate it when people run into my grenades too. :(
          -33rd- BaneII
          Smokers & Jokers

Comment

Lately I have seen more grenade use (esp Karkand). For me the biggest problem is finding a good spot to throw them in (i.e. no friendlies in there) and having them roll back down the hill onto me.
            So usually I just throw them where I see a lot of green or blue dots (in that order) - the red dots mean that these guys are already injured, right?

Comment

Originally posted by marstein
              Lately I have seen more grenade use (esp Karkand). For me the biggest problem is finding a good spot to throw them in (i.e. no friendlies in there) and having them roll back down the hill onto me.
              So usually I just throw them where I see a lot of green or blue dots (in that order) - the red dots mean that these guys are already injured, right?
              ! I want whatever you've got! Enemies are always red to me.
              Peace through fear... since 1947!

Comment

I use my grenades constantly (offensively, defensively, breaking contact, screening, you name it). Whenever I see a squadmate running towards my grenades, I yell out on VOIP, but that doesn't do anything for non-squadmembers. Luckily, I mostly play medic so I can "right the wrong."

Comment

Originally posted by marstein
                  If you're being sarcastic, then lol. If you're serious, don't get anywhere near me in-game :row__584: .

---

Comment

Originally posted by munchkin
                    If you throw a grenade badly, scream "BAD FRAG, GET CLEAR."
                    Nice point. I've got to work that into my vocabulary. So much better than me accidentally hitting the right mouse key, dropping the grenade in my lap with squaddies all around, and me stammering "Uh...I..uh hit the wrong key guys... get out of the area before it..." BOOM!
                    Beatnik

Comment

If I throw the nade badly I just yell:
                      "Eh guys, I threw the pin instead of the grenade"

BF2 Name: Thez(NL)
                      BF2142 Names:
                      Thierry(NL) (Sniper)
                      Dikkiedik(NL) (Assault)
                      Kittekat(NL) (Engineer)
                      Dimi(NL) (Support)

Comment

isn't it better to use "fire in the hole!" ?
                        i got used to that phrase so much, and "frag!" would confuse a lot of ppl.
                        my opinion... yours?

Comment

i just yell "frag out" over voip, works well enough i guess

AKA TG Xink | http://www.andy-hook.co.uk

Comment

the way i throw greandes i tend to use another word that begins with 'f'... =|

extremely effective at suppression and killing.

Comment

I mostly play support, so I use grenades all the time (infinite supply), usually as I'm charging an objective. I usually throw in the general direction from behind cover then charge in. That way the enemy is either already dead from the grenade or too preoccupied with avoiding grenades to notice me closing in. Some people under estimate the range on hand grenades too. If you can get a good trajectory and jump as you are throwing they will go very far and usually blow up just as they reach their target. The jump throw is also helpful for clearing roofs. You can put a hand grenade on top of the tallest building on Karkland, just fyi.
                              sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X