How to talk to one squad only as a commander

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to talk to one squad only as a commander

Hi guys I know this question was answered in previous topics/posts, but that doesn't help me because they use the exact buttons to describe how you can talk to a specific squad. Now I have all those buttons remapped, and I can't figure it out.

Can someone please explain how to do this, by naming the functions of the appropriate buttons as they can be found under options>controls, instead of using the default keyboard layout?

Thank you.

Re: How to talk to one squad only as a commander

It's just whatever button you use to talk to your squad mates with, when your not commadner.

You highlight the squad in your commander screen and then press the squad voip button. Pressing the commander voip button talks to all squads.

Comment

you just click on the squad you want to chat with and then press your team chat button
      that sounds like a good idea trooper.
      -Vulcan

Comment

Use the numbers keys to select the squad number you wish to talk to. The squad will be highlighted on the left and all the members will turn white on the map.

Then use the same PTT button you would use to activate your VOIP to your squad if you were not the CO.

To talk to ALL squads, you use the button you would use if you were SL and needed to talk to the CO.
        Kornkob

I want to move to Theory. Everything works in Theory.

Comment

Ok thanks

Comment

You can also click one squad, hold ctrl, and click another squad. This will select 2 squads, and then using the button that you talk to squad members with allows you to talk to both squads at the same time.

Comment

wow, I didnt know all that
              "The Taoist sage has no ambitions, therefore he can never fail. He who never fails always succeeds. And he who always succeeds is all- powerful." -- Lao Tzu

ingame name: Zuiquan1

Comment

This is a very important feature. It's a little annoying when you get on a big urban map as a squad leader and you've got all your guys talking to you, you've got gunfire ringing in your ears, artillery is falling, and then the commander starts giving individual squad orders on the all squads channel. At that point I can't understand half of what is being said to me, so it's great when commanders use the "talk to specific squad" feature. It saves my sanity and keeps things organized and less confusing.
                |TG|Delta_Swift

Comment

I find that if the Co doesn't identify that he's talking to me specifically that I often miss what he says for that very reason-- I have so much going on as SL. So I try to say 'Squad one (pause) This is the message for you" and when I talk to all the squads I'll say "All Squads, This is a message for all of you"

TIP: don't ask a question on your 'All Squads' channel. All the SLs will answer you at the same time because they cannot hear each other.
                  Kornkob

I want to move to Theory. Everything works in Theory.

Comment

Yes please use this feature. An otherwise good commander, apocalypse, didn't know this trick the other day and I missed half of what he said and half of what my squad said because of the two buzzy comms.

Comment

yeah a Few nights ago I (as someone else in a previous post) nearly got a headache, because the otherwise very good commander was talking constantly. That is why I created this topic, to learn how NOT to irritate people. The other day it left me no opportunity to communicate witch my squad decently.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X