Arty on SF

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arty on SF

Last night, it was brought to my attention whilst the reluctant CO in SF that the use of Artillery may be frowned upon in SF - I remembered a thread about it but didn't know if there was a conclusive decision on the subject.

I stopped using artillery and tried to raise an Admin on TS, with no luck, I think it was a small lapse between shifts. There were a few friendly voices that answered in TS that they thought on some maps that was so but nothing conclusive - nor which maps might be considered 'no-arty'.

Arty seemed adequate for the map scenario so I continued after a few minutes of trying - So where are we on this? Any ideas? I personally believe that there are maps where arty is not an appropriate tool - stealth scenarios are the most obvious.
    sigpic

Re: Arty on SF

Its not technicaly "illigal" to use, but alot of times when theres not many people on the server players will set up certain rules to keep the game in interesting, for example only going after certain flags, or n armor, or no arty

I do wish we can get a Sf tactical mod going, Wich I think the higher ups are working on :)

I personally think that the use of arty on a server with 5 people on each team is stupid
    "The Taoist sage has no ambitions, therefore he can never fail. He who never fails always succeeds. And he who always succeeds is all- powerful." -- Lao Tzu

ingame name: Zuiquan1

Comment

Maybe if there is only 10 people on the server than it won't be appropriate. But my view is that sf has a lot of indoor places and generally a lot more cover. It just seems like arty strikes would be more welcome here than in vanilla.

Comment

I've said it before and I'll say it again, arty has no place in SF.

I don't even like it in vanilla, but it at least makes sense.

Actually, It would make the game a helluva lot more fun if you had a set amount of arty drops based off of the ticket ratio or time limit, whichever was higher.

The only reason I say that, is because the effect of arty is very well done in bf2, and its a sight to watch it demolishing a CP. Used sparingly, it does add tactical value if both CO's use it at the right time. As it is, you can have a stupid arty drop to kill one sniper in the woods and then spam another arty drop 30 seconds later.

If you only had 5 arty drops a round this would not happen.

Comment

The reason people don't like arty in Special Forces is that often, the TG server doesn't have enough people or we're playing on a smaller map. Play Gulf of Oman with 16 guys and you'll hate arty just as much as you do in SF.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X