The FLM

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The FLM

Most engagements between two solid squads are a bloody affair and often a very close run fight. I couldn't tell you how many times I have seen a single revive or well placed med-pack mean the difference between capping a flag and losing it. This is where the FLM comes in. A medic is a great flag assaulting class as they have an excellent rifle, and having 4-5 medpacks on a hot flag can add an amazing amount of pressure to capping. Add some timely revives, and an aware squad that will grab the kit if the medic falls, and you can add a hard punch to an assaulting force.

I realize that many of you believe that the best use of a medic is to keep the SL alive. I do agree that that is one of the most important roles a medic can play. However, I also believe there are times when the medic does a lot more good keeping the troops up. Pressure over time can take a flag, that's the importance of keeping an SL up. It can be even more important for defending a flag. However, two solid squads fighting with pressure over time can take a long time to decide the outcome of an attack. Pressure over time also does not garuntee success, and on an important flag, you can expect enemy reinforcements. If taking the flag quickly is a priority, the extra instantaneous pressure an FLM provides is a must.

On heavy infantry based maps, an FLM is so crucial, you should probably consider two medics in a squad; one to keep the SL alive, and one to keep the pressure going. Even when not engaging at a spawn point, the added pressure of an FLM is a must. I can't tell you how many time I've seen engagements between tight squads, when the smoke clears, there is a ton of bodies on the gorund and a medic reviving the entire force of the winning side. It's hard to win a battle when you have to kill everyone twice.

Following are a few things the FLM must keep in mind. Keep constant vigil looking for nades and GL's. They are your worst enemy. If there is a GL, don't do that revive unless you know you can get it before his reload is done. If you see a nade, run. If the nades come in the steady stream of one person throwing, after the 4th is when you revive. If it is a stream thrown by multiple peoples, kill them before attempting revives in nade range. Use your weapons, use your weapons, use your weapons. It is often vital to eliminate a threat before you do the revive. Use cover, cover is your friend. Often, if you are wounded, it's a good idea to drop a med pack on somone you are about to revive, so that when you revive them, you heal yourself. Keep the medpacks where your guys can you them and never, never let them see you sweat. Know when not to revive, know when to kill and know when to revivie. If it's hot and you gotta revive someone, tell them you are about the revive them so that when they get that revive, they react instantly. A lot of peeps complain about the hot revive, saying they are garunteed dead. Well, awareness and immediate action of the revivee will often be the difference between life and death, victory and defeat. Also refer to Big Bill's "I need a Medic" thread. It has some great tips, and I tried not to repeat too much that was said there.

I know a bunch of you will immediately disagree with this post, but I urge you to keep an open mind and try it out. If it doesn't work for you, then it doesn't work. Who knows, you might just like it ;)

Re: The FLM

Originally posted by FPS_Douglas
    If it's hot and you gotta revive someone, tell them you are about the revive them so that when they get that revive, they react instantly. A lot of peeps complain about the hot revive, saying they are garunteed dead. Well, awareness and immediate action of the revivee will often be the difference between life and death, victory and defeat.
    FLM I am guessing it means "front line medic".

This has to be my number one peeve with medics on the same squad with you. Forewarn the person you are about to revive so they can get ready to get back into the action. This is especially true with squad leaders. Many times the SL is in the map screen looking at where to spawn and may not be at all ready if revived.

Good points, Douglas.
    -33rd- BaneII
    Smokers & Jokers

Comment

I almost need 2 medics in my squad at all times. Having a medic who is strong in battle and able to revive those on the flag and a second who acts like a remora fish on the squad leader. The Assault Medic keeps the main four guys up and maintain momentum on the flag. The second medic can shoot at a distance but doesn't lose sight of their main role, maintaining squad momentum by keeping the SL alive. In my squad, that second medic will get as many points as the assault medic as a good medic allows for more aggressive SL's.

Both have their roles, and if effective will lead to a great squad experience.

Lucky Shot

Comment

Must be "Flag Loving Medic"

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed