Sniper Tactics

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sniper Tactics

Ok, so I have now unlocked two weapons, the new Sniper Rifle, and the Medic Rifle. I have reviewed a sniper video further down the thread page, and the player is seriously good. He/she always gets head shots, as well at one point the player is parachuting from a plane/helicopter and aims down at a black hawk, with one shot the helicopter explodes. As well the player can shoot the light armored vehicles, like the jeeps and they blow up. I am starting to think that the new sniper was a waste of my upgrade, so if anyone knows of any techniques for improvement please let me know.

-Mick-

Re: Sniper Tactics

If I were editing a sniper video I wouldn't include the shots I missed either. The shots on vehicles were debunked - there is no special weak spot which you can kill them in 1 shot with. The new sniper rifle was a waste of an upgrade. The M95 isn't very good.

The most important thing to proper sniping is to know your weapon's ballistics. Practice and figure out what the accuracy is, bullet drop, bullet travel time, lag between pressing fire and the bullet firing, etc... I'll be posting a thread on bullet drop in a couple of days to give some solid numbers, but you still can't beat practice.

Comment

The video you're talking about is mostly one guy just messing with you. I'd also agree with Jep in that the M95 kind of sucks. It gives up quite a lot for the extra penetration but you rarely get the chance to use it (IE: shooting a helicopter pilot). You haven't wasted a unlock because all the unlocks are kind of like that, very neat in theory but weak in practice. The only one I've really liked is the DAO because it replaced all my SMGs with a shotgun.

Comment

Originally posted by Arf
        The video you're talking about is mostly one guy just messing with you. I'd also agree with Jep in that the M95 kind of sucks. It gives up quite a lot for the extra penetration but you rarely get the chance to use it (IE: shooting a helicopter pilot). You haven't wasted a unlock because all the unlocks are kind of like that, very neat in theory but weak in practice. The only one I've really liked is the DAO because it replaced all my SMGs with a shotgun.
        I've heard good things about the spec-ops and medic unlocks. My favorite unlock is the G3; it lacks the n00b-tube but its awesomeness makes up for it. Very accurate and very powerful. I'd say only the sniper rifle is an actual 'downgrade'.

Comment

I know Jep will agree with me when I say the G3 rules. 3 shot kill? Yes please.

Edit: We posted at the same time, so now I look like an idiot :/

[conduct][volun][drill][sg-c1][tpf-c1]
          |TG-2nd|munchkin
          Nec aspera terrent.

Comment

Originally posted by munchkin
            I know Jep will agree with me when I say the G3 rules. 3 shot kill? Yes please.

Edit: We posted at the same time, so now I look like an idiot :/
            :icon_lol:

3 shot kill is great. On full auto you can usually kill someone before he gets a n00b tube at you. :D

Comment

I never got the hang of the G3. It seems to miss more often unless you're firing bursts at medium range and I prefer precision. I got everything but the G36C and Engie Shottie after the patch and the only unlocks I consistently use are the DAO and PKM. I only use the PKM because it sounds cool.

Comment

G3 is my fav unlock, dont play on ranked enough to get used to it but it makes a gorgeous bassy sound and drops em like *clap*

AKA TG Xink | http://www.andy-hook.co.uk

Comment

But see the thing is, I HATE the Svd/Type 88. CHS and they are semi auto which makes them extremely weak. I don't know about you guys but it takes me 3 body hits to kill a guy with SVD/88. My next upgrade (if I ever get one, I hardly play or care about ranked servers) will be the M95. Not that it is a big deal, I have every other gun I ever wanted.

Comment

I used to like the SVD, then I started to dislike it, now I like it again. It'll one hit kill on headshots, and you can kill with bodyshots faster than the M24/M95 (you can pop off 3 shots with the SVD faster than 2 with the bolt actions). It's one major disadvantage is a worse scope, but on a lot of maps this isn't a huge deal. Plus most USMC snipers CHS at extreme range with their scope so it's not like you're at a disadvantage.

I used to really hate the Type88, but I don't mind it so much these days now that I understand its ballistics better. Thing about both rifles is to use them differently ... instead of taking each shot carefully, wait just a moment after your first to check for headshot and then pop three or four more shots off in rapid succession if you didn't get it.

Comment

Originally posted by Xink
                      G3 is my fav unlock, dont play on ranked enough to get used to it but it makes a gorgeous bassy sound and drops em like *clap*

Gonorrhoea? that shouldn't be dropping anybody playing BF2...i think medics carry penicillin for that very reason...

Comment

Initially, the G3 didn't feel like a "real man's gun" to me. It had basically no kickback, and didn't sound beefy. Then I popped it to singleshot mode and started capping people 200m away. Great stuff.

[conduct][volun][drill][sg-c1][tpf-c1]
                        |TG-2nd|munchkin
                        Nec aspera terrent.

Comment

You're all insane the M16 can already kill with a burst and it fires faster then the G3 and the AK can at least nearly kill in one shot. Plus they have noob toobs, the G3 is obviously overated. Not like that DAO. That's a quality weapon, send in the ATs first and clear a building. With heavy armor and an auto-shottie they make great Storm Troopers.

Comment

Sniper aim

Trying to get to grips with the old sniper and the aim seems to be rather random. Sometimes I have to aim low to get the head, or sometimes high to get the head and it doesn't seem to be related at all to my elevation relative to the target.

Can anyone explain how it's supposed to be, cos I seem to be missing easy stationary targets with minimal effort. Consequently I'm getting my ass kicked.

Any help would be gratefully appreciated...

Comment

Re: Sniper aim

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/showthr...hlight=sniping

first of all welcome to TG...your first and last place for gaming..

make sure you read our rules SOP's and anything else you wanna read..

sniping can be difficult...me being the "best" (not really) one here ill help in any way i can. insert arf...jep...jusb..mateo..anyother snipers
                              that sounds like a good idea trooper.
                              -Vulcan

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...