TG-wide Tactical Minicamp

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TG-wide Tactical Minicamp

I'm starting a minicamp so TG can get some tactical practice to play up to our potential. This weekly minicamp will seek to address the holes in our gameplay, espcially those that exist between the in-house squads. Some recent examples people have mentioned is the lack of communication between airpower and SLs and our inability to defeat blitzkreig tactics seen in our MA defeat. Both of these are things we could stand to go over in a setting not governed by the need to follow CO orders that restrict our ability to practice during play on our pub servers.

I'm hoping to get some time on the private server for this by next week. Anyone interested in working on this project with me beyond simple camp participation should PM me so we can put our heads together.

Each week I will start a thread soliciting for suggestions on what people would like to go over and who would like to volunteer their time to help instruct and coach these tactical topics. So without further ado, please post your topic suggestions, desire to coach, or just show your interest and support in such a camp.

I for one want to spend next week working on inter-squad/inter-TG team communication for scrims. Things like using TS to its potential to keep SLs in touch with each other and their air assets. Running a drill with one team taking all the buggies and zooming around like madmen against the other team tasked with defense seems like a fun way to practice our blitzkreig defense a bit too.
    Xbox Live Gamertag: TG ABRA
    live.xbox.com/member/TG ABRA
    Friend me!

Re: TG-wide Tactical Minicamp

Naturally, VMFA-531 would be willing to help players set up the TS binds, familiarize them with the protocol, and provide demonstrations of its effectiveness. (The last part is the one where people go, "Wow...")
    "You live and learn. Or you don't live long."
    - Lazarus Long

Comment

I volunteer for collaborator!

[conduct][volun][drill][sg-c1][tpf-c1]
      |TG-2nd|munchkin
      Nec aspera terrent.

Comment

Great idea ABRA ! Practice is the key for success. As 1stMIP we need a short time to go over some of our in-squad procedures in these coming days but after that we will be ready to help you in your effort to organize such minicamps.

Comment

Originally posted by John CANavar
          Great idea ABRA ! Practice is the key for success. As 1stMIP we need a short time to go over some of our in-squad procedures in these coming days but after that we will be ready to help you in your effort to organize such minicamps.
          For these minicamps, I was hoping that we'd have representatives from most (if not all) the in-house squads present.

I came up with a few suggestions for lessons:

Transport Helos - As air to air weapons,As means of troop deployments, by
          HALO and drop-offs, Avoiding AA, necessity of speed, evasive maneuvers
          Airborne Infantry - Proper HALO, landing on target, exiting a helo properly, safely and exiting under fire
          Explosive Ordnance - Tactical use of C4, engineer mines and grenades
          Sniping - Choosing the best targets, hitting SLs, choosing a sniping spot, tactical use of claymores, sniping with a partner
          Stealth - Game: Get from one side of the map to the other, avoiding the eagle-eyed gaze of ABRA and munchkin. Stealthiest routes, planning.
          Battlefield Movement - Movement from cover to cover, breaking contact, movement to contact
          Use of Terrain - Exploring uses of areas outside CPs, importance of wide defensive perimeter and base of operations for staging attacks
          "Stalking the 'hawks" - Use of fixed and mobile AA
          "By air, land and sea"- combined arms operations within one squad
          "Truckin' down the highway" - setting up a convoy
          Thinking tactically
          Being a forward observer for a jets squad
          Participating in the CO HELP squad
          "Respect and Radio Comms" - giving orders fast, quickly, intelligently and decisively
          Taking Down Tanks, the TG Way - multi-person AT operations
          Taking Command - how to carry on after another commander, make your team feel comfortable and kick ass

I think we should handle things in a way which makes things enjoyable for everyone.
          For example, a lesson on FAVs/DPVs could be:
          1.Brief opening talk, discussion about what people think of these vehicles
          2. Game-like activity: follow the leader in buggies on FuShe Pass, on and off roads.
          3. See who survives, discuss why. Discuss successful driving of buggies, why speed along bad terrain kills, and why staying with your teammates is important
          4.Game: Buggies as offensive weapons
          2 teams of 6 with 2 buggies per team fight it out on an airstrip
          5. Discuss limitations and advantages of buggy weaponry
          6. Game - avoid the armour
          Two APCs vs 10 buggies. The buggies have to make it past the APC and get to a certain point to win. This is done until only 1 buggy survives
          7. Discussion of evasive maneuvers, zigzagging etc

'Guest-lecturers' could be used - for example, the 531 could pop in and demonstrate how to call in airstrikes from us jetjockeys, or we could get information on sniping from some of our best. Any of you guys operating the 7th schools for COing and SLing wanna join in?

I was also thinking of having a 'reading assignment' before each minicamp, just to get the participants to read old forum discussions and tips, and then posting a more conclusive and solid article after the meeting.

What do you guys think?

|TG-2nd|munchkin
          Nec aspera terrent.

Comment

Where do I sign up?
            |TG| aschmack

Comment

You just did fudd :) If you're looking to attend the minicamps just keep an eye out here on the tactical forum for future announcements once we've secured the server time for them. Or if you want to help design or run minicamps PM me.
              Xbox Live Gamertag: TG ABRA
              live.xbox.com/member/TG ABRA
              Friend me!

Comment

A very nice draft Munchkin. Another thing that might be added to your list is "Armor 101" (firing when moving, repair, taking cover, etc)

I agree that every lesson should have a theory (reading/discussion) and an application (practice) part.

Comment

Sounds like a great idea.
                  Peace through fear... since 1947!

Comment

Yeah great idea. All I need now is a supporting membership...

Comment

I'm interested. Especially in the 531st session. I'm embarrased to admit that as a regular SL I haven't set up my TS binds yet. I'm just averse to learning new things, sometimes. :)

But I'd highly recommend this session for those interested in playing in future scrims - we need to step it up! :)
                      Beatnik

Comment

sounds great, count me in, could use some practice, and advice from other people
                        Focused

Comment

are we assigned hw? if so..im in! lol

Comment

If Abra doesn't mind, I'll make a fuller more official post soon to sorta clear up some details.

|TG-2nd|munchkin
                            Nec aspera terrent.

Comment

Originally posted by Beatnik
                              I'm interested. Especially in the 531st session. I'm embarrased to admit that as a regular SL I haven't set up my TS binds yet. I'm just averse to learning new things, sometimes. :)

But I'd highly recommend this session for those interested in playing in future scrims - we need to step it up! :)
                              As the minicamp may not start for a week or two, we could load up the private server sometime and I could demonstrate some airstrikes, how to handle requests and help you with some of the binds if you want.

|TG-2nd|munchkin
                              Nec aspera terrent.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse