Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

optimal mouse sensitivity setting for infantry?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• optimal mouse sensitivity setting for infantry?

OK - I suck at BF2. I'm in new unexplored frontiers of suckiness. Getting better, I play exclusively Spec Ops now rather than jumping around between AT, Assault, and Spec Ops because I assume playing the same class will enable me to learn it better - eventually.

But I find that my key problem is marksmanship. I'll see an enemy who doesn't see me, go prone, be in single shot mode, pop off several shots at him and see the "x" on at least a couple, and he'll see me, drop prone, and in what appears to be one shot from him I'm dead. So I'm not sure how to fix that. But I also find that I can take longer than acceptable at times just to get my sights centered on the other guy. I don't seem to have the precision I need. I have a good Logitech mouse (Mx1000, I believe) and good pings, but part seems to be some lag (ugh) and some seems to be the mouse settings.

So - in addition to other tips (gladly received) what do you guys set you mouse sensitivity to within BF2 when you're playing a ground pounder?

Thanks

Re: optimal mouse sensitivity setting for infantry?

The rate of your mouse is pretty much personal taste. Set up what you are comfortable with and don't go for other peoples numbers. Due to restricted space I like to be able to turn 180 degrees with a slight movement of my mouse, so it's pretty high for me. I don't know the numbers at the moment.

I've heard that their is a bug improving your accuracy to the skies for your first (few?) shot(s) when going prone. So being shot to death when somebody else goes prone happens frequently.

The other thing is called is reduced reflexes due to aging ;) Did I mention I pinched a nerve in my back last week?

[defense]

Comment

umbra,

change your view to ironsight. I almost all the time (except close quarters) use iron sight and it makes a difference. you can aim better and there is a damage bonus for your shots when you are using ironsight. just like standing vs prone.

Comment

You may be suffering from some lag too. They may be hitting you and it doesn't register as individual hits on you.

BTW. Here is a fun way to test your mouse reactivity and sensitivity... http://www.tacticalgamer.com/showthread.php?t=61774

If you do find yourself dying before you have a chance to aim, it may be time to change kits. Consider Assault (Armor) or Support (Armor, and you can spam bullets without needing to line up perfectly).

Lucky Shot

Comment

Hey Umbra

First off, I am a newbie to TG, so let me just, say I feel your pain. I have been filled with lots of lead since coming to TG. I play support most of the time unless the situation or the SL instructs me to do different. I need LOTS of bullets just to have a chance at killing some of these guys. So what Lucky shot is saying is a good start. Something else to consider is if you are running your connection through a router. That might be causing some lag, download fraps and see how many frames per second your system is running at.

Welcome to TG by the way

Drizz
          sigpic

Comment

Here's what some people do to help their skills with a gun.

Start with the default or maybe a tiny bit below that settings for the rifle. And slowly work your way up, and I mean slooooowwlly.
            [age-c1] [gchq-c1] [air2] [tog-c1][tpf-c1]
            [tg-c1]<victory

Comment

Possibly your graphics are set too high for your system. This will cause lag, because your mouse movements won't feel as smooth.

Comment

Buy a mouse with three sensitivity settings on the fly like Logitech G5. Then you can change sensitivity with a push of a button.
                |TG|Bodark
                96th Assault Group

Comment

Real men use trackballs
                  [age-c1] [gchq-c1] [air2] [tog-c1][tpf-c1]
                  [tg-c1]<victory

Comment

Back from my FPS days, it more or less worked like this...

Low sensitivity is good for weapons you need to keep a consistent lock onto an enemy when moving. High sensitivity is good for twitch shots and one-shot hit scan weapons.

Now, how does this apply to BF2? It doesn't matter much. :) Most of the time, you are not moving dramatically unless you find yourself in very close quarters combat consistently. In BF2, it's more of a matter of comfort than anything else due to the nature of the game.
                    |TG|seppy

[tg-c1][medic]

Comment

Also, make sure you are not moving when you fire. Even the slight motion of crawling can throw off the already rather wide reticle cone. I had the damnedest time with sniping until I realized that I was unconsciously strafing while shooting.
                      In game handle: Steel Scion
                      sigpic

Comment

Hi, ALL first post. Im a newbie too and have been playing a few months now. I used to have this problem also but after messing around with my mouse and huffing and puffing I conclude it all comes down to practice, practice i'm afraid. I just try and take my time with my first shot and try and keep still if possible . Now in a prone vs prone I win 50 % as oppose to 5% when I started. There is nothing better than improving in a game, from getting 0 kills to getting 10 or 15 is a proper good feeling I reckon.

Top Site, great tips......thanks it all helps :-)

Comment

Well, I did two things: I spent $400 on 2 Gig of RAM (running a high end Dell XPS notebook - RAM is outrageous!) and got a Logitech GS mouse. The high res and smooth mouse, plus the reduction in lag from the RAM (I didn't realize how much I was getting until I didn't have it any more!) has made a big difference. I still get smoked more than I like, but I was amazed at how many duels I started winning.

The 2 Gig RAM has also dropped my Verifying Client time by quite a bit. and no more jerkiness when I first start on a map.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X