Tank vs Tank... 1 shot.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tank vs Tank... 1 shot.

i thought this was very neat thing to mention. i think it will be hard as well too keep in mind.

check it out though... note there is a video to go with it... read the picture and then watch the video... you'll be amazed.

http://www.secretsofbattlefield.com/tankvstank.html

Re: Tank vs Tank... 1 shot.

great find B....+rep
    that sounds like a good idea trooper.
    -Vulcan

Comment

dang , you beat me to it trooper.... that is an amazing vid though

Comment

Yeah, it's of great use when both you and the enemy are standing completely still and you are close enough that the tank shell doesn't drop noticeably and also you aren't getting shot at enough to mess up your aim and etc.

You can go ahead and try to ricochet a tank shell off of me. I'll shoot for the sides, back, and tracks like I always have and we'll see who has better luck. It's one thing to hit a stationary target when you're 5 feet away and not moving or getting shot at. It's another thing to shoot halfway across the map while you're both going at full speed and aiming in seperate directions from which you're moving.

Comment

I wonder if the same physics apply to the infantry AT missile.
          --
          VI VI VI - the number of the beast

Comment

Originally posted by PanzerHans
            I wonder if the same physics apply to the infantry AT missile.
            early morning server seeders - you got a mission.

Comment

Nice find B. I think this would be tough to replicate in combat, but in the right situation this could come in handy.
              |TG|Delta_Swift

Comment

Okay I've just spent an hour on a local server working on this. Here are my findings:

I. After just a couple tries, it becomes very easy to regularly ricochet shot off of the tank, into the background. It's pretty cool. The direction of the ricochet is difficult to control.

II. There is a "trap" on the tanks, at the place where the turret meets the hull. Usually it takes 10 bars but sometimes it takes more.

III. It's somewhat difficult to intentionally ricochet shots into the tank, but with a bit of practice I could succesfully get some kind of double hit 8 times out of 10.

III-i. There are different flavors of ricochet. The least fruitful will bounce off of the front armor into the fully-armored turret. The net loss is about 10 bars, or half the health of the tank.

III-ii. The middle damage ricochet will bounce off the front armor and into the 10 bar trap shot, netting about 15 bars; this shot will take the tank into or near the red, depending on the breaks.

III-iii. The most damaging ricochet was featured in the video with a bounce off of the front armor and into the "critical" trap shot, killing the tank outright.

IV. Like I said earlier, I could succesfully ricochet-shot a stationary tank at close range 8 out of 10 times. Of these, six will be of the middle type, taking about 15 bars, one will kill the tank outright, and one will take only 10 bars.

V. I couldn't get the AT missile to bounce on the tank. I've heard reports elsewhere about succesful AT bounce shots, and will keep trying. I can get a 10 bar trap shot on the tank, but not a bounce-trap shot and certainly not a critical trap shot.

V-i. I am able to bounce shot the US attack helo with the AT missile. This only seems to work about 1 out 4 times on a stationary chopper, and takes it into the red.

VI. You can ricochet side impacts and rear tank vs. tank shots for instant kills. I can double hit the side of the tank about 50% of the time from 100 yards, leaving the recipient in the red. This shot is not that hard. I can also double hit the rear of the tank. Surprisingly, this does not regularly kill the tank outright, but will bring them deep into the red.

VII. Triple bouncies! I have had several occasions where a shot hit the tank twice and then bounced off into a hill or tree.
                Last edited by Nikolas; 01-13-2006, 03:19 PM.
                A policy of freedom for the individual is the only truly progressive policy. -F.A. Hayek

"$250,000 a year won't get me to Central Park West."

Comment

The tanks need a redesign so badly.

Comment

Originally posted by Arf
                    Agreed. USMC tanks should have side-impact air bags.

Comment

They don't need any freaking redesign, okay? Go on a server where actual PEOPLE are driving the tanks around, and try this. Good luck. A moving, shooting target is worlds different from a stationary one. This is like making a video showing someone picking off 8 soldiers in a row with the SVD sniper rifle. Yes, you can do that if you just get a bunch of headshots, but it's COMPLETELY DIFFERENT when you're in combat versus shooting unmoving dummies.

Comment

This would explain why I died in one shot at times, the shell hits first time, does damage, hits again and dead

BF2 Name: Thez(NL)
                        BF2142 Names:
                        Thierry(NL) (Sniper)
                        Dikkiedik(NL) (Assault)
                        Kittekat(NL) (Engineer)
                        Dimi(NL) (Support)

Comment

Originally posted by Arf
                          Remember I PM'd you about this? Arf did this to me on Karkand, I was in the Abrams, he was in the Jihadi tank. He took me out with 1 shot, I was at full health. Nice to know why it happened now :D

Comment

I think it's pretty cool.
                            A policy of freedom for the individual is the only truly progressive policy. -F.A. Hayek

"$250,000 a year won't get me to Central Park West."

Comment

Originally posted by JMJ
                              Remember I PM'd you about this? Arf did this to me on Karkand, I was in the Abrams, he was in the Jihadi tank. He took me out with 1 shot, I was at full health. Nice to know why it happened now :D
                              Actually that was a completely different shot. So there is yet another but more obscure location to one shot a tank.

Tanks that are just as vulnerable to attack from the front as the rear is blasphemy in my opinion :row__594:

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X