Weapon Key Configs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weapon Key Configs

I was wondering what keys you guys bind to your infantry weapon slots.

Last night I noticed knives and pistols coming out too fast for any kind of scroll wheel BS. And from the default position which I still use with slight modification, I find the number row to be just out of reach for quick and accurate changes. Especially without losing Left Strafe with the ring finder stretch. I use a wicked little Logitech mouse and have bound the scroll wheel button, and the two side thumb buttons to my rifle(3rd), nade(4th), and 5th slots. But that still leaves me at a loss in knife fights and when I go for my pistol. Even my shock paddles as a medic could use a better spot(they're in C now with defualt camera cycle disabled).

While we're on the subject, anyone know how to set up different key configs for different kits that load when you switch kits?
    Xbox Live Gamertag: TG ABRA
    live.xbox.com/member/TG ABRA
    Friend me!

Re: Weapon Key Configs

Originally posted by ABRA
    I was wondering what keys you guys bind to your infantry weapon slots.
    I always get weird looks/comments when I tell people my bindings, but what the heck. This is the same basic setup I learned playing the original DOOM (when keys couldn't be rebound) way back when, and besides a few changes and additions it's the same setup I'm using now. I actually did get tired of using the number keys with DOOM to change weapons, so when Quake came out I remapped them. I also use a five-button mouse now.

Backward -- Left Ctrl
    Forward -- Mouse Button 2 (RMB)
    Strafe Left -- Z
    Straft Right -- X

Run/Sprint -- Left Shift
    Crouch -- Left Alt
    Prone -- C
    Jump -- Space Bar

Weapon 1 -- A
    Weapon 2 -- S
    Weapon 3 -- D
    Weapon 4 -- F
    Weapon 5 -- Q
    Weapon 6 -- W
    Weapon 7 -- E
    Weapon 8 -- R

Reload -- 1
    Zoom/Iron Sights -- Mouse Button 4 (far left)
    Fire -- Mouse Button 1 (LMB)

Commo Rose 1 -- Mouse Button 5 (far right)
    Commo Rose 2 -- Mouse Button 3 (scroll wheel button)
    Spawn/Kit Menu & Map -- Left Windows Key

Squad VOIP -- Caps Lock
    CO VOIP -- V

.....and other buttons mapped elsewhere as needed. If you relax your left hand and let it take its natural shape, and then lay it on the bottom left corner of the keyboard (with your pinky finger on Left Ctrl), your fingers should splay across the indicated movement keys comfortably. The other keys (weapons, comms, etc.) should all be within fairly easy reach. It works well for me, anyway! :row__587:

Comment

Originally posted by Strag
      I always get weird looks/comments when I tell people my bindings, but what the heck.
      :row__684: Here's another. Never seen a setup as odd as yours! :D

Comment

Besides the Zboard, there's more than a few people on TG that use the Nostromo n52: http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProdu...duct_Id=157024. I haven't been using mine as much lately, only because it's a little difficult to get used to. But when I do use it, I notice that the weapons switch like lightning (mainly because I bound my basic weapon keys (2,3,4) to the thumb pad).

The other thing (like Bom said): if you use the regular keyboard, just use the number keys all the time, as they are much faster than the scroll wheel. I got real used to this after JO.
        |TG-33rd|Gunrack

[squadl][defense][assault][unit]
        [at][tg-c1]

Comment

A good tip is to bind the parachute key to backspace.. People complain about their parachute not opening, and I can't help but wonder if they're actually pounding on the 8 or 0 key and not the 9 key. Bind it to backspace and you can't miss :)
          Battlefield Admin() ()
          [volun2][medic][defense3][eng2][support]
          [sg-c1][gchq-c1][tog-c1][ma-c1][taw-c1][tg-c2]
          | for | |

Comment

Funny enough i have one of those wierd keyboards with the backspace key that is the size of the number keys.... my parachut always opens though...

I place my prone on mouse 4 and my reload on mouse 5.....i like being able to quickly drop to my stomach for cover *shrug*
            Looking for competitive teammates for
            Day of Defeat:Source and Battlefield 2 to join us!

Comment

I bind my weapons to the mousebuttons. I have Logitech MX510 and I have primary and handgun on the two tumb-buttons. In addition to the rull-button (who I dont use) there's three more buttons: secundary, grenades and 'enter' (i die a lot and need to change the spawnpoints often..)
              I've never used the numberkeys and I'm having a hard time finding #1 the few times i nedd to use the steel.
              "That is not an ordinary rabbit ... 'tis the most foul cruel and bad-tempered thing you ever set eyes on ... that rabbit's got a vicious streak. It's a killer"

Comment

Most everything is default except for three things:

enter/exit vehicle is "T" (to keep myself from jumping out of airplanes/jets)
                Squad based Commo rose is "E" (cause "T" was taken...)
                Pistol is bound to mouse button 3 (the clickable bit on the wheel.)

Comment

Originally posted by Phelan Ward
                  Most everything is default except for three things:

enter/exit vehicle is "T" (to keep myself from jumping out of airplanes/jets)
                  All my ground troop controls are at default. I guess that's why I jumped out of my helo 3 times last night in the middle of dog fights and circle strafing. But I don't have a problem with switching weapons.
                  sigpic

Comment

Ive used the numpad for years of gaming. BF2 did not support that and I tried to get used to WASD andf was getting owned. I got the Zboard and it has made a huge difference. Gaming was not made for regular keys. The Zboard also fits my manly hands sooo much better.

Comment

I've never seriously considered the Zboard or Nostromo but you guys make them sound pretty good. I wonder if Best Buy has a decent return policy so I could try them out...
                      Xbox Live Gamertag: TG ABRA
                      live.xbox.com/member/TG ABRA
                      Friend me!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse