No announcement yet.

Down to one flag? Try this, commanders.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Down to one flag? Try this, commanders.

Your team is hemmed in, the enemy army is attacking from all sides, your squads are getting mudered and they can't find a hole to break out. The situation is looking grim.

What do you do?

Get your helo gunner out of the attack chopper and put your best squad leader in there!

Have the helo pilot drop him behind the lines with his squad ready to spawn
    and take a flag

This seems like a viable tactic to me and i know it would have saved my team's bacon a few times, but all i ever hear is "that would be too hard to coordinate"

How hard is it? How hard do you want to win this map? I have lost too many games when all it took was for the gunner to give up his seat for a minute.

..............................I mostly refer to sharqi but i suppose this tactic would be usefull on any map with air assets and transport choppers just cant do the job(or arent available)

comments/suggestions?

Re: Down to one flag? Try this, commanders.

To be honoust: A good commander wouldn't have let it get so far ;).
    The other day I started playing on a rankingserver on a loosing team but then I tryed the commander part. I found out all my squads had VC (or almost all) and we had a winning streak of 10 maps before we ended up having no more opposition...
    A few guys might show up on these forums. 8)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Sharqi and Karkand by definition start with it "that far". One side has only its uncappable flags. So this would work as an opening gambit.
      Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

well that would work on sharqi, but not karkand, no chopper ;)
        "The Taoist sage has no ambitions, therefore he can never fail. He who never fails always succeeds. And he who always succeeds is all- powerful." -- Lao Tzu

ingame name: Zuiquan1

Comment

We call it a hot drop :) An SL flyies, and then another member spawns on him, then that member, now the gunner, makes a quick squad (Insert), and drops out on a flag. The Squad members spawn as soon as the SL lands. Rinse, wash, repeat.

Comment

Pretty shure that tactic would be frowned upon here.

---

Comment

could you elaborate penguin? i dont see how using this tactic would go against any of the values lauded in this community.

im not big on the idea of the chopper gunner starting a new squad, i figured an already formed squad leader would take a ride in the a chopper

Comment

Originally posted by freekyE
                could you elaborate penguin? i dont see how using this tactic would go against any of the values lauded in this community.
                Try a search on "jet insertions". This topic has had a pretty thorough discussion in several different threads. Although the focus is mostly on using a jet for "transporting" a squad, I believe the same thoughts apply to attack helicopters as well because they also are not intended for soldier transportation and could not realistically transport a squad.

Comment

Im pretty much against it. The only time we used it were both in dragon valley and zatar wetlands against MA. We knew from a previous scrim that they had employed those tactics, and the only way to compete was to do it ourselfs. It wasnt too much to give up to at least give us a fighting chance. Luckily, from now on were only gonna scrim guys that adhere to our rules, so we dont need to worry about it anymore. :)

Comment

Originally posted by WNxRabidFurby
                    The Squad members spawn as soon as the SL lands. Rinse, wash, repeat.
                    Hrmm.. just curious - I haven't noticed.. can SM's spawn on the SL while in 'mid-drop'.. opening chutes when they appear? That could be interesting to see I would think.

This is kind of along the lines of jet insertion I believe.. should be a searchable topic.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SgtDuke
                      Try a search on "jet insertions". "
                      Ahhh.. beat me to it..
                      [read] "P8riot - Read the thread before posting!" :madsmile:
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by P8riot
                        Hrmm.. just curious - I haven't noticed.. can SM's spawn on the SL while in 'mid-drop'.. opening chutes when they appear? That could be interesting to see I would think.
                        Nope. Can't spawn on the SL if he is on a ladder either.

Despite these jet insertions being frowned upon, I still see TG tagged players doing them, especially on Zatar. An empty jet floating just past the center island flag is a dead giveaway.
                        Battlefield Admin() ()
                        [volun2][medic][defense3][eng2][support]
                        [sg-c1][gchq-c1][tog-c1][ma-c1][taw-c1][tg-c2]
                        | for | |

Comment

Originally posted by perry
                          Despite these jet insertions being frowned upon, I still see TG tagged players doing them, especially on Zatar. An empty jet floating just past the center island flag is a dead giveaway.
                          There is a difference between grabbing the |TG| tag because you think it looks cool, and actually understanding, internalizing, and implementing what it stands for.

Which group do you think the "jet-insertion" guys fall into?

In other words, they are, or should be, short timers.

Comment

Originally posted by WNxRabidFurby
                            We call it a hot drop :) An SL flyies, and then another member spawns on him, then that member, now the gunner, makes a quick squad (Insert), and drops out on a flag. The Squad members spawn as soon as the SL lands. Rinse, wash, repeat.
                            Also, from how I read this it sounds very close to active SL switching for the purpose of creating a new spawn point. This tactic is not permitted on our server.
                            Beatnik

Comment

Yeah, I didnt think it would be permitted. I dont play on the TG server. I'm either in the wnx server getting it started with some people or in a game with another wnx member.

[random]Unlocks, BOO!![/random]

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X