Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Supply drops on destroyed assets?

Hey Team,

What doesz everyone think about using suppply crates to fix destroyed assets?

I don't like the use of them as I don't see how a box can repair something without human intervention. I see this as playing the game engine rather than playing the game. Thoughts?
    Jex.

Re: Supply drops on destroyed assets?

Like the invisible industrial complex that cranks out all those tanks and delivers them one by one to the flags. :)
    In game handle: Steel Scion
    sigpic

Comment

Lol! :)
      "You live and learn. Or you don't live long."
      - Lazarus Long

Comment

Keep your eye on the arty, an APC can easily shoot down parachuting crates. Just try to kill them quickly because the repair radius is a sphere, so it begins repairing before it hits the ground.

Comment

As a CO, I prefer not to use supply drops on destroyed assets. It's easier for me to repair them myself, or to get a passing squad to do it. The drops would be more useful elsewhere, and allow enemy SpecOps to reload on C4, to destroy even more of my assets.

[conduct][volun][drill][sg-c1][tpf-c1]
          |TG-2nd|munchkin
          Nec aspera terrent.

Comment

easy reload i say.

Comment

Originally posted by Wulfyn
              easy reload i say.
              Sorry off topic but I gots to know, what is squad 3 in your sig Wulfyn?

18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

Comment

That's a new stealth squad that was formed, if I'm correct. They're all ninjas, and they flip out all the time! ;)

Actually I think that's a mislabled Squad Leader bbc-code. I think they might change the code with the creation of new 'multi-star' ribbons. Same thing happened to me - I had [squadl2] (code for Squad Leader Class 2) just appear in my sig one day... I checked and saw slightly new code in the forum and updated it.
                Beatnik

Comment

I think the repairing supply boxes are good because it forces a spec ops squad to actually stay there and persist in their job.

Comment

I saw something for the first time on Oman today, a chopper with an engi pilot repairing assets... it was pretty kewl. Especially since I was able to C4 the chopper. C4'ed the Blackhawk twice too :)

Comment

That's something I've seeen recently too. Engie piloted choppers hovering low over assets and even appear after a hard fought CP capture to repair damaged vehicles. It's a groovy tactic, I just don't think I'm a good enough pilot to hover on a tank. I don't know how you guys do some of the stunts I see pilots pulling. \

But yeah as a spec op I pray that a commander drops a supply crate on the asset I just hit. Without it I have a tough time resupplying as COs usually have a better use for supply crates. The lone spec op can be wiped out so quickly in the UCB that he can die before the supplies reach him and if he survives it's a whole crate for just a few C4s.

That being said however. The alternative is the CO engie repair on most maps since friendly engies aren't usually loitering at the UCB. And the CO is the juiciest asset any spec op can hope for so the ambush is usually set for that CO engie.

So word to the wise CO, the best way to lure the spec op out of the concealed ambush position is to doubly motivate him with a supply crate on the asset he just destroyed. Not only does he want to the extra C4, but he can't bear to see his freshly smoking asset repaired. That's when you siddle up and get down to some serious back shotgunning. The knife even. You know it's personal once he's in your UCB making you sightless.

As yet I haven't figured out as a spec op how to counter this last tactic of the supply crate lure. Can't wait it out or the CO doesn't even need to emerge and the asset is reapired. One option is to leave the last odd C4(that is ineffectual on its own against assets) on the wreckage to blow the crate or CO engie.

But that leaves you empty of C4 and needing a friendly crate drop. And those crates floating down point right to your location for the enemy UCB garrison. ALso, maybe someone can confirmt his, but with the patch do opposing crates show up with the crate icon on the minimap. That'd be even worse.

My advice if you're a CO with destroyed assets. Go Engie, hop in an APC and park nearby. Unfortunately this keeps you out of CO view if you don't want that spec op to C4 your vehicle. But hopefully by that point he's used 4 of his packs on your scanner and UAV so he can't quite do ya in with what he has left.

I hate to blab about all my favorite cloak and dagger dirty tricks but hopefully the lack of a

|TG-7th|ABRA [C4] UAV Trailer

message will give me the anonymity I need to operate without my tactics being predicatable.
                      Xbox Live Gamertag: TG ABRA
                      live.xbox.com/member/TG ABRA
                      Friend me!

Comment

I wouldnt do it. The crates can go towards the people who need them, and assets repair themselves after a few minutes anyways.

Comment

Sorry off topic but I gots to know, what is squad 3 in your sig Wulfyn?
                          Me getting impatient ;) Hurry up Bom!

I think the repairing supply boxes are good because it forces a spec ops squad to actually stay there and persist in their job.
                          Except the box often gets destroyed in the explosion. Otherwise you spend all you resupply crates on your assets. I think they are better used as repair nodes for vehicles.

Comment

As yet I haven't figured out as a spec op how to counter this last tactic of the supply crate lure. Can't wait it out or the CO doesn't even need to emerge and the asset is reapired. One option is to leave the last odd C4(that is ineffectual on its own against assets) on the wreckage to blow the crate or CO engie.
                            That's actually the easy part. Make sure you have an ammo guy in your squad (or as SL take the support kit). Make sure you get the C4 charges down first (3 on UAV, 2 for radar and arty). Now resupply your spec ops and then have him detonate the charges and then immediately drop another charge on each asset.

Now pull back and wait. Any engi or crate that drops, blow the prelaid C4. Chances are the engi is the CO so whilst he's waiting to respawn, run back in there and drop another pack.

A friend and I managed to keep this tactic up for half an hour (until the game ended). It was on the Operation cleansweep map and the CO just kept coming back for more. We'd be hiding and then blow the charge when they showed up to repair it.

We were shot occasionally as our fits of laughter shook the mouse and gave us away, but on the whole we were a real problem. We used a supply crate dropped by our friendly CO on this occaision but the support guy works better.
                            Jex.

Comment

Yeah, in my mind the perfect Spec Ops squad is a spec op, a support and a medic.

You are a self sustaining squad that doesn't need supply crates. In my experience, unless you have a CO that takes the time to place the crate in a "hidden" spot for you, the crate actually tips off the enemy as to your location.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X