OK Tactic Fans!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OK Tactic Fans!

The tactical minicamp I proposed is a go. Apophis secured us time on the scrim server Monday nights so be sure and thank him if you see him.

This Monday we'll be doing a dry run with the minicamp instructors and a few guinea pigs.

But the following Monday the 28th look out for some HOTT XXX TACTICAL ACTION.

In the meantime if you are interested in making this a reality PM me! We can find something for you to do that suits the level of involvement you're interested in. Whether you want to race a buggy around while our participants practice the blitz defense, or drive an APC while they practice their Air support request Teamspeak binds there's a spot. Or better yet share your 1337 skills with the community by leading some TGers through a drill or two.

Something tells me I don't have to ask for suggestions on minicamp topics that they will mystically and magically appear in this thread anyway. But openning minicamp is still 12 days away(probably Monday the 28th) so they'll be plenty of time for that later as well.

In the meantime your homework is to go out and see Jarhead. J/k but I have a feeling we won't be able to get through a minicamp without someone reenacting their favorite boot camp scenes from a war movie. 00-rah...
    Xbox Live Gamertag: TG ABRA
    live.xbox.com/member/TG ABRA
    Friend me!

Re: OK Tactic Fans!

Originally posted by ABRA
    But the following Monday the 28th look out for some HOTT XXX TACTICAL ACTION.
    oh man, i need to start doing some crunches so my abs aren't the WORST looking of the whole lot of you.

but seriously, what time do you think things are going to kick off each monday??

Comment

This is just another scheme to get my flying secrets isn't it? You'll never get them, you hear me, NEVER! :icon19:

I might pop in once in a while to help with flying, tv missling, leading planes with guns, and useing AA missles correctly if need be.

I'm getting kind of bored of the flying BF2 anyway, so we need some new top notch pilots to fill the void. Now, dogfighting in BF42 is still intense, even after 4 years of playing it.
      |TG-33rd|Dark_Viper

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Viper
        This is just another scheme to get my flying secrets isn't it? You'll never get them, you hear me, NEVER! :icon19:

I might pop in once in a while to help with flying, tv missling, leading planes with guns, and useing AA missles correctly if need be.

I'm getting kind of bored of the flying BF2 anyway, so we need some new top notch pilots to fill the void. Now, dogfighting in BF42 is still intense, even after 4 years of playing it.
        Oh...damn...oh well, one must do what one must :P
        Seriously though, is there a large difference in the intensity of aerial combat between the two games?

[conduct][volun][drill][sg-c1][tpf-c1]
        |TG-2nd|munchkin
        Nec aspera terrent.

Comment

Also Viper, if you retire from piloting, you'll need to pass your skills onto someone - a protege, if you will. I accept :)

|TG-2nd|munchkin
          Nec aspera terrent.

Comment

Originally posted by munchkin
            Oh...damn...oh well, one must do what one must :P
            Seriously though, is there a large difference in the intensity of aerial combat between the two games?
            O yes sir, there most definatly is. The maps are bigger, the planes are slower, and you only get cannons. You can sneak up behind your opponent and waste him in 1/2 a sec. Which means that you are constantly looking all around you for enemies in there air. The guns in BF2 are pretty weak, it takes at least a good 2 seconds of gunfire to down a plane, which is more than enough time for them to go into evasive dodging. Plus the AA in 42 is 110% effective, meaning you have to watch out for enemies on the ground too.
            |TG-33rd|Dark_Viper

Comment

Originally posted by munchkin
              Also Viper, if you retire from piloting, you'll need to pass your skills onto someone - a protege, if you will. I accept :)
              I didn't say I was retiring, just beginning to have more fun on the ground. And if I did pick somebody, it would have to be somebody outside of VMFA to actually give you guys a challenge.
              |TG-33rd|Dark_Viper

Comment

I didn't say I was retiring, just beginning to have more fun on the ground. And if I did pick somebody, it would have to be somebody outside of VMFA to actually give you guys a challenge.
                Hmm..okay. Excuse me, I need to go get me some brainscanning monkeys to steal your flying secrets.

|TG-2nd|munchkin
                Nec aspera terrent.

Comment

Okay i can take a hint. Of course i'll be your apprentice Viper :D. I'm honored.

---

Comment

Hello, my name is Murnchkin. I'm Munchkin's twin who is not in the VMFA-531. Teach me all!

|TG-2nd|munchkin
                    Nec aspera terrent.

Comment

How about two control points, one attacks and the other defends using the native vehicles. The attackers use the MA blitz and we time how long it takes for them to cap the flag, then we switch. As a variant the attackers can use SL-shuffling so we can see how best to eradicate an attacking force while holding onto the flag.

Comment

Well some of our core instructors need to start earlier so probably 8 or 9 EST (GMT-5). It could also vary depending on who's interested and when they want to start. But basically as long as there are people there who are willing to run drills and people willing to run through them.

It is currently open to non-supporting members as well.

That seems like a worthwhile topic James. Something else though, we should've adopted widespread use of the air support SOP yesterday. I'm looking to cover that so get your TS bound up if you haven't already. And if you're in a plane for the love of God change your name to USMCPilot1, etc.
                        Friend me!

Comment

After successful completion training sessions, participants should also receive a mini-diploma.

Comment

Heh, I was actually thinking of some sort of sig badges we could give out for completeing certain minicamps. Something more immediately intelligable like chevrons or ranks rather than the gay pride rainbow ribbons everyone seems to love so much :P
                            Friend me!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse