Birds

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Birds

My Squaddies once told me that I took it too seriously, when I told them that when you see birds flying from trees, it means movement under or around the tree. Am I the only one who uses this? It's the one piece of "eye candy" the DOES help.

Re: Birds

Sometimes birds mean nothing. Most of the time, like 99.9% it is an enemy soldier.

Lucky Shot

Comment

I always pay attention to the birds. I can't recall ever seeing them and not seeing a person there.

Comment

I agree, when you see birds, stop moving and drop. Train your sights on where the birds came from.

[volun][drill]
        I'm cannon fodder.

Comment

Yep concur. Birds hang around me as if ive got fatigues stuffed with fish and flap off into the sky at inopportune moments. I had some happy times on the pubs though convincing people that you could shoot them....

Comment

yep, i also agree anytime i see birds i aim in that direction. and anytime i "set birds off" i immediatly look around me to see if an enemy sildier may have noticed the birds.

Comment

Birds are also useful as a distraction, for those that look for them. Rustle up some birds and head into a different direction for an ambush. But I think most of the time no one pays attention to them due to adrenaline rushes.

Originally posted by JimmyTwoHand
              I had some happy times on the pubs though convincing people that you could shoot them....
              Can you really shoot them, cuz I get really hungry during game time.....LOL!!
              KFC anyone?
              |TG-Irr|sgtDFuller

Comment

Where are the birds mostly located?

I see them some times, but I can't name one spot that I know has them.

By the way, ever spot the frogs leaping in the shallow water under the widest bridge (south I think) on mashtuur city?

Comment

Originally posted by BigGaayAl
                  Where are the birds mostly located?

I see them some times, but I can't name one spot that I know has them.

By the way, ever spot the frogs leaping in the shallow water under the widest bridge (south I think) on mashtuur city?
                  Didn't notice the frogs, but you can nade the tree in the Hotel on Mashtuur. I've heard Terns nest there.
                  Last edited by Shafik; 01-17-2006, 12:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shafik
                    Didn't notice the frogs, but you can nade the tree in the Hotel on Mashtuur. I've heard Turnes nest there.
                    Yes I think i've seen those, when I was using my knife to collect some samples from the grass and bushes for my herbarium.

Comment

heh... i always just assume it's me/my squad that's setting off the birds - so i usually ignore them...

Comment

I don't use them often because generally I'm able to see the person without having to bother with birds, but THEORETICALLY it would work if you didn't see the guys coming.

Comment

I think I heard they are going to add a "beastmaster" class in an upcoming booster pack that will allow the player to summon the birds to fight for him or can place bird flocks to act as decoys to distract defenders while the offense sets up their attack.
                          sigpic

Comment

Whenever I am sniping or hiding, I first spread rice around in my field of fire. It attracts the birds who can then serve as my early warning system.

SHAFIK: "I've heard Turnes nest there"

"Turnes? How lovely. If I help you it will be Turnes plus two. Quid pro Quo, I tell you things, you tell me things. Not about the case, about yourself."

Any guesses?
                            Only the dead have seen the end of war.
                            -Plato

Comment

Originally posted by TheRooster1
                              "Turnes? How lovely. If I help you it will be Turnes plus two. Quid pro Quo, I tell you things, you tell me things. Not about the case, about yourself."

Any guesses?
                              You're alright in my book, Rooster! Quid pro quo...yes or no?
                              (i did foul up on the terns spelling)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X