Tools for the CO: highest zoom level!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tools for the CO: highest zoom level!

I never realized that as CO you can get a birds-eye view of a small area of the game! Zoom in in the CO console to the highest mag level and you can see individual players scurrying around. You can use this to help a squad by spotting the enemies on cranes behind boxes aso. You can also aim your supply crates better although I found that the wind tends to blow the crates to the side.

While I was excited about this I worried that I was also worried that it took some time to spot while I did not run scans. And it allows micromanagement: "go more to the right - yes there he is...".

I thought maybe some other CO may not have realized s/he has this tool available.

Re: Tools for the CO: highest zoom level!

I saw this on one of the preview videos from months ago, so I already knew about it. Mostly I use this for aiming arty strikes. Another good use for this is to deal with the fact that your sat scan only shows blips that don't differentiate between infantry and vehicles.

Comment

It's pretty fun, but its usefulness is limited. It's like I'm playing Natural Selection all over again, really.

Comment

It has a lot of pretty useful uses. Like james said, this is how you should aim the arty. If you zoom in, you can see a general movement of the enemy and better be able to distinguish exactly where your arty needs to be to hit a moving squad. It can also be good for aiming a supply box better.

If a squad wants to know what all they are up against, a simple scan wont really do everything you need it to. Zoom in, and you can see how much armor or lack there of there is. It can also give you a better idea of what actually is going on at a CP.

Comment

Originally posted by marstein
          You can also aim your supply crates better although I found that the wind tends to blow the crates to the side.
          The "wind" always blows the crates the exact same distance in the exact same direction. Learn it, and use it. Careful use of this can: kill snipers, put inconspicuous crates near your assets to repair, put crates near tanks but inside doorways.
          Peace through fear... since 1947!

Comment

If you have the mouse bug, it doesn't appear while all the way zoomed in.
            |TG| aschmack

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X