The most powerful weapon...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The most powerful weapon...

Without a doubt the most powerful weapon in the game is not the C4, or a tank, or helo or any asset... it is however the radar...

If in any given situation you know where the enemy is, and they do not know where you are, your 90% likly to kill them rather then be the one killed (even if you used a pistol)

If you spy a tank and you cant kill it, report it to others and leave it alone... there is no sence in getting its attention, the anti tank guys love the sound of them blowing up, and the helos live for chewing up armour... this is why the radar is so stong... any member of any squad can use their best abilitys on targets as long as they know where the targets are...

So there are 4 aspects of the radar I'd like to point out...

1- Zoom... When zoomed out all the way, your only really good for seeing which flags are captured and nothing else... its sometimes useful to fast movers to plan bombing runs...
    The 2nd zoom level is the best for general purpose, not only do you get to see targets well within ranges, you will also get visuals of just outside of range... as an added bonus at this zoom you also get to see if any assets are unused... its very handy to know if theres an unused tank at a loction before you assult it because of 2 things... 1 you could steal it, and 2 that the enemy probably arnt spawning at this flag and arnt defending it...
    Also if a set asset like an anti air is not visible, then its either destroyed, or theres an enemy in it, take him out at leisure..
    The last level of zoom is very focused to the point of almost useless, I recommend this only if your trying to find a hidden sniper up close...

2- The spotted command... for both infantry and the commander can be used to point out individual targets... if I had my way I'd wish everyone on my team would use the spotted command on a target they are trying to kill before they shoot, this way if you fail you have alerted your entire team of the threat and they can back you up...
    Ths command is very useful to friendly planes and helos who are dancing around each other and when they lose sight, they can get in a volitile situation... if a ground force spots and enemy plane on my tail, it gives me more time to avoid etc etc....
    If you try and spot a target but get the red '?' your commander can assist by using his spotted command (if uav is not avaliable), the commanders spotted command is much broader in scope and the enemy only has to be near enough to the location the commander spots for them to get pointed out... so if your in command and you see and infantrys spotted command fails, go ahead and do a locolised spotted on that location to help em out before going into a full UAV or scan sweep... if you spot an enemy that you cant kill, then avoid it till it gets bored and moves away... just dont throw effort after foolishness trying to kill a tank with nades, sure they hurt it, but the tank will probably win more tickets then you'll lose...

3- UAV - by far the most useful commander tool to ground forces... scan is nice for the commander to see if anyones sneeking, but keeping a UAV over your most productive squads or frontlines of battle will help to no end, if you thought the squad was good when they didn't know where the enemy was, you watch when they know exactally where to shoot... on the same note dont bother using the UAV when theres only 1 or 2 targets... just spot them out and save the UAV for somewhere more effective to your forces...
    As a side note, the UAV is my #1 target when I'm special ops, with the scanner being a close #2... the reason being, the UAV will screw up the enemys ability to see friendly forces, and killing the scanner first will just alert the commander that your sneeking around anyway and he will spot you out for the enemy, when possible take out both (use 3 C4's on the UAV so it takes a long time to repair)

4- Lastly the scanner a nice commander tool for seeing sneek attacks, the only problem being you have to be a dedicated to the task of being a scanning commander, and if the enemy is a fast mover, they will probably go undetected (or unspotted)... as the sweep goes over, use the spotted command on any targets with priority given to anything not in UAV range near friendly forces and also spot any sneek attackers...
    on the same note Squad leaders (and actually all members) should pay attention when the commander spots targets, not all commanders use voice so you have to go with the flow (this does not apply on TG servers as command should use voice)...

So to close this one off just remember, if the enemy doesn't know where you are, you can cap a flag by yourself... you can plant a Tow on an incomming vehicle... you have the power to do what you want, you get to pick and chose the targets that will most benifit your ticket count and preserve your lives...
    learn to pay attention to radar, and try to spot targets before you attemt to kill them

one of the best ways to learn the power of the ingame radar is to be a commander... once you understand the intel your feeding to your squads the more receptive you can be as a squad leader or member
    "Victory without Honor, is Pointless..."
    "I regret that I only have 1 life per spawn, to give to my team...."

Re: The most powerful weapon...

great post.
    --
    I must have some booze. I demand to have some booze.

Comment

Actually I think the most powerful weapon is a TV missile. That thing does like a million damage. Just a heads up.

Comment

hehe yes but its useless if it hits a tree :)

Comment

Big boom. Distracts enemies.

Comment

Some public gamer complained to e today that I did not use the radar (somehow we collided in mid air)

I just groaned and went on with my life rather then debate the use of the radar with the man ;)

Comment

Originally posted by MrPaladin-TPF-
              Some public gamer complained to e today that I did not use the radar (somehow we collided in mid air)

I just groaned and went on with my life rather then debate the use of the radar with the man ;)

a bf2 public player complaining does that happen lol. ( no voip for them ) mute.

yeah the scan i find is very useful the only problem is getting the mouse around to mark all the dots.
              shame you cant drag a big box around the comm screen to highlight them all.

Comment

ohh man imagine the spam :)

en.. en... en... en.. en... enemy sni....enemy vehi... en... en... en... enemy infantry spotted...

actually if theres a large group near the action,,, I uav them... if therees a large group aaway from the action I artillery them (unless needed elsewhere) and if its a straggler... I point them out, someone usually swings by to clean them up

Comment

As others have said before, it is rare to find one guy by himself on TG servers so if you spot the lead guy of a squad or a probable squad leader most SLs will realise it is a full squad threat. You can also communicate more fully to the squad in question by VOIP. Instead of spotting all 6 men of a squad spot one or two in each and then concentrate on snipers and vehicles. Fast moving buggies are critical to get a spot warning on.

Comment

I'm gonna disagree and say the J10 is the most powerful weapon. It makes you invincible if you're a decent pilot and is so maneuverable you can kill everything.

Comment

I'd say Bleed is the most powerful weapon but its ages since i've played so that might of changed.

Vision (which is your post basically) helps use the weapons, alone it is useless if not used correctly. You can have great vision but without the weapons it is wasted, without the vision a great weapon can still do damage.

I did always say go after a commanders UAV/Scan then arty, but you can never remove a players vision+spot funtion (Well using smoke you can). No doubt its a important thing but I would never call it the most powerful weapon.

Comment

Just to be disagreeable: I would ;)

Jets are alright, but they never forced me off a flag. I learnt how to neutralise an air threat when defending a flag..ohh about last August. Sure you get an impressive K-D ratio up there if the guys on the ground aren't aware of how easy it is to avoid death.

Not sure I'd call bleed a weapon as such, more of a result.

But what Paladin is getting at is intel. Effective intel will allow good squads to work absolute miracles. I've led squads defending points against vastly superior enemy, and yet with a UAV overhead I held the flag. Nothing special, it's just defence is about predictability and so anything you can do to anticipate an attack is worth it's weight in gold. Doesn't even need to be a UAV, could just be a warning from the CO.

Comment

Since most of the maps are wide open it's very hard to take cover from a jet. Combine that with someone who has a nice rig and can put geometry to Ultra high and it means he can see armor and infantry from so far away that he can easily reposition mid-flight to gun down whatever he sees. I played this game on all low detail up until 3-4 weeks ago when I got my new PC and the difference between low and ultra high in the distance players appear on screen is significant.

Comment

Since most of the maps are wide open it's very hard to take cover from a jet.
                            hmm.... I'm hard pressed to think of a flag that does not have some sort of air cover from jets. Not saying you would manage to not have your entire squad fully covered from every attack angle every time, but if you are reducing jets to 1 infantry kill per run (which can sometimes even be revived) then I think you are doing pretty well.

Comment

Jets arnt that powerful... they dont cap flags nor defend them too well... tho I have known a few occasions where a jet has saved a flag from being capped by a rogue enemy or two...

but he only knew they were there because of the radar ;)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X