I need a MEDIC !!!!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need a MEDIC !!!!!!

This goes out to all that play the medic kit on a regular basis or have before. I wanted to gather some tips / techniques to improve my game play and make me a better medic. Iím more concerned with what I can do better to help out the squad and then the bigger picture of the whole team.

I have been trying to keep the SL alive and healthy as best as possible and doing the same for the rest of the squad as needed. I make sure to throw as many med packs as I can in a good location if we are defending a flag or try to keep everyone healthy when attacking a position.

I really donít worry too much about trying to get a lot of kills; of coarse I will shoot if the opportunity presents itself!! LOL The well being of the SL and the squad is my main concern.

I guess I gravitated to the medic kit because of my real job as a Fire Fighter / Paramedic here where I live. Keeping people and co workers alive is what I do on a daily basis; I just donít get shot at quite as much in the processÖ LOL

So what are your thoughts and advice/ techniques?

Thanks!
    Bill

|TG-33rd|BigBill

Re: I need a MEDIC !!!!!!

Tips I could give you are based off of good medics that have played on my squad. Play as a second squad leader, and shadow him on the field. If need be, stay behind him so that you can see the SL fall when it happens. It's easy to be concentrating on firing and miss a necessary revive. The most important revive you can make on an attack is the SL, other guys on your squad are important, but DO NOT LET THE SL FALL. A revive not only saves a ticket, but realistically puts your teammate back on the battlefield in less than 20 seconds, and in firing position already.

If you are moving in for a revive, already have your paddles warmed up before making your revive dive. Do not use your Run speed unless you need to so that you can quickly make it to a fallen teammate. Keep an eye on your minimap as it tells you where the action is coming from. Med Packs out all the time, on route to a flag, at the flag, everywhere except directly on the SL's position on an attack (The enemy can see you throwing med packs).

During Artillery, pull the med bag out so that you can heal during the barrage. Evil Lemon once revived me as SL on Wake inbetween shell 3 and shell 5 (Unreal) so be ready for that to happen.

That's all I can think of at the moment.

Lucky Shot

Comment

Big Bill you’re doing a great job as a medic. I have never see you shoot a shot in game but just keeping everybody alive in my squad and others is hard enough and thank for that.
      [TG-5th JTF] LuNiSiCx
      5th Joint Task Force

[squadl]
      [ma-c1][ma-c2]

Comment

Also, keep an eye on your minimap for revives. You shouldnt have to ask very much where the SL is down so that you can revive him. Just look at your minimap and navigate that way.

The only times you wont know where the SL is down is if your in a multy story area and it depends which floor hes on. But, you should probably already be on the floor he is on anyway.

Comment

Ok I can give a few tips out:

1) When a squadmate goes down, do not immediately grab your paddles. Keep your rifle up, go to his position, and make sure the immediate area is clear first. There is no point in reviving him just for both of you to get shot right afterwards. Suicide reviving is only to be used in certain situations, and a good squad leader will inform you if it's one of those times. This lesson has been a hard one for me to learn. I've conditioned myself to get revive tunnel vision, and breaking that habit is a work in progress.

2) Drop med packs behind cover. Don't make them run out into the open to get them.

3) If you get shot, fall back behind cover, drop a med pack, and teabag it...I mean sit on it. You heal faster. If you are running away from something you can also chuck med packs in front of you and run over them without having to stop.

4) You should stay close to the squad leader, but don't stare at his back. Glance at the minimap regularly and quickly to make sure you are near him, but for the most part keep your eyes open for threats.

5) If you see a downed squadmate in a doorway or around a corner, if no friendlies are on the minimap in that position, feel free to throw a frag grenade on his body. This will hopefully eliminate any immediate threat in the area or at least scare them away, that way you can revive your mate. But don't forget point #1.

6) Although you are a supporting class, do not underestimate your killing potential. The M16 is deadly accurate in semi-auto. You can see this used to great effect on Karkand during the river stand off. Drop med packs, keep your buddies up, and snipe away. The AK-101 goes without saying--one of the best assault rifles in the game. Use it.

More to come...
          |TG|Delta_Swift

Comment

Just always stay behind the SL, not in front, and always have packs under your feet if you aren't moving. If you're going to engage someone that doesn't see you (from behind a wall or something) drop 1-2 packs at your feet before opening fire so if he turns around and shoots you, you'll auto-heal yourself.

Comment

about the only thing I do that the others have not mentioned is I try to be an extra set of eyes... just because I dont intend to combat the enemy doesn't mean I cant point out where the threats are from a safe distance...

the advantage of being a medic is you can stick your head out, spot the enemy then take cover and heal if you took any hits... but often your far enough back that the enemy was not concerned
              "Victory without Honor, is Pointless..."
              "I regret that I only have 1 life per spawn, to give to my team...."

Comment

Originally posted by lunisicx
                Big Bill youíre doing a great job as a medic. I have never see you shoot a shot in game but just keeping everybody alive in my squad and others is hard enough and thank for that.
                thanks luni I know I've kept your butt alive alot !! LOL , but I just want to see what I could do to be even a better team player / medic..

oh and btw I do get a shot off every now and then when you aren't looking !

Originally posted by lucky shot
                Tips I could give you are based off of good medics that have played on my squad. Play as a second squad leader, and shadow him on the field. If need be, stay behind him so that you can see the SL fall when it happens. It's easy to be concentrating on firing and miss a necessary revive. The most important revive you can make on an attack is the SL, other guys on your squad are important, but DO NOT LET THE SL FALL. A revive not only saves a ticket, but realistically puts your teammate back on the battlefield in less than 20 seconds, and in firing position already.
                Lucky thanks for the tips you posted. I really try to do the above as the most important priority. I try to shadow the SL as best as I can always keeping an eye on the mini map looking where that # dot is. Keeping the paddles out before running towards a downed SL or team mate makes a lot of sense also. I try to do that but sometimes I forget until I make that dive !

Originally posted by Delta_Swift
                1) When a squadmate goes down, do not immediately grab your paddles. Keep your rifle up, go to his position, and make sure the immediate area is clear first. There is no point in reviving him just for both of you to get shot right afterwards. Suicide reviving is only to be used in certain situations, and a good squad leader will inform you if it's one of those times. This lesson has been a hard one for me to learn. I've conditioned myself to get revive tunnel vision, and breaking that habit is a work in progress.
                Delta all good points you posted and Hell yes I used to think I could revive / heal anybody anywhere anytime and what happened? I got the revive point and then both he and I got smoked by an enemy just waiting for my revive !! That is a hard habit to break and it's really hard to learn when to go and revive and when to stay put.

Thanks for all the posts from everyone else who has posted also, All this helps alot.

Anybody else got some tidbits of medic knowledge they want to share?

Thanks guys !
                Bill

|TG-33rd|BigBill

Comment

First nature of every player should be to run when the arty drops. Commanders know that the arty never hits the zero, it hits in a ring around the outside of their marker. When that first round hits, sprint away from it. You have a 50/50 shot of sprinting out of the circle.

I do this anyway, but especially as medic. If I can survive the arty rounds, I can sometimes revive enough of the squad to keep moving.

It's been said but I'll say it again. Throw medpacks everywhere. If you stick in the front of the column when moving throw them down so your mates behind can heal up while on the move.

And to reinforce for a couple guys who've played on my squads of late ... THROW that medpack, even if it's your last one. Your mate will get 100% health instantly, rather than the slow heal.

On D make a pile of medpacks somewhere handy.

While moving, check up on guys dug in as you pass. Throw that sniper a medpack so he can crawl over it when he needs it. I like to cover my CO in medpacks when passing by, though he usually never knows.

When on transport chopper duty, and if I'm flying, I like to be a medic to heal the guys who are more exposed.

That's what comes to mind this late. A lot of good medic work is being at the right place at the right time. Get good at that. Maybe you'll get a guest spot on Grey's Anatomy.

Comment

Do you play on any ranked servers? If you dont that i suggest you get your first set of unlocks because the l85A1 is an brilliant gun especially for shooting at medium range a must have unlock for any medic

Comment

Originally posted by SPOOKS_UK
                      Do you play on any ranked servers? If you dont that i suggest you get your first set of unlocks because the l85A1 is an brilliant gun especially for shooting at medium range a must have unlock for any medic

Spooks,

Yes I still play on the public ranked servers from time to time but not as much as here on TG where the game is played as it should be. I have yet to find any good team work on other servers. The unlocks are cool I suppose but they aren't used here on TG. So you have to "make do" with the M16A2 if you play the medic kit.

Thanks for the reply !
                      Bill

|TG-33rd|BigBill

Comment

I only see two basic rules for the medic.

Always know where your SL is. Try to follow the squad leader, but stay ahead of the rest of the squad, laying down medpacks as you go. Keep the squad leader alive and happy - revive him first, and stay near him if the rest of the squad goes on the offensive.

DO NOT revive someone unless you have scanned the area for enemy. There is no point in reviving somone back into an all-out firefight. Also be aware that the enemy will sometimes wait for you to revive before shooting, so always be ready to cover that man in case fire comes up at the last minute.

Comment

A question about medpacks. Being a regular of RTCW: ET, by that I mean playing online every day, I usually play as medic and when you lay medpacks down in that game, they disappear after a short while. As I can't play BF2 until my new computer arrives at the end of the month my question is do medpacks in BF2 also disappear after a short while?
                          |TG-E1st| India51A

Comment

Originally posted by AMosely
                            DO NOT revive someone unless you have scanned the area for enemy. There is no point in reviving somone back into an all-out firefight. Also be aware that the enemy will sometimes wait for you to revive before shooting, so always be ready to cover that man in case fire comes up at the last minute.
                            Second that, and be aware that spamming medpacs all over will reveal your position. Check pic below, thats a picture of a common supportfailure, but its about the same thing for medics ;)

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c3...nd/snaiper.jpg
                            "That is not an ordinary rabbit ... 'tis the most foul cruel and bad-tempered thing you ever set eyes on ... that rabbit's got a vicious streak. It's a killer"

Comment

Originally posted by India51A
                              A question about medpacks. Being a regular of RTCW: ET, by that I mean playing online every day, I usually play as medic and when you lay medpacks down in that game, they disappear after a short while. As I can't play BF2 until my new computer arrives at the end of the month my question is do medpacks in BF2 also disappear after a short while?
                              Good question. I know they disappear but I haven't figured out the exact science of it yet. They will stick around for quite a long time, but I believe if you keep spamming them out there either disappear at a faster rate, or they disappear according to a max limit allowed out and a first in first out principle. For instance, if that max is 5 and you have 5 out there, if you throw an additional pack down (for a grand total of 6) then the first one you threw down will disappear.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X