AntiVisual
    SassyOne
    DrunkenSoul
    Munchkin

Squad 2 hammer
    2nd BCT 9 #1

Squad 3 hammer
    2nd BCT 9 #2

Note: 2nd BCT 9 will split into a 4 (S2) and 5 (S3) man squad. Please setup the squads and post the rosters.

Squad 4 anvil - defense w/vehicles
    42nd Recon 7 #1

Squad 5 anvil - defense w/vehicles
    42nd Recon 7 #2

Note: 42nd Recon 7 will split into a 3 (S5) and 4 (S4) man squad. Please setup the squads and post the rosters. I expect a couple of engineers to mine roads and repair vehicles.

Squad 6 hammer - helo airborne offense
    4th Force Recon
    black death5 (SL)
    aculle05
    Jepzilla
    perry
    Vodkatonic
    theoriginalblankman

Note: Should have a makeup of 3 special forces, 1 medic, 1 supply, and 1 engineer. Should be as self sufficent as possible, healing and resupplying on the run. Purpose is to get in and accomplish objective as quickly and deadly as possible. Expect a lot of deployment by parachute.

Squad 7 hammer - quick reaction, flanker
    Fast Attack
    Tempus (SL)
    Thump
    alapo

Note: Vodnik based squad. Highly mobile. Multi-purpose, can assist in offense or defense. Avoid fighting by itself.

Note: If any squad wishes to change SL's, I will change them.

hammer - mostly offensive
    anvil - mostly defensive
    -33rd- BaneII
    Smokers & Jokers

Re: TG In-house Scrim 10/22 Mashtuur Tactics - BaneII

Mashtuur City
    TG In-House Scrim (Alliance)
    10/22/2005 Saturday 20:00 EST

Overview: <1 minute gametime

Squads 1, 2, 3, 6

SL's only are to spawn at the North Gas Station and enter the helicopter. SL6 Black Death5 will fly the helichopter as low as possible, hugging the ground heading towards the Hill. The helicopter will come up from west, using the hillside as cover. While circling around the back of the buildings, SLs 1, 2, & 3 will exit the helicopter on top of the hill overlooking the base. The helicopter should be flying low enough that you will touchdown without using a parachute. The squads will spawn and commence to taking the flag. S6 spawns after the helicopter empties and proceed to touchdown near the USMC artillery to the south. There S6 will proceed to destroy the artillery and the scanner. Enemy assets are priority for S6.

Squad 4

Defense of the NW is your objective. Deploy men and vehicles as deemed necessary.

Squad 5, 7

SL 5 and 7 will take Vodnick south to capture Power Plant. The squads will spawn at arrival at flag.
    -33rd- BaneII
    Smokers & Jokers

Comment

Mashtuur City
      TG In-House Scrim (Alliance)
      10/22/2005 Saturday 20:00 EST

Overview: <1:30 minute gametime

Squads 1, 2, 3
      Hill will be captured from USMC and cleared of enemy troops. Deploy defensively expecting USMC to return to retake. Await further orders.

Squad 4
      Defending NW.

Squad 5
      Return to NW with T90 and Vodnik that spawns at Power Plant. Do not return by main N-S road by Hotel as it should be mined. Commence defense of NW.

Squad 6
      After destroying assets and eliminating any enemy threat in the vicinity, S6 will board and takeoff in helicopter. Vacate area safely, heal, resupply, and prepare to immediately attack next flag on CO orders.

Squad 7
      Be on lookout for incoming enemy. Prepare to defend SW using Vodnik to stay mobile. Can be called on to support S4&5, attack in conjuction with S6, or cap unguarded flags. Primary mission is to stay mobile and flexible.
      -33rd- BaneII
      Smokers & Jokers

Comment

After Action Report

This was to be a bold opening maneuver. Moving half of our army to the Hill in the first minute was supposed to take USMC by total surprise. During the match, the chopper was destroyed and I'm not sure who actually deployed. My plan was to have the chopter hug the ground down from the North Gas Station to the valley between the Hill and the Hotel. Even if there was defense at the Hill, coming from behind north of the hillside should have provided cover from anything except the top of the hill. The SLs would deploy w/o parachutes while the chopter would continue flying towards the enemy artillery. If the participants could make a report on what happened, it would clarify things.

When the opening maneuver failed, it came down to the regular east-west fight. This is what I was trying to avoid as it became a meat grinder around the Mosque. While MEC eventually took the Mosque, we couldnt hold it. Once S7 took an opportunity and captured the Hill. However, we couldnt get a defense up fast enough to hold it.

A few times USMC came across to the west in attempts to take the Power Plant and the North Gas Station. Some attempts succeeded, but they were short lived as I had already dispatched the defenders to those areas. The west never really became a major battlefield.

In the end it was a blowout. We couldnt overcome the defense of the 7th when the opening gambit failed. Though there were holes in the USMC defense, I could never exploit them. Our helo pilot left during the game so our helo squad became grounded instead of deploying by air. Later, I noticed it had been stolen, but it hadnt been doing us much good anyway. Our coordination was off. We had a small turnout for our planning session, so there was confusion in the beginning over what was supposed to happen. I also think we had some replacement players which never saw any of our planning. Not really the best way when going against a talented opposition.

I still believe that using the chopter to deploy troops is a valid strategy. However, something like that would have to be practiced. The squads involved would have to know their purpose and how best to accomplish it.
        -33rd- BaneII
        Smokers & Jokers

Comment

Amazing... Hill was supposed to be pounded... And Only my poor squad was on defense there eh? Evil Santa... lol

During the first deloyment The chopper did come in... But something from above... Something magical destroyed it... Our Blackhawk was hovering over the hill and when it saw the chopper an AT guy who was in the chopper took a nice shoot at the enemy Chopper and it was destroyed... My fireteam led by Arf cleaned the rest of the survivers on the ground even before their SMs spawned on them...

To my surprise, which seemed to be an easy round for my squad in Hill was suppoed to become a hell. Arf - Good job controlling the top of those hill chasing these guys away from my sight...

After the brief loss of Mosque, when we were stationed around Water tower two Jeeps rushed us and took Hill for a very short time... As soon as we saw them rushing in I pulled back the whole squad and took it back with no effort...

I am just glad my squad especially Arf's leadership as a fireteam leader paid off and let me relax on the roof drinking champaign chatting with Santa once in a while.

Comment

ya, i flew right in on the hill to see to my amazment 5 guys standing right there. they mowed down the SL's that jumped out but i think some survived because i saw people starting to appear as they landed. i continued to the arty but the fog was thick and i had a missle lock on me from the southern gas station. i flew over the station to drop my guys off but they got killed and the chopper was shot down. there were just too many missle locks and 50 cal guns on that map to make the chopper effective. the fog didnt help either.

EDIT: im actually not sure if we made it all the way to the arty, i was too distracted trying to communicate with everyone and fly with a missle lock on me. i think we might have actually spawned back at the northern gass station and proceded to the flag.

Comment

Originally posted by BaneII
              If the participants could make a report on what happened, it would clarify things.
              I was killed while in the chopper as we approached the Hill.

Comment

I was in the chopper squad, but I missed out on most of that round (net connection gave out). Before I got dropped I know the blackhawk really tore us up; whenever we got boots on the ground it flew over and murdered us all with those chain guns...

I really wouldn't mind seeing the helos removed from that map entirely.

Comment

What I disliked about the strategy was that there was no failsafe plan to speak of. It was so bold and dependent on one asset (the chopper) staying alive that it had a high chance of failure. Once the squad leaders died in the initial assault, I'm not sure everyone knew what to do and valuable time was lost which allowed the USMC to dig in.

Another problem in our implementation was the lack of communication. You mentioned that you didn't know that our squad was having so many problems using the chopper, Bane. That should have been communicated to you. Also, our SL's should have been in a TS channel together so we could have cooridinated an air assault with a ground assault. Landing the chopper in the middle of the square at the mosque without ground troops covering us just allowed us to be massacred.

And, yea, that stupid blackhawk is so powerful compared to the flying schoolbus. Helos are fine, unbalanced guns on the two choppers is not. Either put 50cals on the blackhawk, or give the schoolbus a death ray too. Otherwise, I like the third dimension they bring to the map.
                  Battlefield Admin() ()
                  [volun2][medic][defense3][eng2][support]
                  [sg-c1][gchq-c1][tog-c1][ma-c1][taw-c1][tg-c2]
                  | for | |

Comment

Only one Vodnik attacked the hill after the alliance took the most, with only 2 people in it. It was 3 man squad that did it, but I don't think the 3rd man evered spawned with us during that attack. That cap was VERY short lived :)

I've got a question though. Is loading just SL's into a transport chopper, dropping them and then having the squads spawn frowned upon?

Comment

Originally posted by |TG| B
                      Amazing... Hill was supposed to be pounded... And Only my poor squad was on defense there eh? Evil Santa... lol

During the first deloyment The chopper did come in... But something from above... Something magical destroyed it... Our Blackhawk was hovering over the hill and when it saw the chopper an AT guy who was in the chopper took a nice shoot at the enemy Chopper and it was destroyed... My fireteam led by Arf cleaned the rest of the survivers on the ground even before their SMs spawned on them...

To my surprise, which seemed to be an easy round for my squad in Hill was suppoed to become a hell. Arf - Good job controlling the top of those hill chasing these guys away from my sight...

After the brief loss of Mosque, when we were stationed around Water tower two Jeeps rushed us and took Hill for a very short time... As soon as we saw them rushing in I pulled back the whole squad and took it back with no effort...

I am just glad my squad especially Arf's leadership as a fireteam leader paid off and let me relax on the roof drinking champaign chatting with Santa once in a while.
                      I had been wondering how you guys defeated 3 squads. Im a bit fuzzy on what happened, but i think i temporarily sent Bommandos squad from the mosque to retreat and help you out. This left Beatnik alone for a few minutes but Bommando came back when the hill was clear.

Before the game, i wasnt sure if the blackhawk was going to be an awesome defensive machine. I planned on using it sort of like an arty or air strike, by just sending it where the threat was the biggest. Since it only had 2-3 guys in it, i suspected itd be shot down more. According to my pilot the majority of its deaths were when it got relativly close to the hotel where all the vodniks were.

Douglas, its not frowned upon at all. I think both sides used that tactic in each map we played.

Comment

I was on the BH squad until my computer decided I was having to much fun, an I remember coming around the north and just seeing a mass of troops and the MEC chopper just sitting there in the air, a perfect target for my AT. Boom it fell. Then we rained death except for around the MEC Radar area, that place was DEATH with all those vodniks. Then we snuck to the north and I hopped in the MEC chopper and drove it home.

Then my conn died =(
                        [age-c1][command]

Comment

Also Douglas it is not frowned upon since the helo is a transport, now using the jet is frowned upon by some when used as a SL spawn.

Az
                          [age-c1][command]

Comment

Ahhhhh. Thanks for clearin that up ;)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X