Strike at abu danab

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strike at abu danab

Ive played strike at abu danab (sp?) a few times and i think ive got a general, though basic, guideline for how to command the map.

First of all, its important to realize a few key points about the map:

1) The map has 11 CPs

2)For either team, it takes half the CPs to cause ticket bleed, meaning that you cant have a squad on every base you need to defend.

3)Most of the flags are a stones throw away from eachother, and might as well be just one big CP.

With that in mind, i think its best to have your squads spread out as much as possible. Never attack one CP with more than one squad, because if you do your leaving a HUGE gap and the enemy could quickly run to the nearest CP (which is close, because the CPs arent far away from eachother) and cap it. Even if you have acheieved ticket bleed, its probably best to send at least fireteams from squads to take undefended bases, because theyre probably will be at least one.

Another thing to keep in mind is that one squad can defend 1,2, and sometimes 3 CPs because of the close proximity of them. This is most evident in the southeast corner of the map. Why put more squads than you need on flags, when you could have one of those squads defend a different base?

As far as which bases to have are most optimal, it really doesnt matter too much. No CPs spawn any armor, so the only reason youd want to have one base over another is how easy it is to defend. Each base seems to have pretty easily defensible positions, but the Town center in the middle seems to be the easiest. Its a completely open square, with accesible buildings completely surrounding it. Also, from this base you can launch attacks on a lot of CPs because its in the middle and close to many other CPs that may be undefended.

The last point i want to make is that squads need to be ready to move out at any given time. If squads are slow to leave a base, the CP they are going to that was previously undefended may now have enemys on it. Speed is key in getting to all the CPs that are left undefended.

Anyway, i just wanted to get some preliminary ideas of how to command this map, because i think itll be a GREAT map once we understand how to actually play it so that one team doesnt always have 1-2 flags and lose by 600.

Re: Strike at abu danab

That map is perfect for creating a battle line on the map and having an entire push of the army. In old BFV, one of our strats were to rush to the very furthest base on Albany (US) and then create a line of infantry/armor along the width of the map and slowly push the enemy right on down the map. If you could manage to line up the squads in a big blue line left to right, you could push an enemy from one side to the other if done correctly.

I'll have to give it a longer crack Tuesday and Wednesday.

Lucky Shot

Comment

Originally posted by Lucky Shot
      That map is perfect for creating a battle line on the map and having an entire push of the army. In old BFV, one of our strats were to rush to the very furthest base on Albany (US) and then create a line of infantry/armor along the width of the map and slowly push the enemy right on down the map. If you could manage to line up the squads in a big blue line left to right, you could push an enemy from one side to the other if done correctly.

I'll have to give it a longer crack Tuesday and Wednesday.

Lucky Shot
      Exactly my thoughts Lucky. I think that is what creator of the map had in mind when he made it. From street to street and house to house, kind of battle with clearly defined front line. That is how it should be played rather then running around capping a flag just to see it turn opposite after 2 minutes.
      |TG|Bodark
      96th Assault Group

Comment

LOL I cant look at this map and not think of Garfield in the old comics. He was always wanting to send nermal to Abu Dahbi!! Oh well I find it funny!!

:)
        Operation Iraqi Freedom Vet "101st Airborne Division(AirAssault)"

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...