Blackhawk: Ground suppression

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blackhawk: Ground suppression

This is a tactic that I have used on other servers. It seems to work nicely if there are no jets or your jets are able to gain air superiorty over the enemy.

1. SL spawns as medic
    2. 1 SM spawns as medic
    3. 2 SMs spawn as engineers
    4. 1 SM spawns support
    5. 1 SM spawns as AT

Seat Assignment:
    The squadleader should obtain the Blackhawk and be the pilot. The other medic and the support take the two gun seats. The 2 engineers and the AT take the remaining seats. The pilot needs to know what side the AT is on so that will become the primary firing side.

Mission:
    The objective is to keep the enemy on the ground suppressed with the miniguns and clear a path for ground troops.

Methods:
    1. The CO should direct the SL to provide air support to a squad on the ground.
    2. The pilot should move into a possition near the target with the primary firing side toward the target and either provide a stable platform (DANGEROUS) or circle the target area (Preferable).
    3. The primary gunner will fire into the target area with the following target priorities: AA, Unarmored Vehicles (UVs), manned, fixed MGs then fire at will.
    4. The AT will provide Anti armor support if needed, if no armor, target UVs then spot for inbound squad.
    5. The two engineers are the ones that make this possible. Wrenches out at all times unless authorized by SL. Their objective is to keep the bird in the air and inform SL and gunners of inbound air assets on their side.

Communications:
    The SMs should use the comms freely to call out targets and threats to the SL and other SMs.

Completion:
    When the ground squad completes its objective, the SL with remain in support for a counter attack unless new orders are received.

I have seen this work with great success on several occasions.

Potential Problems:
    Enemy aircraft will attempt to shoot you down. That is a fact. The MEC and Chinese Slicks do not pack the firepower of the Blackhawk and can be outgunned with effort. Enemy gunships are a MAJOR problem, especially the TV missles. Jets are one of the biggest threats because they move fast and have heat seekers.

To counter these problems, take the following precautions:
    Jets - spot them and call for support.
    Gunships - spot them, call for support and attempt to evade.
    Slicks - spot them and try to stay our of their arcs of fire while keeping them in yours. Call for support and attempt to shoot them down.

If no support is available, continue with your mission and request support when it becomes available.

Good luck!
    "Grah"

|TG-Irr|Grahukantar

Re: Blackhawk: Ground suppression

I actually read the thread title as "BHack: ground suppression", thinking briefly that someone had taken the time to do a write up of how I just dominate in BF2.

Some sort of freudian ego thing I guess. Now I feel sort of silly, good writeup though!

Comment

LOL! Thanks!
      "Grah"

|TG-Irr|Grahukantar

Comment

The objective is to keep the enemy on the ground suppressed with the miniguns and clear a path for ground troops.
        Its quite hard to do that in the "bhack" on TG servers. With the nerfed guns, they are not very effective as a support platform. In my experience this seems to mostly result in:

DarkViper killed.....
        DarkViper killed.....
        DarkViper killed.....
        DarkViper killed.....
        DarkViper killed.....
        DarkViper killed.....

Flashing up on the screen. Using the "bhack" as a platform for AT guys is an interesting concept which i havent seen done yet.

Comment

Its pretty much a waste of 6 guys doing it on our server now with the nerfed guns. The best use of the blackhawk is either fast transport or for parachuting squads.

Comment

I agree. I cant say im too sorry about it either. The blackhawk domination was a little tiresome. Nice to see you are getting involved with tactics and guides already though mate.

Comment

Sweet. I will not have to fight with people over getting a turn in the blackhawk. Now I can fight with people because they won't get into the blackhawk with me.
              Chris: Dad, I tried to go to school but this guy won't let me.
              Peter: Oh yeah? Him and what army?
              Chris: The U.S. Army.
              Peter: Oh, that's a good army.

Family Guy

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed