Mines/C4/Claymores

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mines/C4/Claymores

Explosives, their available ingame, but in comparison to what you could do with them, they are not used that much.
    Since 1.03 mines and claymores can be blown....pretty stupid I agree, but not much we can do.
    Anyways I use C4 most of the three and I sorta made a list of hints and tips:

C4:

1: C4, like the other two CAN be thrown, its often not very useful, as you'll probably end up dead before you hit the trigger.

2: The real secret to C4 is making sure the enemy NEVER sees it. Laying 4 packs in the middle of the road is way to obvious.

3: Perfect spots for hiding explosives are telephone poles, trees, bushes and dark smudges on the road.

4: 2 C4 packs slapped on a tank will do 150% damage, which means that if its around 4 to 5 meters away when you blow it, you'll still get that armor.

5: Placing C4 is the most critical and important thing: Some tips:
    If you are up against armor, then first of all place yourself in the enemy's position and where the armor will be most likely to come from.
    When you figure that out, walk a bit to the direction of where you think they will come from, and then walk to your flag. Whilst walking you can spot places where C4 wont be noticed. Also, put yourself in that tank or remind yourself of where you always turn tight corners when you go to a flag.
    For example, the Suburb flag on karkand...that telephone pole/crossing between the flag and the other side of road, that joint? Trust me when I say that its a gold spot.
    5b: When placing C4 make sure that the enemy wont see it from the direction you'll think they will come. You can place C4 on a telephone pole, but if you place it wrong, its useless. Another example on Karkand. That slope in which you go down with armor near the sqaure, the turning point? If you place C4 on your side of the wall, you'll get a garantueed hit.

6: C4 is the only explosive that can't be shot since 1.03, this means you can place it on places where mines would be shot.

7: The top of slopes, just 2 feet after the road levels again is a blind spot! Place your C4 there and they wont notice until its too late.

8: You can slap C4 on anything! Remember that, if you see a humvee trying to run you over, simply dodge it, time it right, drop C4 and blow it.

9: C4 is also the only explosive you can control and wont get blown by friendlies, this makes it a great defensive weapon and also helps keep an eye on friendlies.

10: All assets, armor and apc's need only 2 packs, this includes UAV! The only thing that needs 3 packs is a bridge at full health.

11: Packs will sometimes dissapear into the ground, often on bridges, this is great, because the enemy simply cant see it, so if you find one of those spots, remember it well.

12: Most players in armor on maps will often take the same road 9 out of 10, make use of that. Also again, place yourself in the armor and think were you would go.

13: C4 is ofcourse made to destroy the commander assets. If you place 2 packs ON, not near, an asset, it will be destroyed with -1% health. If you place 3 packs it will be at -50%, which means it will take longer for the enemy to repair.
    Sometimes you can miss one pack, DONT throw another one. Often one miss will leave the asset wiith less then 5% health, if so finish it off with grenades. Sounds stupid I know, but it works. 2 grenades take off 1 bar of an asset.

14: C4 has a blast radius of 10m like that on your 3D map, at that range it will do around 4 to 6 bars of damage, which increases like that with each 1m, so at 6 to 7, you'll be cutting it close.

15: Laying C4 on walls where armor goes through while the road is pretty wide is a waste guys, only use it where you'll only need 3 packs or where the armor gets close.

16: De damage done by C4 is effected by collision, so if you place it in a concrete pipe, it will be perfectly concealed, but wont hurt a fly.

17: It only takes 1 C4 pack at 4 to 5m to kill infantry, dont waste it.

18: Black hawks and Cobras need 2 C4 packs, so if you can do it then do it!

19: Dont run up to a tank jumping all the way throwing C4 like christmas, you'll only end up dead.
    First off, make sure your run bar is at least half full.
    Second, when you want to make your run, make sure the turret of your target is facing the opposite direction!
    Thirdly, when you finally get there dont just stand there putting C4, go prone, lay 2 packs, look up if you can see the barrel of the turret. If you can, dont move! If you see the back, make a run for the nearest cover and hit that trigger.

20: If there is a lot of armor on the same spot (trying to get a flag) dont waste time laying C4 on all of them, just lay 3, yes 3 packs in the centre of it all when possible and run like hell. I said 3 since it has the most chance of killing all the armor will still keeping you with a safe 2 packs.

Mines:

1: Mines will destroy ANY vehicle, plane or chopper that they detonate on, you only need 1! Mines dont damage assets.

2: Unlike C4, mines dont stick, however if you lay them on a tank, there is a good chance it will lay there long enough.

3: Big advantage over C4 is you can remove mines! Both yours and the enemy's and it will increase your stockpile of mines.

4: Since 1.03 mines can be destroyed by an APC shot, Tank shot, artyillery, grenade, C4 and claymores so laying them on the middle of the road wont do anyone any good. In fact, if a tank hits your mines with a shell, the mines explode, if that explosion kills a teammate, you'll end up with a teamkill!

5: Laying mines under chopper doesn't really seem to work, maybe because they go up, not forward.

6: Being able to blow mines does have an advantage. If there is a tank, apc or helo on the ground capping a flag, throw a mine and throw a grenade afterwards, the mine will blow and take the armor with it.

7: More then with C4, placing mines correctly is vital. Same as with C4, look for blind spots, spots where armor will cross and dark spots.

8: Laying mines in front of a doorway wont do much good, it will only block your team's armor and you'll probably end up with a teamkill.

9: Mines can be used against infantry since 1.03, basicly like with C4, though you need a grenade and it is a bit cheap.

10: If are close to a tank you can do 3 things:
    1: Lay a mine and run like hell
    2: Lay a mine, throw a grenade and run like hell.(takes longer then 1)
    3: If you are close enough to 'touch' the tank itself, you will be inside the range of the tanks machinegun and tankgun, meaning he cant shoot you. Often if you show that mine he'll jump out, leaving you with a nice tank. Same applies for C4 by the way.

11: If an enemy engineer jumps out of that armor to fix it, you can either kill him and then take the tank, or just jump in the tank and move.

12: To prevent the above from happening to you, make sure you arent standing still when repairing, it makes you a sniper sweetest target. Just move from side to side. Also, if you are sure a teammate wont try and steal your tank or there are many enemy's nearby, lay a mine first to prevent it from being taken by the enemy, just dont forget to remove it before you go ;).

13: You can remove enemy mines, but you can also destroy them, keep that in mind if you have to take out enemy mines, why take the chance of being sniped eh?

14: You can repair bridges, but you cant destroy them and there are no hiding spots for mines on bridges, if its a busy bridge, leave it until ordered otherwise.

15: For some stupid reason, it takes up to 10 seconds for a mine to go active, laying a mine on a road where a tank will be in a few seconds, wont help...
    Claymores:

1: You only got two, unlike the 5 mines and 5 C4 packs, so use them well.

2: A claymore will only detonate TOWARDS the direction you place it. So if place a claymore facing north, it will only detonate when someone comes FROM the north and is heading south.

3: Claymores will still blow backways, but the radius of that is much smaller and you'll often need to have the enemy to walk over them.

4: Claymores have a radius of 10m, which is pretty big for such a little thing.

5: Claymores are the least liked and least used explosive, make use of this, the enemy wont expect claymores on the battlefield that much. If you are MEC on karkand, lay a claymore on that corner just south of the USMC flag near that building or under those concrete pipes.

6: Claymores are more known for teamkills and what applies to enemies said on tip 5 applies to friendlies as well.

7: There is no shame in laying a claymore on the enemy commander.

8: Claymore are very good antisniper weapons. If you just sniped one, go to his spot if possible and lay a claymore on his position, works great.

9: You can use claymores as a decoy as well. If you are spotted, but you sniped that guy before he could kill you, just lay a claymore (in a corner, they will check the ladder) and move to a different position. You can get a whole row of kills from the person that way. (From the first sniper kill, the first claymore, then shoot him when he does come up to the roof where you laid it, then lay a claymore on your current position and go back to your old one.)

10: Laying claymores near an enemy supply box can do a great damage, but be careful if there are teammates nearby.

11: Check your ladder now and then, I dont lay claymores on them (I just dont like doing that) so I keep a close on the ladder. If a guy comes up, either snipe him or switch to your pistol.
    If he is almost up, SWITCH TO YOUR KNIFE, its a fool-proof method.

12: Claymores are pretty tiny, making them excellent for laying in grass and bushes.

13: If you laid a claymore, it will be active after 3 seconds, after that, it will kill you too, if you dont like its positon afterwards, throw a grenade.

14: Like with mines, claymores can be destroyed by explosives and armor.

BF2 Name: Thez(NL)
    BF2142 Names:
    Thierry(NL) (Sniper)
    Dikkiedik(NL) (Assault)
    Kittekat(NL) (Engineer)
    Dimi(NL) (Support)

Re: Mines/C4/Claymores

Sounds exactly what we do in the 4th :). Great post, you deserve some +rep. [IMG=http://www.tacticalgamer.com/images/smilies/icon14.gif]The +rep Hand :D.[/IMG]

Comment

Your welcome :)
      I'll be doing guides on othe classes and weapon as well later on

BF2142 Names:
      Thierry(NL) (Sniper)
      Dikkiedik(NL) (Assault)
      Kittekat(NL) (Engineer)
      Dimi(NL) (Support)

Comment

Nice nuggets of information there. There were several I wasn't aware of too. Great guide. +rep.
        Beatnik

Comment

Quite a comprehensive list you have there. You must like to blow stuff up.

Comment

Originally posted by James315
            Quite a comprehensive list you have there. You must like to blow stuff up.
            No really? :)

BF2142 Names:
            Thierry(NL) (Sniper)
            Dikkiedik(NL) (Assault)
            Kittekat(NL) (Engineer)
            Dimi(NL) (Support)

Comment

Originally posted by Thierry
              7: There is no shame in laying a claymore on the enemy commander.
              :icon_lol:

My $0.02 on claymores. A claymore at the top of a tall ladder can keep your back safe but is also a big giveaway. People are getting wiser and starting to check for claymores before they climb all the way up, and if I see a claymore at the top of a ladder and no friendly I'll check the rooftop for hostile snipers. A claymore at the top of a short ladder will get grenaded off.

My preference for claymores is to hide them on the rooftop in a position where they won't be visible from the ladder but will still get anybody trying to climb up and attack you.

Another one of my favorite claymore tricks is to hide one pointing at a flag you want to defend.

Comment

Great job Thierry! I'm using the Spec Ops kit more and more so this gives me some great ideas. Thanks!

+ rep for going to all the trouble to research and type this up.

Comment

C4 point 11 is using a glitch to hide the mine is it not? other than that, great post :)
                  Jex.

Comment

One question: I've started to specialize in Spec Op, and I've noticed lately that if I place my last two C4s on a tank and then start running often they go off as soon as I start to run away. I'm careful not to push the mouse/fire button, but it's acting as if I did. Only when I placed the last two and start to sprint away.

Comment

Anyone know how wide the arc of the claymore is concerning both its kill range and trigger range? How far off centerline is this radius? What's the trigger range and kill range for the claymore?
                      Xbox Live Gamertag: TG ABRA
                      live.xbox.com/member/TG ABRA
                      Friend me!

Comment

Originally posted by umbra
                        One question: I've started to specialize in Spec Op, and I've noticed lately that if I place my last two C4s on a tank and then start running often they go off as soon as I start to run away. I'm careful not to push the mouse/fire button, but it's acting as if I did. Only when I placed the last two and start to sprint away.
                        Sometimes you'll get a weird lag, for instance, if your drop a C4 and then switch to your detonator before the pack hits the ground it will switch back to C4 and lay another pack when you hit the detonator. Maybe it sometimes works in reverse as well.

Originally posted by jex
                        C4 point 11 is using a glitch to hide the mine is it not? other than that, great post :)
                        Not so much really, it just happens from time to time, like on USMC bridge on Kubra just a little south of the USMC UCB

BF2142 Names:
                        Thierry(NL) (Sniper)
                        Dikkiedik(NL) (Assault)
                        Kittekat(NL) (Engineer)
                        Dimi(NL) (Support)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement